Help me please,...

My handset of BB 8310 are restarting every time. is that something wrong with my handset or??

I already wipe, re-install the OS, delete 3rd party apps. but no luck.

any suggestion.
    03-24-09 02:35 AM
    How old is the phone/battery?

Options>status and post your file free memory. It just restarts while sitting there or are you doing something?
    03-24-09 02:37 AM
    Also, if you have a media card, take it out and see if the problem goes away.

A corrupted file or file system on your media card can cause freezing and rebooting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 03:10 AM
    I buy it from dec 2008.
    My handset restarting while sitting and sometime while i'm chatting with yahoo messenger.

taking out the media card is not a solution, my handset still and keep restarting.

any idea?
    03-24-09 03:49 AM
    It's less than 12 mos old, back up your BB with Desktop Manager then take your phone to your carrier for a warranty exchange.

When you get another phone, connect your new BB to DM and do a restore to get your contacts and messages on your BB.

03-24-09 03:54 AM
    Options>status and post your file free memory (this is important) if its below 12mb this could be your issue..... probably not since you did a recent wipe but.......
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-24-09 at 03:57 AM.
    03-24-09 03:55 AM
    My File Free at Option>Status -> 18467368 Bytes

Argh....
    after see my file free and go to the YM, my handset *again* restarting twice.

And nw my file free at 18470012 bytes
    Last edited by lwilianto; 03-24-09 at 04:22 AM.
    03-24-09 04:19 AM
    Memory is not the issue. Maybe Xliderider hit it on the head with post #5, you have wiped, reloaded - maybe its hardware.... I would see about a replacement if no one has better advice for you. Best of luck
    03-24-09 04:23 AM
    Thanks,...

Tomorrow I will go to the services centre.
    03-24-09 04:33 AM
    I had the same problem with a BB Pearl it is quite annoying but I brought it back and exchanged it with no problem
    03-24-09 04:42 AM
    OMG, they won't exchanged the handled.
    03-26-09 08:54 PM
    Good luck I would take it in like some of the others have suggested...
    03-26-09 09:00 PM
    Good luck I would take it in like some of the others have suggested...
    uhmmm ??

OP said he did and they would not exchange it....

anyhow lwilianto why would they not exchange it? What was the reason?
    03-26-09 09:06 PM
    because I buy it on Dec'08, and for the exchange to the new one, they just give me a week from the day I buy it.
    03-26-09 09:22 PM
    ?

You should have a year under the warranty to exchange it unless I am missing something........ ??
    03-26-09 09:24 PM
    Yes, the warranty are a year, but they said only for services, if I wanna exchanged to the new one, it only a week warranty.

*And the service for my problem is at least 1.5 month.
    03-26-09 09:39 PM
    That's BS, RIM offers a 12 month warranty on BBs. Sprint is supposed to take your BB in and exchange it for another one, then send your old one to RIM.

03-26-09 09:48 PM
    You need to make sure you tell them it is for warranty exchange, maybe they thought you were asking for a different blackberry. They should be able to take it in. I have never once heard of them not taking one in when it does sound like you tried different things to check to see what it is. Try again. Try calling CS for your carrier. You have at least a year warranty through RIM.
    03-26-09 10:25 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

We are sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with your BlackBerry device. All BlackBerry units come with a one-year warranty against manufacturing defects from the date of purchase. This warranty is processed by your service provider on your behalf.

Please contact your service provider as they field general queries, provide technical as well as warranty support for all BlackBerry-related issues, and are your exclusive point of contact in these matters.

Note: If your BlackBerry device is over one year old, your provider will provide alternative options.

Thank you again for contacting us and have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Brian
    BlackBerry Customer Support
    Research In Motion Limited
    Tel:
    NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
    UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
    Europe: +44 1753 558400
    Worldwide: +1-519-888-6181
    That is RIM answer to me, but my provider won't exchange my BB.
    03-26-09 10:34 PM
    That is RIM answer to me, but my provider won't exchange my BB.
    Like I stated before, call CS but from your carrier. You don't have any deep scratches on your blackberry, or got it wet, right? that could void the warranty. Anyway, yes call up CS from, in your case Vodafone, and tell them the issues you are having. You need to conduct a warranty exchange.
    03-26-09 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD