This may be a dumb question. But I'm knew to the bb world, would some explain to me exactly what does a battery pull do? It seems to be the suggestion to fix many problems with the phone. Thanks in advance.
    04-19-09 04:09 PM
    It's not a dumb question, I'm new to BB myself, and recently stumbled across this forum about battery pulls: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/wtf...-hunger-43060/
    04-19-09 04:15 PM
    Its a reset of your device if you are experiencing problems or want free up memory on you device. Its often the first step in trouble shooting a problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 04:16 PM
    04-19-09 06:05 PM
    You can also use Soft Reset but I prefer QuickPull myself.

04-19-09 06:28 PM
    I don't trust QuickPull to do the exact same thing as a battery pull. I do a battery pull once a day, no matter what.

I wouldn't leave my computer on without shutting it down or resetting it for days. So I won't do that with a Blackberry.
    04-19-09 06:36 PM
    All computers have a power on start-up. In BlackBerry case, it does a through cleaning of the memory by purging caches and temporary files.

A fresh start, just the way the geeks at BlackBerry planned it.

I am conducting some stress testing, my fully active Pearl is working on maxing out the time up counter.

Memory management is in the hands of the experts.
    04-19-09 07:12 PM
    What's the difference between the Quick Pull and Soft Reset applications?
    04-19-09 07:16 PM
    Nothing. Its just a way of physically taking the battery out and doing it via software or simulate the reset.

04-19-09 07:31 PM
    Nothing. Its just a way of physically taking the battery out and doing it via software or simulate the reset.

That's what I thought ... it made me wonder how someone could prefer one over the other. Thanks.
    04-19-09 07:34 PM
    Definately download QuickPull. It's a terrific app, I use it just about everyday.
    04-19-09 07:38 PM
    The QuickPull app allows you to set scheduled resets which soft reset doesn't allow you to do. That is one of the reasons while I use QuickPull but others like soft reset better for their own reasons.

04-19-09 07:54 PM
    All computers have a power on start-up. In BlackBerry case, it does a through cleaning of the memory by purging caches and temporary files.

A fresh start, just the way the geeks at BlackBerry planned it.

I am conducting some stress testing, my fully active Pearl is working on maxing out the time up counter.

Memory management is in the hands of the experts.
    it couldn't have been said any better ...
    and plus it does a heck of a job when ya berry wants to act up
    04-19-09 07:56 PM
    Seriously though...is running quickpull EXACTLY the same as a battery pull. That's the only reason I haven't gotten quickpull....because I thought nothing mimiced the actual removal of the battery

04-19-09 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD