After having held out until now, I finally upgraded my 9700 to OS 6 - using version .534.

A few questions:

1) I used to receive my BIS G-Mail on both the PC and BB at the same time - sometime the BB would even receive it first with OS 5. There is now a 10+ minute lag as to when I receive the same e-mails with OS 6 on my BB.

Is that supposed to happen?

Anything I can do to fix this?

2) Without having installed any new apps, and actually having deleted a few once I had OS 6 set-up, I have close to 30MB less memory - and that's with shrinking the OS.

Is that normal?

3) When I charge the BB through the USB on my computer, I don't get the lightning bolt indicator anymore. It still seems to be charging though.

Normal?

4) When I type in a name of someone I want to call on the home screen, it automatically uses universal search. Is there a way to disable that and just have it work the way it did on OS 5?

Thanks.
    04-26-11 01:01 PM
    Well...

1) That depends I think you can set a timer on how long it will check for new main. (But not sure)

2) It may be apps on now but I would not worry about it.

3) That I do not know, but I do think that the bolt should be on but as long as it is charging, don't worry about it.

4) I do not know sorry
    04-26-11 01:30 PM
    One last question...

Without installing anything new, I've dropped nearly 6MB's from the memory in the last few hours...

Normal?
    04-26-11 02:26 PM
    Well...

1) That depends I think you can set a timer on how long it will check for new main. (But not sure)(
    I've never heard anything about timers before...

On OS 5, the BIS came in as push, pretty much instantly. I'm going for the same thing on OS 6. It should be possible, no?
    04-26-11 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD