I'm ready for a new blackberry. I have an old curve 8330. I'm going to stick with Verizon. I was thinking about getting a Droid or iphone, but I like the BB and email is important to me.

Which BB should I get? Here's what's important for me: Email; Picture taking; internet browser; and the ability to download apps and play some games and have sites such as youtube, etc to play easily.

I was thinking about the Droid Pro, but I'm going to stick with a BB..just wasn't sure which BBs are out there these days--and have easy qwerty keyboards!
    04-06-11 03:12 PM
    Not much new on VZW right now other than a couple of Curves, Bold 9650 and Storm 2. But if you can hang on about six months, much better stuff is coming:

Exclusive: CDMA BlackBerry Roadmap 2011 - Montana, Monaco, Sedona, Malibu, BlackBerry 6.1 Evolution and more! | CrackBerry.com

The Montana seems to be generating the most buzz of the coming devices. It's basically the next-gen Bold with a touch screen. All of them look pretty impressive.
    04-06-11 03:29 PM
    Torch sounds like a snug fit for you, especially if you want to enjoy games as well as watch youtube videos in a larger display.
    04-06-11 03:30 PM
    Torch sounds like a snug fit for you, especially if you want to enjoy games as well as watch youtube videos in a larger display.
    Would be if it were on Verizon ...
    04-06-11 03:35 PM
    Does Verizon have the torch? I'm a novice so I wasn't sure.
    04-06-11 03:37 PM
    I'm ready for a new blackberry. I have an old curve 8330. I'm going to stick with Verizon. I was thinking about getting a Droid or iphone, but I like the BB and email is important to me.

Which BB should I get? Here's what's important for me: Email; Picture taking; internet browser; and the ability to download apps and play some games and have sites such as youtube, etc to play easily.

I was thinking about the Droid Pro, but I'm going to stick with a BB..just wasn't sure which BBs are out there these days--and have easy qwerty keyboards!
    It sounds like you should hold out for the next line of BB's which should be out hopefully later this year. If you can't wait then maybe check on craigslist for a used Bold 9650 so you can try out os 6. IMO 6.0 was just a UI revamp and now has a webkit browser. The webkit BB put out just doesn't utilize its capabilities like iOS or Android does. All that really matters is that you find a phone that works for you so good luck on your choice.

You can't go wrong with the Droid Pro as it shares the exact same setup as a BB except with a touchscreen. If you don't want to use your upgrade I am selling my Droid Pro in the marketplace so check it out if you're interested.
    04-06-11 03:48 PM
    I would definitely wait for the new ones to come out later this year. The best BB that VZW has right now is the 9650 and it is on the EOL list. If you can't hold off you can always go the Craigslist option or the market place here on CB.
    04-06-11 03:52 PM
    Tucker67: "get an android, BB's sucks."
    Civic: "get an iphone, BB's suck."
    Me: go and try out a bunch of phones in bestbuy or your wireless provider's store, and get the one you like. I personally prefer BB's, but that's just me. Everyone has different wants and needs, and no one can really speak to yours.
    04-06-11 09:03 PM
    Does Verizon have the torch? I'm a novice so I wasn't sure.
    Unfortunately no ... either Verizon didn't want it, or RIM didn't want to build a CDMA version (Verizon's wireless platform); and it doesn't look like they'll be getting one in the future.

Tucker67: "get an android, BB's sucks."
    Civic: "get an iphone, BB's suck."
    Me: go and try out a bunch of phones in bestbuy or your wireless provider's store, and get the one you like. I personally prefer BB's, but that's just me. Everyone has different wants and needs, and no one can really speak to yours.
    OP did say they preferred to stick with BB, so, we're recommending BB's!
    04-06-11 10:41 PM
    Lol my bad he did say that. I didn't notice the last line, I just saw that he (she?) Had considered android and iphone lol.
    If I was you OP, I'd wait to see what RIM announces at their mobile conference thing here that's coming up. A Bold Touch is gonna be way nicer than a 9650, even tho the 9650 is freakin awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-11 10:45 PM
    i had the torch in mind as well while reading your "criteria" too bad its not on verizon. you can always try out a fresh unlocked unit from amazon or just wait til the new units are launched
    04-06-11 11:29 PM
    i had the torch in mind as well while reading your "criteria" too bad its not on verizon. you can always try out a fresh unlocked unit from amazon or just wait til the new units are launched
    That won't work either ... Torch is GSM only, Verizon's network is CDMA.
    04-06-11 11:59 PM
    That won't work either ... Torch is GSM only, Verizon's network is CDMA.
    Oh yeah i forgot about that! Thats one thing that probably annoys me with carriers, all over. If my favourite future RIM devices come as cdma ill be screwed
    04-07-11 12:42 PM
    Oh yeah i forgot about that! Thats one thing that probably annoys me with carriers, all over. If my favourite future RIM devices come as cdma ill be screwed
    The only thing I don't see on the GSM roadmap is a touch-screen-only. Closest you'll get to that is the Torch 2 ... which isn't a bad thing!

Edit: Just for reference:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/gsm-...oadmap-593869/
    Exclusive: CDMA BlackBerry Roadmap 2011 - Montana, Monaco, Sedona, Malibu, BlackBerry 6.1 Evolution and more! | CrackBerry.com
    04-07-11 01:42 PM
    The only thing I don't see on the GSM roadmap is a touch-screen-only. Closest you'll get to that is the Torch 2 ... which isn't a bad thing!

Edit: Just for reference:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/gsm-...oadmap-593869/
    im not a fan of touch screen really, i like to "feel" what im typing lol and slide up phones are a NO NO to me too lol
    04-07-11 10:15 PM
    im not a fan of touch screen really, i like to "feel" what im typing lol and slide up phones are a NO NO to me too lol
    I can't type on a touch screen to save my life. I've kind of gotten used to the slider, but I can also see why it's not for everybody. But I love this big screen ...

04-07-11 10:58 PM
    I would go for the BlackBerry 9300 Curve 3G. I love it! It's sleek and light!
    04-08-11 02:02 AM
    It all depends what u like a touchscreen or keyboard

04-08-11 02:08 AM
    Why don't you think Android or iPhone can't do email?
    04-08-11 03:52 AM
    Torch is the best one for my money!
    04-08-11 06:28 AM
    Bold is also very good
    04-08-11 06:39 AM
    Check out the 9650 Bold, great BB.
    04-08-11 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD