Hola! Since this was general discussion, and not about a specific phone per say... I hope this is the best section... Anyway! I have been researching Blackberries a decent bit since I messed around with my friends. I currently use an LG Voyager (Multi-MEdia Phone) But I mostly (since it's a 2.5 mm jack) Only use it for checking email, surfing the web, texting/messaging, phone calls. But since the BB have from what a hear a good Email service, and their web browser seems very good, also they come with 3.5mm jacks so I can actually listen to music on it... Would a Blackberry device be good match for me?

I am not a corporate user. I am a student. I do not play games on my phone ( and if I did it would be about as extreme as tetris... the idea of playing RE4 or Doom my a phone is not appealing.) I enjoy using my phone a lot to surf web (Facebook, IGN, Finding locations etc.) I also send and write emails a decent bit. Another Cellphone would not do what I like to do as efficiently as a smart-phone, and Blackberries seem to be a larger name in the smart-phone market.

I am on Verizon network with zero desire to switch as they have exceptional service and have not bitten me in the arse over anything (yet ). I know that maybe the Iphone would come to Verizon (2010 possibly rumors say). I am looking specifically, the Blackberry Storm (2), ( I read many posts on the 1st one, read reviews and am well aware of the seemingly pros and cons of the phone as a piece of smart-phone hardware)seeing as I lovetouch-phone capabilities and the ease of use with them. With the small amount of information I have of my usage and habits... would a Blackberry be a smart choice? Ty for your time.
    07-18-09 07:57 PM
    It seems you and I are in the same boat. I also use a Voyager. I had the TV/Internet service for about 6 months and liked the TV service but the Internet service was slooooooooooooooooooooower than I remember when a 9600 baud modem was how I used something called Compuserve (long time ago).
    So, I had Verizon turn off the TV and Interent service. Now, I've been looking at the Curve and Tour thinking I could use it for email etc. I'm retired but could still use its capabilities.
    I guess I'm just wondering if I'll use it enough to justify the added monthly fee. Also am trying to decide between the Curve and Tour; guys at the store say the Storm is a bit 'buggy'.
    I'm leaning to the Curve as a starter. The touch features on the Voyager aren't what I anticipated, so I wouldn't miss that. Also, I'd like to be able to find a way to 'sync' all my contacts between gmail, my Mac, my PCs and my phone/BB etc. Can't find a way to do that with the Voyager, but I think it can be done with a BB. I'm close to a decision, but, like you, wonder if it's the right move.
    07-18-09 08:16 PM
    Aye, the Verizon web browser is essentially garbage, and I would use the net more... but that browser is so dang buggy. I love tinkering with my phone too, and looks like you can customize a berry more to your liking... say instead of a cellphone with the ability to choose the type font... A smart-phone is up my ally, but a blackberry per say... I am hoping they fix the bugs I have read about with the Storm 2... Otherwise the Tour for Verizon will work.
    07-18-09 08:30 PM
    Well first of all if you browse the web A LOT then you would want an iPhone. It's browser is quite a bit better. Althougghhhhhh you do not want to switch to AT&T and honestly, I switched from an iPhone and don't find the BB Browser to be bad, simply different. BB is about to release a new OS 5.0 which will come with a better browser so that will help also. If you are in Verizon, I would certainly get a BB Tour.
    07-18-09 08:31 PM
    My previous phone was an LG. After switching to the BlackBerry Curve, I can't see how I survived without one. I love the ability to receive Emails instantly. It almost becomes addictive. The Curve is an awesome device. If I were eligible for an upgrade I would move up to the Tour. The Curve is great, but there are so many apps I want to download and I don't quite have the memory for all of them on my Curve. The memory on the Curve and the amount of apps you can install on it is probably plenty for the average user. I'm not what you would call the average user. I seem to want every app out there, if it's good. The Storm is nice, but I'm really not into touch screens. Overall, you can't go wrong with a BlackBerry.
    07-18-09 08:33 PM
    Aye, the Verizon web browser is essentially garbage, and I would use the net more... but that browser is so dang buggy. I love tinkering with my phone too, and looks like you can customize a berry more to your liking... say instead of a cellphone with the ability to choose the type font... A smart-phone is up my ally, but a blackberry per say... I am hoping they fix the bugs I have read about with the Storm 2... Otherwise the Tour for Verizon will work.
    I don't use the BlackBerry browser much. I mostly use Opera Mini now. There's also Bolt, but the new release does not connect as fast as the previous version on my phone. Not sure if it's something to do with the area I'm in or what. Skyfire has a browser in the works that's supposed to have flash support. Everyone is hoping that Skyfire will be the best browser....we hope.
    07-18-09 08:37 PM
    So in essence, I just could get a 3rd party browser for the net... if the BB one is not up to snuff?
    07-18-09 09:30 PM
    So in essence, I just could get a 3rd party browser for the net... if the BB one is not up to snuff?
    Yes exactly. You are not limited to just the bb browser. You should try out the tour to see if it fits your style if you want the keyboard or the storm if you like the touchscreen feeling. My bro went from the LG Voyager to the storm and he now loves the storm. I'm not even sure if he knows where the LG is lol. There are also a few good music apps for the bb that you would probably enjoy.
    07-18-09 09:39 PM
    Get a blackberry! You won't regret it. According to what you look for in a phone (facebook, email etc) blackberry covers it. I have verizon wireless as well and they definitely offer great blackberry smart phones. The only con is that the web pages aren't always complete depending on where you go compare to the iPhone, but its still good

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 09:45 PM
    Well that's reassuring, I enjoy my voyager, but it lacks the... utility or ease of utility I would like in a phone... It seems a blackberry would offer me that... Also good to hear a previous user of the Voyager has a current storm and loves it... Think I will wait and see about the Storm 2, and probably end up getting a blackberry... Iphone looks cool... But I like the more professional feel and function of a BB, then a have fun with me Iphone.... course the Iphone could be more professional then I thought
    07-19-09 12:51 AM
    I just left AT&T - I got tired of their jerking me around with their customer service after 8 years. Like you i dont do much 'playing' on my phone, and i didnt want to deal with the hassle of an apple product (cant change the battery, proprietary cables/jacks, iTunes...) Did some searching and my choice was either the enV Touch or the BB 8900. Went with the BB as of 2 days ago and i LOVE IT! internet isnt blazing fast, but its acceptable, got quite a few cool apps, plus it just looks and feels more 'mature' than the other choices. Gotta say i'm hooked to the crackberry...
    07-19-09 10:15 AM
    Join the club medicdude! LOL!! I'm addicted as well!
    07-19-09 12:01 PM
    If you are sticking with VZW go in and play with the Storm and the new Tour. Both are great devices but have to see what feels better in your hands and what you are more comfortable with. The newest OS for the Storm is excellent (.151). If your not a fan of touchcreens then def go with the Tour.
    07-19-09 12:23 PM
    Also, I forgot to mention because you like using the internet I would not get the 8900, simply because it does not have 3G. I held the 8900 and the Bold side my side and the Bold blows it away rending websites. I know you cannot get the Bold, but the Tour is more or less the same thing.
    07-19-09 12:50 PM
    i would go with the storm since it has the big screen for web browsing. and if you want a better browser there is opera mini which works great. BB email service can't be beat. and for an overall it does sound like a BB would be best for you long as you don't mind paying for the data plan.

perhaps if your around wifi alot and dont want to pay for the BB data plan i would say get an ipod touch. that is only if your around a lot of wifi.

on a side note yea i would agree mobile safari on the iphone is still the best mobile browser but there is nothing wrong with the BB's. and i wouldn't count on seeing a vzw iphone in 2010. and doom on the iphone is suprisingly fun i def use mine as a portable gaming device.
    07-19-09 12:59 PM
    because of the things you listed if the price is ok with you then a blackberry would suit your needs fine..

but definitely think about the added cost being a student and all
    07-19-09 01:18 PM
    Seems like you would like the Tour from your response. But seems like you like the touchscreen a lot as well. If you can, you should hold out for the Storm 2, seems like your best choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD