This is what the 15 day, less than 30 minutes talk time guarantee is for, (see http://www.rogers.com/web/content/su...s/store-policy).

No matter how hard any manufacturer tries, they will have items that will have issues.

This is why car recalls exist, patches are available... need I go on.

I am sorry that your purchase didn't work out. Some people buy a product that works good until the warranty expires. Then suddenly, all h*** breaks loose!
    08-16-11 02:02 PM
    I would not say its the norm all the other devices on the market are not with out there problems the iphone 4 and 3GS (testing for work) I had required a lot of hard resets from holding the power and home buttons in I had them both for around a month and the desire I had for a week (again testing for work) needed a battery pull every now and again so to be honest all phones require a reset, battery pull at times no matter what OS its running

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    I guess I just have somewhat of a bias because I've been using iPhone for almost two years and a BlackBerry for a month in that time and I never have issues with my iPhone but when I had the Torch that thing had a ton of issues. Plus being on this site as much as I am, I see a lot of posts about people having issues with their BlackBerry device.
    08-16-11 02:06 PM
    I guess I just have somewhat of a bias because I've been using iPhone for almost two years and a BlackBerry for a month in that time and I never have issues with my iPhone but when I had the Torch that thing had a ton of issues. Plus being on this site as much as I am, I see a lot of posts about people having issues with their BlackBerry device.
    Of course you're going to see a lot of BB users with issues on this site. This the first place a lot of people go to get help when they have a problem. On the other hand, you're not very likely to see people post that they had no issues with their phone today, nor are you likely to see many Android or iPhone users come here looking for help. For the record, I've had no issues with my Torch in 11 months. I've kept up with almost every leaked OS, and only one I backed out to an earlier version. In all that time I can count on one hand the number of battery pulls that were not the result of an OS upgrade or removal of an app. While some of the issues you read about may be common among BBs with issues, they are certainly not the norm for all BBs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-16-11 03:28 PM
    Are you kidding? It software not a set of new bearings! Since when does software have to warm up?

LMAO

I can't believe some of the excuses I read. :facepalm: Fanboy.
    08-16-11 03:43 PM
    Yeah. Wow. Bad device I guess. Maybe someone had screwed with it at some point.
    Screwed with it? It came NEW right out of the box. It wasn't a refurb.
    08-17-11 07:21 AM
    We have about 85 to 100 BB's in our office and on the road. My receptionist constantly gets calls from staff who's BB has frozen or won't charge or battery dies after 20 minutes of use. I'm not sure how many times I hear her say PULL OUT THE BATTERY! I'm not a BB hater but I have seen a significant decline in quality and reliability over the past 3 years. BB needs to start sourcing North American parts again.
    08-17-11 07:30 AM
    Are you kidding? It software not a set of new bearings! Since when does software have to warm up?
    Shows, you have no idea of software!

Does hardware change? Beside battery - no - It's all about software!
    08-17-11 07:32 AM
    This is what the 15 day, less than 30 minutes talk time guarantee is for, (see http://www.rogers.com/web/content/su...s/store-policy).

No matter how hard any manufacturer tries, they will have items that will have issues.

This is why car recalls exist, patches are available... need I go on.

I am sorry that your purchase didn't work out. Some people buy a product that works good until the warranty expires. Then suddenly, all h*** breaks loose!
    Imagine being a BB retailer. The BB device comes out surrounded by all the excitement and marketing hype and the retailer can't keep them in stock because of high demand. Then 3 weeks later you've got a line up of pi$$ed off people trying to return their devices.

This is why I didn't walk out of the mall with it. I was able to show the store rep the problem and walk away. I went back to the store yesterday to see about a new BOLD or 9850/9860. She said wait awhile and watch the "Crackberry" forums then choose a device. Wise advise!!
    08-17-11 07:51 AM
    Shows, you have no idea of software!

Does hardware change? Beside battery - no - It's all about software!
    Your right the software is crap. Maybe BB can design a device that has a battery that slides out like a keyboard. "Battery Pull" needs to be made more convenient.
    08-17-11 08:03 AM
    LMAO

I can't believe some of the excuses I read. :facepalm: Fanboy.
    You've obviously never owned a BB, and if you have, you've never upgraded the OS. It is fairly common knowledge that new BBOS installations require 2-3 cold boots to 'settle in'. I have no idea why, but I've seen hard evidence of it first-hand ... some things just don't work right until it's been rebooted a few times.

Not an excuse -- a fact.

08-17-11 09:06 AM
    It may be a fact but that was a brand new fone why should you wait unreal some folk

08-17-11 03:04 PM
    Don't worry the next patch will fix it right up LOL
    08-17-11 03:05 PM
    Well I came back to see how os7 was working out and maybe dive back into BB land. After reading that battery pulls and freezes it brought back memories. Absolutely ridiculous.
    08-17-11 05:23 PM
    you should have traded it. not many people have made complaints about this phone and reviews have been positive
    08-18-11 08:59 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD