I am using an unlocked O2 BB 9700. It has OS v5.0.0.421 installed on it. It was unlocked by the shopkeeper when I bought it so I don't know which software did he actually install (Software meant for India or abroad ..for O2 or not).

So now I am planning to install OS v5.0.0.680. I want to know if there would be any problems? I mean are there any chances of the phone crashing beacuse it is an unlocked piece?

Upgrading to .680 may not make sense ..but I just like to have the latest software available. Would love the OS6 but don't wanna risk it as of now. Its better to wait for the official release

Thanks in advance.
    11-15-10 08:29 AM
    There is no problem in updating. Where from did you buy it? If you bought it from a network operator, visit the respective operator's site and find out the link for BB software for that operator. I updated mine to 680 easily.
    11-15-10 10:58 AM
    I bought it from a local shop here in India ..its not tied up with any operator(now). Its like, maybe it was locked with O2 in the UK and then someone brought it down here, unlocked it and sold it to me.

So now technically this phone belongs to O2. So should I upgrade it with the latest OS available with O2(on the O2 website)? or the latest OS available with Blackberry India?

I am being so cautious because I screwed up my E61i the last time around. The network IC of that phone got screwed and no one can repair it.

Thanks a lot for the help.
    11-15-10 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD