Hi,

I am currently in a conversation on twitter with someone who thinks that BB 10 is going to be too complicated for present BB users. He does not know who it is going to appeal to. I am probably the wrong person to evaluate this because I spent months following the development so I get most of the changes.

But do you think that 'normal' BB users will like the new OS, seeing that it is so different from the current OS?
    12-18-12 03:18 AM
    Its easy and people will like it
    cuong205a likes this.
    12-18-12 03:33 AM
    Current editions of the BBOS are more than complicated enough... Yes, the learning curve can be a tiny bit steep when it comes to current BB devices... I highly doubt that things could go any further in that direction when it comes to the upcoming BB 10, though...

Will it be too complicated for legions of iSheep to figure out? Well, that's another story. We're hearing numerous complaints from a few of them already...
    12-18-12 05:22 AM
    If BB 10 offers the ability to get done quicker, and is as intuitive and integrated as it is with peek, flow and the hub being always at your fingertips, I would highly doubt BB 10 is going to be such a complicated device to use with the swipe gestures, and that we are going to have too big of a learning curve. Does not make sense to have a device that lets you perform functions easier, yet is harder to do so because of the learning curve
    12-18-12 05:32 AM
    it is "different" and I suppose it could deter some people who don't like to adapt from things they know. But as an os to pick up, it doesn't seem hard to learn. Anyone switching to another platform would have a learning curve anyway.

BB users I know who had PlayBooks picked that up quickly.

this reminds me of a blog post I read where an iOS dismissed the PlayBook as "too difficult" to use. Upon digging, his rationale was that it wasn't an iPad, didn't have a home button and was "too difficult".
    12-18-12 05:36 AM
    Up, down, left, right.... How complicated is that? With all the different key commands in the current OS, it seems to me, based on what I've seen of BB10, that the legacy OS has much more to figure out.

Many current iPhone users (not all) don't like change as they haven't had any in years, and for me, Android has a lot more to figure out. It's a techies dream and simpler person's nightmare (based on limited personal experience and what I've read)
    12-18-12 05:43 AM
    He compared it to Windows Phone, saying that people didn't embrace its difference. I think that Microsoft's problem is that they are used to being the default OS on the desktop that they never really had to depend on advertising to sell units. They have a large advertising budget and they can do big media blitzes. RIM is doing more targeted marketing/advertising and I think that it is best because the product they have a niche product. You have to market it as a niche product and not a product for the masses. All of Apple's products are niche but they have a mass market appeal. There is actually a difference.
    12-18-12 05:55 AM
    A learning curve of five minutes, max.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    12-18-12 07:41 AM
    Personally I think the current BBOS can be rather complicated. I mean just go to profiles and you are flooded with quite some settings. Speaking of those, the generic settings menu is quite crowded too. As for the gestures, I somehow doubt right now those will be a problem. I just got a Playbook a couple of days ago and within a couple of minutes those gestures are as natural in PB operation as are pinch-to-zoom gestures on all touchscreens or navigating through OS7.
    However gestures are one part, layout and usability of the UI is another thing. I won't comment on that yet, since IMO you have to use it in person to decide about usability.
    12-18-12 08:02 AM
    just a short comment : quicker, simplier than iOS 6

Is BB 10 too complicated for existing BB users?-img_00000041.jpg

for further overview you could visit tinhte.vn, bbvietnam.vn or this link 千里独行: BB10
    12-18-12 08:27 AM
    Doed anyone know if the icond can be rearranged/moved to other screens like on iOS and Android?
    I like to keep the home screen uncluttered.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    12-18-12 09:29 AM
    When you first fire up the PlayBook, there's a quick tutorial - with that, I had it's controls down in no time. I expect the same with BB10.
    12-18-12 09:38 AM
    It's not like going from 5th grade math to calculus. Won't take long at all.
    12-18-12 09:44 AM
    [QUOTE=qbnkelt;7789109]Doed anyone know if the icond can be rearranged/moved to other screens like on iOS and Android?
    I like to keep the home screen uncluttered.

Well it seems to have multiple screens and it uses some of the PlayBook's UI. You can create folders and move icons easily on the PB so I'm hoping it's the same for BB10.

As for the question of ease of use for average consumers....I think the one gesture that might cause some difficulty and take some time to get used to is the up and to the right sweep needed to get to the hub. It looks like a bit of a subtle gesture and I have noticed in many videos that even Vivek has occasionally needed to swipe more than once to access the hub. I bet they have worked hard to make that gesture work but I can see where it might take some getting used to. Perhaps OPs with hands on experience can comment.
    12-18-12 09:45 AM