Does anyone know what it means when your BB screen shows a battery with A red line through it and you can't get it to turn on? Does that mean I just need a new battery or what?
    08-16-09 07:49 PM
    Either the battery is incorrect for the phone, it needs to be
    charged or it is dead.
    08-16-09 08:28 PM
    If it doesn't turn on I would guess the battery is dead. If the battery was incorrect the phone wouldn't turn on at all, right?
    08-16-09 08:34 PM
    What does it do when you plug the charger in?
    08-16-09 08:44 PM
    If it doesn't turn on I would guess the battery is dead. If the battery was incorrect the phone wouldn't turn on at all, right?
    Not quite. If I put a Pearl battery in a Curve, it will power on but display the
    same icon the OP is seeing. It won't go past that point however.
    08-16-09 08:49 PM
    Not quite. If I put a Pearl battery in a Curve, it will power on but display the
    same icon the OP is seeing. It won't go past that point however.
    Thank you for pointing that out. I learn something new everyday on here!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 08:54 PM
    The berry is getting the wrong voltage/amps whatever measurement that's tripping it. It's what I was worried that I'd see when I checked a storm battery in the tour, but they're exactly the same, so no issues.
    08-16-09 09:12 PM
    try charging your phone.
    08-16-09 09:17 PM
    You will see that if the battery is completely dead. After it charges for a while, you'll see the normal battery icon on the home page with the lightning bolt through it.

It is not a good idea to let the battery go completely dead. It will need to be replaced sooner if that happens a lot.
    08-16-09 10:14 PM
    You will see that if the battery is completely dead. After it charges for a while, you'll see the normal battery icon on the home page with the lightning bolt through it.

It is not a good idea to let the battery go completely dead. It will need to be replaced sooner if that happens a lot.
    That's a very important point about new age lithium-ion batteries! They need to be charged often to work longer opposed to letting them die and charge all the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 04:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD