Hi guys,
    I dont even know where to begin! So i havent slept in two days ive been on the internet reading all sorts of forums and even tried to figure out any hardware problems. I first got my torch back in January and it has been working perfectly fine. I dont have extended warranty and my phone got a crack in its touch screen. i was told this can later cause me problems if i dont have it fixed and quite frankly i could not afford the 180 dollars to have it fixed. therefore, my friend introduced me to youtube which showed me how to install a new touch screen myself! i ordered myself a touch screen for the blackberry torch 9800 off of ebay and thought i could do a quick fix. I followed the intructions down to the T! Except i did forget two screws under the touch screen however the phone was very secure i thought this should not affect any hardware problems. apart from wrecking a lot of the screws everything was put back perfectly and once i inserted the battery my torch flashes a still red led light for about 8 seconds and goes completeyl dead and it keeps repeating this cycle. ive tried everything i can and read all sorts of forums where people had this problem without ever opening the inside, therefore i figured my torch is salvageable. I really need your guys help please!! Ive tried many solutions and right when i get about 80% far i cannot connect to the device because my computer wont detect a usb:unknown let alone connect to my device through desktop manager. Please help, i NEED my phone!
    05-26-11 05:05 AM
    Hi guys,
    I dont even know where to begin! So i havent slept in two days ive been on the internet reading all sorts of forums and even tried to figure out any hardware problems. I first got my torch back in January and it has been working perfectly fine. I dont have extended warranty and my phone got a crack in its touch screen. i was told this can later cause me problems if i dont have it fixed and quite frankly i could not afford the 180 dollars to have it fixed. therefore, my friend introduced me to youtube which showed me how to install a new touch screen myself! i ordered myself a touch screen for the blackberry torch 9800 off of ebay and thought i could do a quick fix. I followed the intructions down to the T! Except i did forget two screws under the touch screen however the phone was very secure i thought this should not affect any hardware problems. apart from wrecking a lot of the screws everything was put back perfectly and once i inserted the battery my torch flashes a still red led light for about 8 seconds and goes completeyl dead and it keeps repeating this cycle. ive tried everything i can and read all sorts of forums where people had this problem without ever opening the inside, therefore i figured my torch is salvageable. I really need your guys help please!! Ive tried many solutions and right when i get about 80% far i cannot connect to the device because my computer wont detect a usb:unknown let alone connect to my device through desktop manager. Please help, i NEED my phone!
    If your install of the screen is not the problem, then you need to reload the OS. See these instructions and use current OS like 6.0.0.570:
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

OS found here (don't forget to delete vendor.xml before the install):
    Official OS 6.0.0.570 for the BlackBerry 9780, 9800, 9100 and 9105 released by AVEA Turkey | CrackBerry.com
    05-26-11 06:20 AM
    thanks for the reply! ive definitely tried this already but i cant seem to connect my device at all! it does not say com1 let alone switch to usb:unknown, ive tried this atleast 25 times....is there a way around this? and is there any way to know if ive wrecked something with the hardware...?
    05-26-11 06:50 AM
    im really worried, do u think if i had damaged or misplaced something with the hardware the red led light would still flash? im hoping the light means that sooner or later i will be able to get it to work...
    05-26-11 06:54 AM
    im really worried, do u think if i had damaged or misplaced something with the hardware the red led light would still flash? im hoping the light means that sooner or later i will be able to get it to work...
    Sorry, but if you tried the steps above you would have to assume that something went wrong when you replaced the screen, but that is out of my area of expertise.
    Hopefully someone else might be able to help. Good luck.
    05-26-11 07:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD