View Poll Results: Is your battery life better or worse with 10.3?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better

4 44.44%
  • Worse

3 33.33%
  • Roughly the same

2 22.22%
    The panoramic camera feature is also nice. A close friend of mine has an iPhone 5s and my Z10 10.3 OS and features makes his look like a toy. He couldn't believe all the new features that 10.3 unlocked on my Z10. It's like a hardware upgrade practically.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 09:37 AM
    In Houston,TX my local t mobile had the z10 early sign up wait list offer in late 2012 with mine finally being delivered on January 6th 2013.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 09:39 AM
    Could have sworn the Z10 launched at the end of January 2013. I ordered mine on the first day of launch in the UK and got it 2 days later on the 2nd February. But maybe the Alzheimers is kicking in early! ; )

Careful! Z10 in action!
    Launched Jan 30th 2013
    05-13-14 09:43 AM
    Hey Sith, just curious, how does one get a pre- release? As an avid "crackberrian" and advocate that I am (I think , I could totally handle a pre-release.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 09:50 AM
    The problem with posting Device Monitor pictures for the battery is it only gives you a snap shot at that given time. For example if you have just opened youtube it will considerably drop the battery but then once it's opened and settled and you play something the battery levels out, each time you make a change it alters the battery status sometimes considerably.

I think what the thing is here is not everyone has the same Apps, Settings, Device usage as others so it's impossible to compare or either confirm or deny the battery life is poor on the Z10 with any OS.

For example
    I have the following:
    BT - Disabled
    LTE - Disabled
    NFC - Disabled
    Location Based Ads - Disabled
    Data Traffic Collection - Disabled
    No Apps left open (Once I have used an App I close it using the X)

So you can probably draw the conclusion that with these off my battery life will improve considerable due to not having many background services/Apps running here.

Also as far as I know from the BlackBerry Developer site Adobe Air is not included with 10.3.1 onwards but it is part of the 10.3.0 OS.
    Having your settings correct for your application is important. I didn't know this so my battery was draining fast. I live where there is no internet except satellite so I have no wifi and I don't need mobil hot spot, and NFC nor am I using Bluetooth. If you leave the setting ON it keeps searching, so it uses up the battery. Why have NFC on all the time?

You most likely have a combination of things affecting your battery drain. These phone are way more complicated than you can imagine. I have spent hundreds of hours on here learning since last month, so unless you are a frequent visitor you might not find your answer the first time. People in here try to help each other but this forum is so big you might not get your help the first time.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 05-13-14 at 10:18 AM.
    vinniesworld likes this.
    05-13-14 09:59 AM
    Launched Jan 30th 2013
    Phew! No signs of dementia yet then! Yippee! Hehe! ; )

Careful! Z10 in action!
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    05-13-14 10:06 AM
    Hey Sith, just curious, how does one get a pre- release? As an avid "crackberrian" and advocate that I am (I think , I could totally handle a pre-release.

Posted via CB10
    Connections and where I work/what I do lol
    Mr4aces and Ecm like this.
    05-13-14 10:18 AM
    My 10.3 experience is less amazing.
    Attachment 269881

Posted via CB10
    But look what you have switched on, you got more icons than the Hollywood walk of fame :P
    05-13-14 01:50 PM
    But look what you have switched on, you got more icons than the Hollywood walk of fame :P
    Yeah but on the other hand I totally understand his point that he wants to actually USE the phone.
    05-13-14 02:19 PM
    Yeah but on the other hand I totally understand his point that he wants to actually USE the phone.
    But on the hand of the other hand, you can't try and keep using everything and expect battery to still be golden.

It's like this : your car promises 27mpg. You leave it idling while waiting for your spouse downstairs, that will drop... kick in the AC at speed 5... MPG will also drop.

Basically the more you ask it to do, the more you should expect a battery drain

Zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    05-13-14 02:33 PM
    But on the hand of the other hand, you can't try and keep using everything and expect battery to still be golden.

It's like this : your car promises 27mpg. You leave it idling while waiting for your spouse downstairs, that will drop... kick in the AC at speed 5... MPG will also drop.

That's true. But as of now when I use the z10 with light use and it still doesn't last half a day it simply is not up to the task for me.
    I hope 10.3 is better on battery but like I say we see this with every leak.
    Looking forward to when the actual update releases.

Hopefully it also contains much needed bug updates. Maybe my battery will last longer if I'm not constantly sorting out contacts lol

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    05-13-14 02:59 PM
    That's true. But as of now when I use the z10 with light use and it still doesn't last half a day it simply is not up to the task for me.
    I hope 10.3 is better on battery but like I say we see this with every leak.
    Looking forward to when the actual update releases.

Hopefully it also contains much needed bug updates. Maybe my battery will last longer if I'm not constantly sorting out contacts lol

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Mine heavy gets 6-12

05-13-14 04:21 PM
    If I could eventually get 8 hours consistently from this phone I guess I couldn't complain any further lol. I already sacrifice enough just to get this phone to last as little as it does so hopefully 10.3 does better

Posted via CB10
    darkehawke likes this.
    05-13-14 05:21 PM
    Normally don't let my Z10 go as low as this, but for the sake of science I got nearly 17 hrs on my Z10 battery with moderate to high usage today. Normal average for me per day is between 14 to 16 hours to get down to between 20 to 10% level when I normally start to recharge it again. The Z10 was fully finished charging at 12:15am, and ran down to nearly empty by 7pm.

So if 10.3 makes the battery life even better I will be one happy camper.

BB 10.3 has solved my Z10 battery issues!-img_20140513_231051.png

Careful! Z10 in action!
    05-13-14 05:22 PM
    I will concede that the Z10 battery should have been bigger, maybe more investment needed to go in to the testing of the Z10 before release, who knows.
    6-12hrs heavy use a reasonable ask for a battery this size and I would even go as far as to say heavy use 4hrs at worse.

I like the car MPG comparison as it is a good representation of a phone battery and even that of a laptop really, a laptop manufacturer will use tests like PC Mark/Mobile Mark etc to do a battery drain test under optimal conditions. Things like altitude, temperature, conditions will all affect a battery.

The only tip I can give is if your not using something turn it off. If your not transferring over Bluetooth or using NFC, turn it off. Not using WIFI, turn that off. If your carrier doesn't provide 4G or your not in a 4G area switch to 3G/2G (for those not using an STL100-1 )
    Also if your not around the PC that you have Blackberry Link installed on or are not using it, switch it off in the Settings so it doesn't constantly scan to find your attached computer. It uses a lot of juice.
    Drop that screen brightness down to 50% rather than having it on full beam, turn off Data Collection and location based ads.

I know it seems like your cheating yourself out of a phone and features but not everyone will use everything at the same time. It does work but as I say again the battery on the Z10 could have been bigger but there are ways to optimise that little juice you do have.
    05-13-14 06:14 PM
    Hi, what is that icon to the right of the bluetooth icon?

Z10 10.2.1.2141
    Bridge?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 08:30 PM
    Yes, I like to listen to Lawrence Krauss you tube lectures at night. I usually can listen for an hour before I fall asleep but the clips continue to play one after another. I slept just about 8 hours and when I woke up the clips were still playing and I had 20% battery life left. I was shocked but pleasantly so.
    Hmmm subliminal Krauss lecture studies, eh? Might be worth checking this out....

Flicked out via Zed10
    05-14-14 07:20 PM

8 hours average on mine, even when on WiFi in the afternoon/evening. If off WiFi best I will get is 6.
    05-14-14 07:23 PM
    Hi, what is that icon to the right of the bluetooth icon?

Z10 10.2.1.2141
    I believe is internet thetering

My awesome Z30 just impressed you again!
    05-14-14 10:25 PM
    Hi all, did anyone notice watermark in the new leaked OS?
    I can't see rotation lock menu as well...
    I downloaded 10.3.0.296 from bbin.in website.

Pls advice whether the Crackberry leaked OS. Source is good or not?

So far I am happy with the experience in 10.3
    Awesome new features, love it.
    I think there is few things they have to take care like alignment of search option with blue background color.

Posted via CB10 on my z10
    05-15-14 12:10 AM
70 123