For most of us, it's well known ... but many aren't aware of these basic features.
    So ... as a reminder :

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqIIyCS4yE4[/YT]

Last edited by BigBadWulf; 04-11-12 at 08:39 AM. Reason: sharing is caring
    ekv likes this.
    04-11-12 08:09 AM
    For most of us, it's well known ... but many aren't aware of these basic features.
    So ... as a reminder :
    Thanks , and I too have a simple and efficient idea for RIM..

"When you increase the processor and display, design a bigger battery. Not smaller"

04-11-12 09:43 AM
    Thanks , and I too have a simple and efficient idea for RIM..

"When you increase the processor and display, design a bigger battery. Not smaller"

did you install 7.1.0267 (or more) Os ?
    Maybe you should give it a try

Then, the statement you made about processor is not really adequate, since processors gain in energy saving capability every time they upgrade. The model is more likely "more power for less (or equal) power".
    04-11-12 10:35 AM
    did you install 7.1.0267 (or more) Os ?
    Maybe you should give it a try

Then, the statement you made about processor is not really adequate, since processors gain in energy saving capability every time they upgrade. The model is more likely "more power for less (or equal) power".

I am on .342. I used to get a week on my 9700 (which now I miss very much). Surely the energy consumption needed for the 9700 processor must be less then the 1ghz plus 9900.

I am also pretty much inclined to say, its the damn good display more than the processor.

I guess you cant have both a good display and a good battery. Perhaps there should be an user tunable option of underclocking my cpu. Just as easily I can reduce the brightness.

Will increase it whn I need it. There may be 3rd party apps for this in other platforms. Would be nice if we have it inbuilt in the os.

Something like a "sports" mode in a super car, which pumps more horses when required or the different drive modes of a Land Rover

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ekv; 04-11-12 at 11:05 AM. Reason: typo
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-11-12 11:03 AM
    I dont think you can ever really close the browser on an OS7 BlackBerry it's always open in the background.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-11-12 01:13 PM
    I dont think you can ever really close the browser on an OS7 BlackBerry it's always open in the background.
    Yep, noticed that also on my 9900 ...
    04-11-12 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD