hello, so i have the bb bold 9700, it just randomly got the white screen and i dont know how to fix it, as soon as i switch the phone on the white screen comes and theres nothing else i can do, does anyone know how to fix it? please help, all suggestions are welcome, thank you.
    03-27-12 08:30 PM
    ermmmm

could be a screen problem. If you are totally clueless, then take it to a repair centre. If you want to take matters into your own hands, then you can disassemble it and see which version LCD it uses and purchase one online.
    03-27-12 08:38 PM
    Ah the white screen of death. To only fix is to replace the LCD screen.
    03-27-12 08:39 PM
    no other way? couldnt it be a software problem or something?
    03-27-12 08:44 PM
    Nope. I had the same issue Research the out of & all came back to replacing the LCD.
    03-27-12 08:53 PM
    Yup it is an LCD problem. My friends 9000 had the same fate. Any physical damage occur to the phone lately?
    03-27-12 08:59 PM
    nope not as far as i remember
    03-27-12 09:01 PM
    Yep, my 9700 died the same whitish death.

As posted by others, my research on this showed that replacing the screen might solve the issue, it doesn't seem to be a software issue.

I didn't bother doing that, since I was afraid the issue would come back. Through my IT dept I was allowed to upgrade to another phone, even though I was only 14 months into a 2 year contract. You might want to try that with your carrier if you're still under contract.
    03-27-12 09:01 PM
    i was under contract for 18 months finished that about 3 months ago, then extended it for another 12 months, i dont know if theyll replace it for me.
    03-27-12 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD