Is it just me but I am constantly amazed at the lack of progress in battery technology. All other aspect of our beloved devices are constantly improving (screen, memory, processor) but battery life continues to be an issue (only reports of the 9700 seem promising).

Just look at how many blog posts there are regarding battery issues.

I hate the fact that I am consistently trying to manage my device to preserve battery life. On my 9630, there are programs that I cannot use because they cause too much battery drain (ex: reQall). I'm always aware of how many apps I am currently runnings.

It should not be in with Today's technology, that my device - if used the way I really want to -- can not last a complete day (from morning till bedtime).

It makes me mad that I even have to consider buying an extended battery or looking longlingly about shelling our $75 for the casemate fuel holster.

COME ON RIM -- PLEASE TAKE THE LEAD AND MAKE A BATTERY AND A DEVICE THAT WILL LAST FOR 2-3 DAYS
    02-11-10 11:20 AM
    It's a shame that if I leave my car running 24/7, the gas tank won't last a week.

For most of us, the BB will last days. If you want to have data consuming apps running in the background, it will use more power. Right now, that's the best battery technlogy available. It's not RIM's fault. Out of the box, these phones will last 4-5 days on standby. With my average use, mine will last about 2 days, 1 if I'm in my basement with a crappy signal.
    02-11-10 11:32 AM
    i have a tour 9630 and its about 20% loss per hour... i hate it; my Macbook pro lasts longer.
    02-11-10 11:41 AM
    Batteries have made LEAPS and Bounds over the past few years.

I'm really shocked that someone actually posted this.

I want faster processor, a optic track pad, better screen Wi-fi, BlueTooth 3G radio Technology.... And a battery to handle it. I see you point but picture this, the harder you push the gas pedal, the faster you fuel gets consumed.

Put a modern (technology) battery in a phone of yesteryear and see how long it last.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD