I was having problems with my phone the day after I got it so I took it back to the AT&T store, basically I just needed a battery pull. The guy told me that when things start acting up to try a pull. My question is should i do this only when I have problems or like once a day?
    12-30-10 12:51 AM
    Just do it when you experience some issues. Otherwise it doesn't really do anything unless you have some memory leak issues as well
    12-30-10 12:52 AM
    it doesnt matter. some people only do it when needed, others do it on a daily basis just to start fresh.
    12-30-10 12:53 AM
    My Tour a=is at the point now working great as always since day 1 and I am not making this up I only do a reboot to retrieve Memory loss maybe one time a week.
    12-30-10 07:26 AM
    It all depends on what you prefer I choose to only do a battery pull if my device is acting up. With my Curve 8330 I would do a batt pull once every 1-1/2 to 2 wks, whereas when I upgraded to my Bold 9650 on Dec.16th, aft I set everything up that day I did a batt pull and haven't needed one since.
    So its all in preference

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 08:02 AM
    I only do battery pulls if the phone is acting up otherwise no need. I don't usually have to anyway.

12-30-10 10:37 AM
    I have Quickpull do a "battery pull" every morning just so I can start fresh.
    12-30-10 10:42 AM
    I. Have dereset app.

12-30-10 11:25 AM
    I use meterberry, i have it set to reboot my phone every am at 430 due to memory leak on os 6
    12-30-10 11:50 AM
    When in doubt, pull it out. Almost always fixes the problem.
    12-30-10 11:51 AM
    I do a battery pull whenever I feel it is necessary. Not a MUST for every day but yeah, just in times of need
    12-30-10 12:18 PM
    I have a second battery for my Bold 9650 sitting in a charger. Any seasoned smartphone user will tell you that having a second battery can be a life saver if you use your device a lot - especially when travelling.

Typically, when the battery in my device is getting very low (10-15% remaining), I just swap out the battery for the fully charged battery. Unfortunately, I then have to wait the 6-7 minutes for my device to boot back up, but at least I am not tied to a charging unit and I have a 100% charged device. Continually swapping the batteries keeps them fairly similar in terms of wear and tear - life expectancy.

At the same time, I am benefiting from a "battery pull" at the same time - it's resolving any potential memory issues I may be having and not even noticing. Just remember, kkfasho, when you do a battery pull try and wait about 25-30 seconds before re-inserting the battery. This will ensure a proper discharge of memory.
    12-30-10 12:21 PM
    On my Tour, I used to do one almost every day, given the lesser memory and OS bugginess.

But on my Bold, I generally only do a BP when it appears necessary, or after installing an app/theme.....
    12-30-10 12:37 PM
    On my 8830 I had to do a battery pull at least 2-3 times a day, on my 8330 about once every two days. Now on my 3G only about once every week or two.

It is amazing how all the issues go away just by pulling a battery.
    12-30-10 12:55 PM
    For the longest time the only time I reset my phone (keyboard, software or physical
    battery pull) is when an app install / uninstall, OS upgrade / reinstall calls for it, or
    when swapping out batteries. This goes as far back as the Pearl 8100.

Any other scheduled or regular battery pulls are unnecessary under normal conditions
    and merely provide a false sense that one is actually accomplishing something
    helpful to the device.
    12-30-10 03:02 PM
    I use to do a battery pull once a day when I had my 9000 due to memory leaks causing my device to lock up sometimes. The 9000 also did not have as much memory as current BBs do. If anything, download quickpull and set it to reset the device while you are sleeping.

Battery pulls should not be needed though on newer devices.
    12-30-10 03:05 PM
    For the longest time the only time I reset my phone (keyboard, software or physical
    battery pull) is when an app install / uninstall, OS upgrade / reinstall calls for it, or
    when swapping out batteries. This goes as far back as the Pearl 8100.

Any other scheduled or regular battery pulls are unnecessary under normal conditions
    and merely provide a false sense that one is actually accomplishing something
    helpful to the device.
    I agree with this statement. I pull when I need to, specifically after downloading a theme, deleting an app or downloading a new app.
    12-30-10 03:06 PM
    I use to do a battery pull once a day when I had my 9000 due to memory leaks causing my device to lock up sometimes. The 9000 also did not have as much memory as current BBs do. If anything, download quickpull and set it to reset the device while you are sleeping.

Battery pulls should not be needed though on newer devices.
    Even on the older devices they are unnecessary. Follow me for a sec.

You have, say, an 8310 and it has a memory leak. To solve this you install QP and
    set it to tun once a day to recover the "leaked" memory. The next day the
    "leak" remains so QP is again used to recover the memory. Seems to me that
    that is way less productive than figuring out what is causing the leak in the
    first place.

Even with my Pearl 8100 and Curve 8310 (both with over 30 apps installed)
    I could go months (2+) without a single battery pull or reset of any kind.
    12-30-10 03:17 PM

You have, say, an 8310 and it has a memory leak. To solve this you install QP and
    first place.

I understand what you are saying. I just liked all the apps I had and was use to them so I never bothered trying to figure out which app was causing the leak. Some builds for the 9000s in general just use to leak memory like crazy. I remember some of the orignal OS 5 builds coming out and I didn't even have apps at that point and I would lose memory like crazy just being completely stock. Quickpull was easy because you can just "set it and forget it". Once more stable builds of OS5 came out I only reset my BB when I deleted an app or for a theme.
    12-30-10 03:23 PM
    Yeah you have a point there. I remember some of the early OS 5s for the 8310
    being extremely problematic. I usually took the downgrade path to correct that.

Most of the newer OSs though I find to be quite solid and "leak" free but then again
    I don't obsess over memory the way I did in the beginning.
    12-30-10 03:34 PM

first place.

The thing is a lot of the newer social apps are what cause a lot of the memory leak, so it's either get rid of them or do a battery pull more often.
    12-30-10 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD