i placed my bb 9300 on the charger, when i got up the screen was showing a battery with a red X through it. what is the cause for this and how can it be fixed?
    09-11-11 11:08 PM
    I sent you a PM because you PM'd me the same thing you posted here...

Ill just copy what I wrote there so everyone can see.

Try this: pull the battery and set it aside. Plug the phone into the charger. This will illuminate the red light. Wait for the red light to shut off and the no battery symbol to come up. Once you see this put the battery back into the phone. Let the phone charge all the way. (Its best to do this process at night so it has all night to charge). Once it is completely full the phone should turn on.

If that doesnt work let me know so I can maybe further help you!
    09-11-11 11:39 PM
    I hope shannydoll doesnt mind but I would like to post the PMs we sent to each other so if other people have this problem they may find this thread and try to fix the problem. I wish the best for anybody who is experiencing this and hopefully they are able to fix their phone!

HEY, I TRIED YOUR SUGGESTION BUT TO NO AVAIL. THE BATTERY SIGN WITH THE RED X IS STILL ON THE SCREEN.

Well I hate to say it, but, the battery symbol with the red X through it your seeing on screen means that the phone isnt recognizing a charge from the battery. So this could mean one of three things.

#1, Your battery has no charge and is completely depleted of power. But like you said you charged it plenty and it still didnt spring to life. You can continue to charge it for the next few days as Ive seen batteries take a few days to start to hold a charge once again. However I dont think this is your problem.

#2 The battery is defective. This is more likely, I would try using another battery to make sure it isnt the battery in your phone that is the culprit. Try not to run cell phone batteries right until they are completely dead as this can kill a battery for good.

#3 If the other two dont work for you then this is the only other thing it could be. No exceptions. There is something wrong with the phone internally where it isnt able to recognize a battery charge. The only option to fix this is to buy a new phone. You could try taking it to a cell phone repair shop, but everybody I've seen that has had this problem the shop didnt know how to fix the problem.

So Im very sorry that your experiencing problems with your phone, but theres nothing else I can do. Once again Im very sorry I couldnt help more.

Take Care and I hope all goes well with you!
    EDIT: OOPS! Sorry guys and gals! I meant to add this to my last post, I didnt want to needlessly bump the thread when I didnt have to.... Not to mention I double posted! SORRY!
    Last edited by DannyJK; 09-12-11 at 04:20 PM.
    09-12-11 04:16 PM
    I have purchased HTC wildfire 4 months back, i am facing lot of problem with this mobile in case of battery backup. Can anybody tell me what is the problem? Thanks in advance.
    09-13-11 02:48 AM
    I have purchased HTC wildfire 4 months back, i am facing lot of problem with this mobile in case of battery backup. Can anybody tell me what is the problem? Thanks in advance.
    "in case of battery backup" What does that mean? In case it dies and you're out then what do you do? In case the battery fries the phone?

As for the OP, adding into the other poster's #3

Take it into a store and have them try to charge your battery in a different phone. If the battery charges, you've got a bad phone. If you're under warranty, request a warranty swap then you'll get a free one.
    09-13-11 08:58 AM
    Even i was having some problem. Thanks for sharing useful information.
    Last edited by organogold123; 09-16-11 at 02:12 AM.
    09-16-11 02:10 AM
    Initially i faced this issue too but after upgrading the phone's eclair os to latest 2.3 gingerbread through update the battery issues got eradicated all of sudden. Most often the apps remain active in the background even after closing them which constantly utilize the phone's processor by hogging maximum battery. Moreover the usage factor plays a role in battery's consumption as well. However after an update my phone provides battery back up for almost 15 hrs after using it for gaming and web browsing daily. But to those who don't wish to upgrade can simply download an app called juice defender from app market for and it will take care of unwanted processes running in the background just like a task manager.
    Last edited by jeh77; 09-30-11 at 11:18 PM. Reason: typo..
    09-30-11 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD