How long does it take to reset?
    Just did it. Took about 1.5 minutes start to finish.
    12-19-08 07:21 PM
    Thanks for this post! I actually broke my hard case by taking it on and off for battery pulls...off to download quick pull
    12-19-08 09:10 PM
    Quick Pull is less than 22000 bytes. You won't even know you have it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 10:37 PM
    Do a hard reset, instead. Alt+Rshift+Delete, and as soon as the white screen appears do it again. That does essentially the same thing.
    What you are describing is actually what many BlackBerry users call a "soft reset" of "double soft reset."

Alt + R. Shift + Del = Soft reset
    Battery Pull = Hard Reset
    Device Wipe = Full Reset

I see others have said something similar.
    12-19-08 11:17 PM
    What you are describing is actually what many BlackBerry users call a "soft reset" of "double soft reset."

Alt + R. Shift + Del = Soft reset
    Battery Pull = Hard Reset
    Device Wipe = Full Reset

I see others have said something similar.
    Heh. And, as I have already said, other users describe them differently--the ones who made their early impressions on me. It's obvious there are different schools of thought in how to term some of these operations. No need to get wrapped around the axle on semantics. As I suggested, perhaps a "standard dictionary" could end up as part of the 101 series, in case semantics cause confusion.
    12-20-08 08:42 AM
    Thanks for this post! I actually broke my hard case by taking it on and off for battery pulls...off to download quick pull
    I did too...that's why I got excited when I saw there was a program for it.
    12-20-08 08:46 AM
    I've had my 8330 for six months and only had to pull my battery two or three times. So settle down and enjoy your 8330 when you get it.
    Merry Christmas everybody

12-20-08 08:57 AM
    With all the kudos for QuickPull, I decided to install it and give it a try even though I'm philosophically opposed to burning memory on apps that simply duplicate things the BB can already do. Very nice little app, that performs as advertized. I was taken aback by what looked to be an error screen when I told it Yes, instead of the BB just resetting like I expected, but a second command to Reboot Now and it went to work. I still think it more convenient to deliver the Double Three Finger Salute than to go to my main screen (from the one that only shows six icons), then find the app, then click it, then answer two prompts--but that's just me.
    12-20-08 09:16 AM
    And that is fine, but some your way is arkward and for some of us, we don't have that option. I know op said curve, but this is in a general forum and the op did ask for options.

12-20-08 10:03 AM
    And that is fine, but some your way is arkward and for some of us, we don't have that option. I know op said curve, but this is in a general forum and the op did ask for options.
    Sorry, didn't mean to sound so dismissive. As I said, it's a good little app that performs its intended purpose well.
    12-20-08 10:08 AM
    Could someone please post the link to download the quick pull? I've been trying to search for it and can't find it. Thanks!
    12-20-08 06:02 PM
    From your BB go to

BerryReview MobileStore

Spinny, sorry if I sounded rude. I am not having the best day.

12-20-08 06:12 PM
    QuickPull: QuickPull - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

You might also want check out:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

You will probably need to use IE for the blackberry.com downloads, I never get it to work right using Firefox.
    12-20-08 06:50 PM
    Thanks again!
    12-21-08 12:45 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD