Hello CrackBerry community, you guys have helped me out with many problems I have had. So now its time for me to ask (wooohooo)

My curve 8320 is getting kind of old...one day the battery became too drained and shut off so I figured 'oh just need a new battery.' So my friend used to have an 8320 also, so I used his and I put it in and it says it's also drained...got a new battery and it says its drained... any help? Really don't want to get a new phone
    07-10-10 12:38 AM
    Define drained? Do you mean it don't hold a charge?
    07-10-10 12:45 AM
    Right when the hourglass gets off the screen, before I can do anything the BB says "battery drained. Handheld shutting off." Than turns off
    07-10-10 12:51 AM
    Three batteries later I'd think of the phone as the most likely problem. It could be
    something as simple as dirty contacts (clean with a pencil eraser), something more
    complicated like broken contacts or the phone may just be telling you it's about
    to give up the ghost.

Has it ever been dropped, any other physical or water damage?
    07-10-10 01:21 AM
    I've tried cleaning the contacts, poo well it was a good run I guess... I have a blackberry pearl that I'm going to get unlocked I guess
    07-10-10 01:25 AM
    how does unlocking help? :?
    07-10-10 10:37 AM
    how does unlocking help? :?
    The battery issue the OP is having is on an 8320.
    He has decided the phone is dead and will unlock and use a Pearl he has for now.
    07-10-10 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD