Hello,

We have a BB 9790 that was run over by a car & also had water damage. Currently we can get the red light to turn on. The LCD is broken however we dont have a replacement for it so we cant see whats going on.

We are trying to backup the customers data off the phone, mostly photos. When I plug it into our computer it does connect & you hear the sound windows 7 plays when you plug a usb device into the computer. it also did install the drivers the first time i plugged it in.when I open up desktop manager it says 'unknown device" & to click retry to connect to the phone. I have left it for a few mins hoping that it would boot up and get to the bb desktop then plug it into the computer but it does not seem like it ever does. My guess is that its not booting properly.

When I plug it into BB Desktop manager it just says cannot communicate with device which leads me to believe its a software issue.

Just wondering if anybody has any tips on how we could backup the users data.

Thank for the help,
    03-07-13 11:23 AM
    Was the device password protected? If so, it is possible that the device is waiting for the user to enter their password after you have connected USB. As password-protected BlackBerry requires the password to be entered (again) when connecting using Mass Storage Mode.

Cheers,
    03-07-13 11:28 AM
    Was the device password protected? If so, it is possible that the device is waiting for the user to enter their password after you have connected USB. As password-protected BlackBerry requires the password to be entered (again) when connecting using Mass Storage Mode.

Cheers,
    Hello,

not sure if there was a password or not, however usually from what i have seen in the past if there is a password then once blackberry desktop connects it will ask you for that password. however the issue here is that it will not even connect.

Thanks for the help.
    03-07-13 11:39 AM
    I would still try shutting down Desktop Manager, connecting with USB, and entering the user's password on the BlackBerry keyboard...
    03-07-13 11:45 AM