Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever experienced this where the batter meter stays at 100% after a full charge and never decreases? This happens to me a lot on my 9700. I have to do a battery pull to get the meter to show the true reading.

I have meterberry too and that stays stuck at 100% as well.

Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it?

On a side note, I guess it would be good to understand how the BB measures the battery level.
    07-02-10 05:50 PM
    Did you update your OS yet?
    Last edited by blazed12; 07-02-10 at 08:06 PM.
    07-02-10 08:03 PM
    Wow...maybe you lucked out and have the "Never Ending Battery?" ha...don't we all wish.

Seriously though, your BB will show battery drain in 5% increments. MeterBerry shows in 1% increments. Is just the icon stuck on 100% or the readout as well? This is a new one to me.
    07-02-10 08:06 PM
    Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever experienced this where the batter meter stays at 100% after a full charge and never decreases? This happens to me a lot on my 9700. I have to do a battery pull to get the meter to show the true reading.

I have meterberry too and that stays stuck at 100% as well.

Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it?

On a side note, I guess it would be good to understand how the BB measures the battery level.
    I've only had my phone a few weeks and this just happened to me as well. The phone just died and it took me a minute to figure out why as it was showing a full battery bar right before. I'm not sure why it does it but I have the 9700 as well so I'd guess it is a phone problem and not a battery problem. Anyone?
    07-02-10 08:20 PM
    Which OS do you have? Try replacing it, maybe wiping the phone?
    07-02-10 10:41 PM
    Wow...maybe you lucked out and have the "Never Ending Battery?" ha...don't we all wish.

Seriously though, your BB will show battery drain in 5% increments. MeterBerry shows in 1% increments. Is just the icon stuck on 100% or the readout as well? This is a new one to me.
    The readout and icon stuck on 100%. I have OS 5.0.0.602 from AT&T. I have switched between different OS's over time though and this was an issue with all of them.

Weird that this is only happening to me. Generally problems I have with my BB are problems many folks are having.

Oh well!
    07-07-10 01:28 PM
    Could it be related to a non OEM theme?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 04:11 PM
    Could it be related to a non OEM theme?

I use the stock theme .

The only thing I can do now is not charge to 100%. As long as I don't charge to 100% it is fine.

Oh well!
    07-09-10 01:51 PM
    Do you have a backup from before this started? You could restore it to an earlier time.

07-09-10 08:36 PM
    HA! I just had the same problem. It's happened at least twice before already but I didn't pay it any mind, just did a battery pull. I did notice that this never happened while running the stock OS from AT&T (.405 or whatever it was). The first time it happened I remember charging my phone b/c the battery was around 40% using a car charger and within a matter of 15 - 20 minutes, my meter read 100%. Again, not paying it any attention I used the phone heavily for about an hour and noticed that the battery meter hadn't budged so i did a battery pull only to notice that once the phone rebooted, my battery was actually at 30%. The incident happened again tonight while on the car charger jumping from 20% to 100% in a matter of 2 minutes. Only solution is a battery pull. (I'm currently running .602)
    07-24-10 03:29 AM
    press alt+nnmll

the signal bars will change to numerical value.

if its also 100% then its a problem .

wipe your device.
    07-24-10 04:52 AM
    press alt+nnmll

the signal bars will change to numerical value.

if its also 100% then its a problem .

wipe your device.

The theme I currently use already has the battery power in numerical % view. I also use the "Device Information" in Quicklaunch to see my battery reading sometimes and it also stays at 100%. I thought maybe it was my theme causing the issue but as the poster announced, he's using a stock theme and is having the issue.

07-24-10 09:14 AM
    I hope you have tried changing the battery, using the stock theme may resolve the issue for you, if problem persists show your phone to a technician.
    07-27-10 09:37 AM
    I personally haven't tried another battery and I'm almost positive its not the theme. ml001277 mentioned using the stock theme and experiencing the same prob. I've only noticed this issue when plugging the phone via the car charger, it just so happens that last night plugging my phone into this very charger caused my device to reboot twice which was odd 4:-/
    07-27-10 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD