I think we are forgetting they are releasing 6 bb10 phones in 2013, not just the x and z

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Jake Storm likes this.
    01-02-13 11:36 PM
    So why did they release the storm (torch)? RIM's recent actions negates everything you're saying about them not wanting to be cool. Nothing last forever, however to dismiss the iPhone as if its a fad is silly on your part. There's a ton of stuff that I can do on my iPhone (personal and professional) that can't be replicated on bb devices. Anywhoo, I say Rimm sells 10-12 million devices next year. They have to get rid of the negative stigma that's haunting the company (Which is very difficult).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I dunno... The Storm was released by people who don't work there anymore.
    This is different. I wouldn't be shocked by your conservative estimate of sales but I suspect more, maybe double. No doubt about some awesome apps for iOS. This next few months are going to be interesting indeed.
    01-03-13 12:25 AM
    Right now, Apple's devices are seen as a bit boring and pedestrian. Android has the obvious stability, security, malware, performance, lag and crashing issues that plague that OS. And Windows Phone 8 is off to a bumpy start. Not a bad situation for someone who has something completely new and interesting to come to market with it.

While I doubt BB 10 will take "top 2," I suspect it will sell much better than most of the analysts (and Apple/Google partisans) expect.
    DJM626, Jake Storm and jakie55 like this.
    01-03-13 03:53 AM
    Right now, Apple's devices are seen as a bit boring and pedestrian. Android has the obvious stability, security, malware, performance, lag and crashing issues that plague that OS. And Windows Phone 8 is off to a bumpy start. Not a bad situation for someone who has something completely new and interesting to come to market with it.
    Apple/Samsung had millions of activations on Xmas alone. So much for being boring, full of malware, stability problems, etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    01-03-13 05:30 AM
    I think we are forgetting they are releasing 6 bb10 phones in 2013, not just the x and z

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Nope that is factored into my numbers The curve series should do very well in the non NA markets where price is more of a consideration.
    01-03-13 06:46 AM
    I will say 30 Million BB10 devices sold in 2013 as conservative estimate, and 50 Million for high side estimate. I think there is a fair amount of pent up demand for a BlackBerry with the new OS in the US and Canada. Anyway we'll see what happens and hopefully it is good for RIM. More competition in the marketplace will benefit all platforms and keep innovation going.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    01-03-13 08:58 AM
    Apple/Samsung had millions of activations on Xmas alone. So much for being boring, full of malware, stability problems, etc etc.
    I always chuckle at Apple people using this line, especially when one considers their criticism of Windows PCs (and the fact that millions of those were activated on Christmas as well). By such a standard, Windows is perfect and superior to the Mac.
    Jake Storm and Dapper37 like this.
    01-03-13 08:25 PM
    I always chuckle at Apple people using this line, especially when one considers their criticism of Windows PCs (and the fact that millions of those were activated on Christmas as well). By such a standard, Windows is perfect and superior to the Mac.
    I'm just trying to make sense of your post. The iPhone may be boring to you, which is fine, but that's your opinion. The iPhone 5 /iPad mini are still considered must have items by millions of people, so yeah your opinion does not measure up to facts. I also have a galaxy nexus, and I don't have any issues with it. It's funny how you bring up stability issues, as if the 9900 isn't suffering from os crash/reboots/battery issues (c) 9900 sub forum.

01-04-13 05:45 AM
    The iPhone meets the needs of people who don't mind a boring experience. It's the Toyota Camry of cell phones -- boring, overpriced, but lots of people like it. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Yet not everyone wants a Toyota Camry.

Android is the Yugo of cell phones. Cheap and unreliable, but people focus on the price.

As for the 9900, that's not really relevant to BlackBerry 10. You might as well talk about the Newton when mentioning the iPhone and how the iPhone is doomed to fail because your Newton keeps crashing.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    01-04-13 11:21 AM
    You actually don't know what you're talking about.
    The iPhone meets the needs of people who don't mind a boring experience. It's the Toyota Camry of cell phones -- boring, overpriced, but lots of people like it. And there's nothing wrong with that.
    Swap 'boring' with reliable. We're in an age where app collection is king. iOS has the best experience in terms of apps...it's most often the lead platform for app development. Most people spend their time in apps anyway and less time staring at the UI.
    If you think the iPhone is 'overpriced', I wonder what you'll think of the OS7 devices or even the first wave BB10 hardware which - if the rumoured specs are correct - are actually inferior in power to the iPhone 5.

Android is the Yugo of cell phones. Cheap and unreliable, but people focus on the price.
    Ignorance rears its head again. Not sure what cave you've been living in, but the so-called 'Cheap' Android phones that will be shown off at CES next week are guaranteed to soundly trounce anything RIM will announce on January 30th from a hardware specs point of view. That's just the way Android OEMs differentiate and it'll be a stretch for anyone else to keep up with them.
    Android phones now are a far cry from the days of Gingerbread.

Somehow, I suspect you already know this...
    mikeo007 and kevinnugent like this.
    01-04-13 11:44 AM

As for the 9900, that's not really relevant to BlackBerry 10. You might as well talk about the Newton when mentioning the iPhone and how the iPhone is doomed to fail because your Newton keeps crashing.
    Ok.

mikeo007 likes this.
    01-04-13 01:18 PM
    It fascinates me how people come onto the forum, when they have no intension of buying a blackberry device. Is there not a dedicated section for Iphone users? I mean I don't go onto the Iphone forums and trash a product that someone else enjoys, or is looking forward to. I don't go onto the Iphone or Android forums and let everyone know how crap the battery life is or how impossible it is to customise the the sound profiles etc. etc. simply because I don't own the product and have no intention of buying it and those comments won't help anyone. I don't do it because I don't want to leave a sour taste in someone's mouth or dampen their enthusiam. But maybe that is just me.
    Dapper37, ctuffy and Jake Storm like this.
    01-04-13 01:26 PM
    I predict:
    1. 40 million + BlackBerry 10 & 7 devices will be sold in 2013. Majority being BB 10 devices.
    2. Stock price +- 25% of $100 (ie, $75 to $125)
    Jake Storm likes this.
    01-04-13 01:31 PM
    It fascinates me how people come onto the forum, when they have no intension of buying a blackberry device. Is there not a dedicated section for Iphone users? I mean I don't go onto the Iphone forums and trash a product that someone else enjoys, or is looking forward to. I don't go onto the Iphone or Android forums and let everyone know how crap the battery life is or how impossible it is to customise the the sound profiles etc. etc. simply because I don't own the product and have no intention of buying it and those comments won't help anyone. I don't do it because I don't want to leave a sour taste in someone's mouth or dampen their enthusiam. But maybe that is just me.
    Can you kindly share the magical device you have that tells you what device/gadget every poster has the 'intension' of buying?

Candid advice: if you're so keen on making a purchase, why should the words of random strangers 'dampen your enthusiasm'?
    01-04-13 03:28 PM
    They sold under 7 million os7, I can imagine the bb10 will sell pretty well eh.
    Actually, that number is the total number of Blackberry devices sold by RIM....including high end and ultra-low end (cheap PAYG BBs). No telling the percentage that's from the flagship models.
    BB10 is coming out of the gate set to be priced for the high end market. Anyone's guess how the markets will react....especially those with cheaper tastes.

Still wish RIM had come up with a low end, Cheap version to get BB10 in as many hands as possible.
    01-04-13 03:32 PM
    Blackberry will sell over 25 million with ease! This phone is ridiculously good!

The only reason why people left blackberry is because people wanted a full touch screen and larger screen for browsing apps and watching movies etc. plus they wanted more apps.

BB10 takes care of everything. they will not only retail most of their fanbase but get back all the old ones that left years ago plus all the ones who are sick of iphone and android.

RIM WILL WIN!
    Jake Storm likes this.
    01-04-13 03:53 PM
    If RIM sells 10m-15m units in 2013 I 'll be happy. Most of you come off with a number based on today's bb userbase forgetting that most devices are slow-to-adapt corporate issued devices and not-having-the-monies-to-buy-hi-end-toys European teenagers and people in developing countries.

It's a rough road ahead for RIM but I hope it will be a victorious outcome

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
    01-04-13 04:28 PM
    i hope more than that because they need over 18 million BB10 devices to break even according to a report. I think they can sell 20 million bb10 devices this year
    agree and it is all gonna start with mine
    01-04-13 04:37 PM
    Swap 'boring' with reliable. We're in an age where app collection is king. iOS has the best experience in terms of apps...it's most often the lead platform for app development.
    Sure -- if app collection is most important to you, and you don't mind a sub-par browsing, screen-size, e-mail, messaging or productivity experience, iOS is fine for you.

Most people spend their time in apps anyway and less time staring at the UI.
    Sorry, but that's a great example of "not knowing what one's talking about." The UI is determined by the OS -- if you don't believe me, try Spotify in iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and BB7 and tell me that the app looks the same across OSes.

If you think the iPhone is 'overpriced', I wonder what you'll think of the OS7 devices or even the first wave BB10 hardware which - if the rumoured specs are correct - are actually inferior in power to the iPhone 5.
    iPhone is overpriced in terms of its incremental improvement over the prior model.

BB10 may (or may not be) overpriced, since the pricing hasn't yet been announced. I don't even use a BlackBerry device, but I guarantee you that the BB product will demolish the iPhone for messaging, e-mail, Twitter, social media, connected lifestyle and certain other core applications that are important to people. Heck, BB7 is better for all of those things than iOS.

Essentially, you're arguing that everyone else should be just like you. You like your light grey, boring, four-cylinder Camry iPhone and think that everyone who wants a Chrysler minivan, a Mazda sports coupe, a Mustang two-door convertible, a Chevy pickup truck, a super-compact FIAT 500 or a Mitsubishi EVO performance car is stupid and doesn't understand that boring, grey, slow, reliable and fuel-efficient is "the most popular."
    Dapper37 and Jake Storm like this.
    01-04-13 05:04 PM
    Ignorance rears its head again. Not sure what cave you've been living in, but the so-called 'Cheap' Android phones that will be shown off at CES next week are guaranteed to soundly trounce anything RIM will announce on January 30th from a hardware specs point of view.
    They're also guaranteed to be laggy, crash-prone and malware-choked. If your most important user characteristic is "hardware specs" (and you don't mind crashes, freezes, lagging, or malware apps that empty your bank account off to Russia because you downloaded the "wrong" bank app on the Google Play Store), Android is awesome.

There are plenty of reasons why people will buy (and choose) other devices, however.

In short, you can put a V-12 engine with a huge supercharger, huge Brembo brakes and a big rear spoiler in a Yugo and claim that it "outperforms the pathetic BMW 3-series"... but it's still a Yugo.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    01-04-13 05:07 PM
    As for the 9900, that's not really relevant to BlackBerry 10. You might as well talk about the Newton when mentioning the iPhone and how the iPhone is doomed to fail because your Newton keeps crashing. True!

Lets understand that iphone works. Android works....and so will BB10. My BBOS 7 device runs very well....for what it was designed to do. It will not wash floors or walk the dog. BB10 is a much more mer friendly device. Let us hope the masses agree, and purchase, so we can all have this discussion with BB11 and 12 in a few years.
    01-04-13 10:11 PM
    They're also guaranteed to be laggy, crash-prone and malware-choked. If your most important user characteristic is "hardware specs" (and you don't mind crashes, freezes, lagging, or malware apps that empty your bank account off to Russia because you downloaded the "wrong" bank app on the Google Play Store), Android is awesome.

There are plenty of reasons why people will buy (and choose) other devices, however.

In short, you can put a V-12 engine with a huge supercharger, huge Brembo brakes and a big rear spoiler in a Yugo and claim that it "outperforms the pathetic BMW 3-series"... but it's still a Yugo.
    LMAO!
    Babbling about 'laggy, malware choked and crashy' Android phones in 2012/2013 only points me to the inescapable conclusion that you're trolling right now. Not feeding you today, sorry.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    01-04-13 11:18 PM
    Can you kindly share the magical device you have that tells you what device/gadget every poster has the 'intension' of buying?

Candid advice: if you're so keen on making a purchase, why should the words of random strangers 'dampen your enthusiasm'?
    You are right, I will never be able to know, judging by someone's comments, that they dont intend to buy BB10 and that they prefer Iphone because its app selection is 'King'.

Sorry for my unfounded comment...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    01-04-13 11:24 PM
    You are right, I will never be able to know, judging by someone's comments, that they dont intend to buy BB10 and that they prefer Iphone because its app selection is 'King'.

Sorry for my unfounded comment...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    Probably wish you had super powers like reading minds now, huh? lol
    CMWYW likes this.
    01-05-13 01:41 AM
    LMAO!
    Babbling about 'laggy, malware choked and crashy' Android phones in 2012/2013 only points me to the inescapable conclusion that you're trolling right now. Not feeding you today, sorry.
    Obviously, you must not use Android handsets very often. My Galaxy S III lags and crashes, just like my EVO 3D did, just like my EVO 4G did, just like my Samsung Behold II did, and so on.

Android is always making two conflicting claims -- "the problems are all fixed now, it's finally reliable" and "the problems will be fixed with the next release."

A friend of mine just picked up a Galaxy Note II and was showing it to me when... it lagged, simply by swiping to the next screen on the desktop. Nexus 4 stutters like an old Storm under load (my Palm Pre 2 is smoother and faster). And goddess help you if you're using a Galaxy S II or another "year old" phone. Lag city that *might* get better with time (assuming you're lucky enough to even get the latest Android version, which many handsets will simply never see).

And crashes? Boy does my S III, a "modern 2012 phone," love crashing. It crashes when I sync work e-mail, when I open up the Citibank app, when I take "too many" photos, and when I browse with "too many tabs" open. Fortunately, since it's a work testing phone, I can return to my nice reliable HTC 8X for stable operation. The claim that Android is crash-free in 2012 is hilarious to this Android user.

My neighbor managed to crash her Galaxy S III (T-Mobile edition) so badly that it rebooted in a language other than English. Neither T-Mo nor Samsung have any idea how that happened (although it had her in tears).

Of course, all those problems will supposedly be "fixed in Android Key Lime Pie," just like it was supposed to be fixed in Android Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread, Froyo, �clair, etc. In Androidland, smooth, lag-free, crash-free operation is always "one release away." And will my work-issued S III ever get an update from ICS to even Jelly Bean, let alone Key Lime Pie? Remains to be seen.

I guess one could purchase the S IV or whatever HTC comes out with, and hope against hope that this time, for real, Android is truly fixed in Key Lime Pie... and that you're not getting a sixth broken promise in a row. But it seems risky to me.

Android is always a gamble.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    01-05-13 05:07 AM
89 1234