Hi,

Im from the UK and have the Orange mobile BB 9700. I recieve free Orange Maps as part of my plan.

As of July, the GPS on my phone has stopped working - unable to find location whether I use Orange Maps, Google Maps or BB maps. It was working perfectly until July. I have left the phone out in the open for 4 hours and it was still not able to find my location on Orange Maps or anything else.

Anyone else encountered simmilar problems and how did you resolve it?

what I have done so far:
    - contacted Orange; who have no clue whats going on
    - upadted on BB desktop manager
    08-10-10 11:35 AM
    I have a 9700 and twice I have had to reinstall the OS to recover my GPS. I still don't know what was doing it, but reinstalling the OS worked for me.

Can you open the Options/Advanced/GPS screen? When I was having my problems, it would not open.
    08-10-10 02:52 PM
    I have a 9700 and twice I have had to reinstall the OS to recover my GPS. I still don't know what was doing it, but reinstalling the OS worked for me.

Can you open the Options/Advanced/GPS screen? When I was having my problems, it would not open.
    Yes I can open that screen. How can I reinstall the OS? sorry Im a noob who does not understand these terms
    08-10-10 05:11 PM
    Having problems on my device. Not sure if a 3rd party app is messing things up. GPS only works on BlackBerry Maps, but is no longer working for VZ Navigator & Google Maps. It was working briefly after I wiped and reloaded the device. After adding a few apps, it's no longer working again.
    lookhere2000 likes this.
    09-01-10 08:39 PM
    I'm having the same problems. My GPS has just suddenly died. I've run every test possible and have gotten no response. I really didn't want to re-install the OS, but I guess that's my next step.
    09-22-10 10:00 PM
    The 3rd party application that was messing up my GPS was Vlingo. Vlingo has a location feature that utilizes the GPS chip. Even after disabling the feature within the application and changing permissions, it would still cause problems with my GPS chip. I found a previous version of Vlingo online. The current version of Vlingo 4.5.4 was the culprit. After removing the application, my GPS was working again. Vlingo 4.5.2 does not cause this issue. Vlingo doesn't support it anymore. If you have Vlingo, try to grab a copy of 4.5.2 online.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD