I just got a 8530 and I have noticed that I can't use the phone and WiFi simultaneously. What I mean is that if I have an active call, I can't use the WiFi...

Any suggestions?
    11-18-10 06:49 AM
    I just got a 8530 and I have noticed that I can't use the phone and WiFi simultaneously. What I mean is that if I have an active call, I can't use the WiFi...

Any suggestions?
    I don't totally understand what your asking... If your on a call, you can multi task and use a data consuming app, like BlackBerry Messenger, at the same time.

If your asking can you make a phone call over wifi, that's called UMA, and although your device supports it, your carrier has to support it for you to be able to use it.

I hope that helped?
    caquito07 likes this.
    11-18-10 06:54 AM
    Correct, your phone does not operate on a HSPA+ network.
    You will only be able to do one or the other.

There isn't a way around this either.
    Also, its not just for WiFi, assuming you have BIS, you can either talk or use data.

Think of it as old school dial up internet. They both need to use the same lane for communications. So you can either talk using that laneway, or use data down that laneway.

Only way to get around the dilema is get a phone that supports HSPA+, and activate it on a HSPA+ network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-10 06:54 AM
    Correct, your phone does not operate on a HSPA+ network.
    You will only be able to do one or the other.

There isn't a way around this either.
    Also, its not just for WiFi, assuming you have BIS, you can either talk or use data.

Think of it as old school dial up internet. They both need to use the same lane for communications. So you can either talk using that laneway, or use data down that laneway.

Only way to get around the dilema is get a phone that supports HSPA+, and activate it on a HSPA+ network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I know a CDMA BB can't use carrier data and voice at the same time, but it can't use wifi data at the same time as voice? I thought they could... but I don't own a CDMA with wifi, so I'm not 100% on that.

Maybe I should stay in the 9700 forum...
    11-18-10 06:58 AM
    Thx guys! I have tested again, apparently my phone wasn't completely connected to the WiFi. It is working now!

Kudos
    11-18-10 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD