I have Z10 and the battery life isn't great .I don't know about the iPhone 6 but I have lots of friends other iPhones and they all complain about the battery life in their phones but it only takes a few seconds to switch in a spare battery right? Or not.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 06:53 PM
    what were you getting before 10.3? just wondering if it was the update that made the difference. On my Z10 I am doing well if i can get a day out of it, much less if I play candy crush for a few minutes
    09-21-14 07:46 PM
    Airdrop, unfortunately, isn't cross-platform. Just like iMessage.
    However, there's an alternative called Qikshare, it works between iPhone, Android, PC and Linux. BlackBerry and Windows aren't in party for this. Skydrive works on all platforms. Isn't there a recommendation against using the same SD card between different platforms though?

Posted via CB10
    I have experienced very few problems swapping my SD card into an android phone from a BlackBerry. One problem I have had though is music has disappeared on my samsung tab just in play music but an easy fix seems to be to pop the SD card into my Z10. The other options you suggested, do they work the same as air drop or do they use data? I read a little about air drop just to see if it uses any data and found out it apparently doesn't. If you need to use data to share files that doesn't seem very ideal unless you are a phone carrier. It would just be nice to have more options and Apple sure charges enough for their devices that there shouldn't be any limits in this regard.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 07:13 AM
    I need 3 batteries on my Z10, to make it through a business day.
    Therefore, I carry 2 spare batteries with me.

The average time i get on one battery is 5 hours.
    And this is with GPS, 4G, Bluetooth and NFC turned off.

I honestly have no idea how people can use their Z10, and get more than 8 hours out of one battery.
    It's a mystery to me, and good battery life on the Z10, is a myth going by my experience.
    While I don't call the Z10 battery life good, yours seems especially bad. I can usually get 6 or 7 hours with LTE on and go morning to evening if it's connecting to Wifi. Still not great, but better than what you experience

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende and anon(5769508) like this.
    09-22-14 08:04 AM
    I wonder what the folks getting 4hr out of a z10 battery actually do with their phones? The only time I have experienced seriously bad battery life was when I used my phone for a hot spot and was streaming video on my computer. There are also people like real estate agents the have a habit of spending 49 min of every hour on the phone. Anyway, the 9900 battery sucked too and nobody complains about that.

Posted via CB10
    silversmith75 likes this.
    09-22-14 08:42 AM
    Are you sure about that?

I read an iPhone6 teardown review the other day and I'm sure they mentioned a battery of 2915mAh... which is pretty meaty, and far bigger than the 1800mAh (iirc) in the Z10.
    6+ has a 2915mah battery. The regular 6 has a 1810 mah battery

Posted via CB10
    lift, JeepBB and TGR1 like this.
    09-22-14 09:06 AM
    I wonder what the folks getting 4hr out of a z10 battery actually do with their phones? The only time I have experienced seriously bad battery life was when I used my phone for a hot spot and was streaming video on my computer. There are also people like real estate agents the have a habit of spending 49 min of every hour on the phone. Anyway, the 9900 battery sucked too and nobody complains about that.

Posted via CB10
    Actually people did complain about the 9900 battery. That's why I don't understand why the sentiment around BB's having terrific battery life has maintained. When LTE came into play and people weren't just working off of edge or 3G then BB's took a serious hit in battery life as BB tried to make them thinner. That was my biggest complaint about the 9900 (well that and the terrible camera) which is why I was surprised that the "known for its battery life" on BB phones stuck around. I also have the Z30 and while its battery life is better, I've never gotten the otherworldly battery that people claim on that phone either. I think its definitely better, but I don't think its some magical battery tech that has changed the face of smartphone batteries. Of course that's just my opinion but I've never more than a work day out of it.
    kbz1960, pantlesspenguin and Rello like this.
    09-22-14 09:19 AM
    Battery life is very good with the Iphone 6/6plus. Not surprised the Plus has great battery life, its humongous but the 6 with a tiny 1810 mAh battery relative to size is also good.
    Battery life: BlackBerry Z10 vs iPhone 6-7pvt6pz.png
    boeingrules likes this.
    09-22-14 11:03 AM
    Actually people did complain about the 9900 battery. That's why I don't understand why the sentiment around BB's having terrific battery life has maintained. When LTE came into play and people weren't just working off of edge or 3G then BB's took a serious hit in battery life as BB tried to make them thinner. That was my biggest complaint about the 9900 (well that and the terrible camera) which is why I was surprised that the "known for its battery life" on BB phones stuck around. I also have the Z30 and while its battery life is better, I've never gotten the otherworldly battery that people claim on that phone either. I think its definitely better, but I don't think its some magical battery tech that has changed the face of smartphone batteries. Of course that's just my opinion but I've never more than a work day out of it.
    Completely agree. I personally haven't had a BB with battery life that impressed me since my trusty old 8900....coincidentally a edge device. Z10 is by far the worst though. I dont see how people even try to defend it. Its why I can't wait to get a new phone, whether it be the Z30 or PassPort.

Im glad that Chen looks to be changing this though, at least with some of the latest devices.
    09-22-14 12:07 PM
    http://www.extremetech.com/computing...r-20nm-monster

"The A8 SoC will, according to Apple, be about 25% faster than its predecessor in CPU tasks, and 50% faster on the GPU side of things. These are some big performance gains that are made even more impressive by the fact that the A8 is reportedly 50% more power efficient than the A7 ? and, despite almost doubling the transistor count, the die size is�somehow 13% smaller. Read on for some detailed analysis of Apple?s new A8 SoC."

? Posted via CB10 on my ? Z30
    kbz1960 and JeepBB like this.
    09-22-14 12:19 PM
    I always thought iPhone sucks with battery life. They produce best battery for notebook computer,ipad and ipod but they can't make the iPhone battery last longer. If that's true that battery of the iPhone 6 is good hmm Samsung will have to rethink another advertisement 'wall hugger'...

Z10
    09-22-14 12:28 PM
    Battery life is very good with the Iphone 6/6plus. Not surprised the Plus has great battery life, its humongous but the 6 with a tiny 1810 mAh battery relative to size is also good.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7pVT6pZ.png 
Views:	751 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	299611
    Yeah, the initial benchmarks are in. But of course Apple must have paid them millions of dollars to publish this, because there is zero possibility that there is anything good to say about the iPhone 6 at all no matter what anyone might tell me. My Z30 is infinitely better and that is a fact and not personal preference. Notice how there are no BlackBerry's in that chart, if there were they would all be waaaay higher than those iPhones because they are terrible.

Sarcastic rant over.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 01:02 PM
    I have experienced very few problems swapping my SD card into an android phone from a BlackBerry. One problem I have had though is music has disappeared on my samsung tab just in play music but an easy fix seems to be to pop the SD card into my Z10. The other options you suggested, do they work the same as air drop or do they use data? I read a little about air drop just to see if it uses any data and found out it apparently doesn't. If you need to use data to share files that doesn't seem very ideal unless you are a phone carrier. It would just be nice to have more options and Apple sure charges enough for their devices that there shouldn't be any limits in this regard.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, you do need wireless network for Qikshare to work. At least that's what I've experienced when I had my IP5. Per reports, Apple will expand its NFC functionality in the future. It might not happen until IP6S, I think.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 03:31 PM

For those wondering what battery life is like on the iphone 6 (not the iphone 6 plus), at 24 hours and 36 minutes I'm at 21% battery life. About an hour or so of Youtube videos, streaming music often during the day, searching the web on and off, receiving many many texts through BBM and Whatsapp, couple calls... my battery lasted all day and then some, where previously I would have had to charge my iphone 2-3 times a day just to make it through... not anymore.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life: BlackBerry Z10 vs iPhone 6-2zgt0u0.jpg  
    09-23-14 11:34 PM
    http://i58.tinypic.com/2zgt0u0.png

For those wondering what battery life is like on the iphone 6 (not the iphone 6 plus), at 24 hours and 36 minutes I'm at 21% battery life. About an hour or so of Youtube videos, streaming music often during the day, searching the web on and off, receiving many many texts through BBM and Whatsapp, couple calls... my battery lasted all day and then some, where previously I would have had to charge my iphone 2-3 times a day just to make it through... not anymore.
    Just wait until the next IOS 9 update and you will create a thread about a battery drain and a lag.

Apple supposedly pushes out updates for the benefit of their old IPhone users, but it is all their method of "planned obsolescence".

My sister was first happy to receive the IOS 7 on her IPhone 4 but it now became unusable with the lag and the reduce battery life the "update" brought.

Let's face it, Iphones get slower each update and the BlackBerry 10 gets faster and longer lasting on battery with each update.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    lift, Bbnivende and Carjackd like this.
    09-24-14 02:12 PM
    http://i58.tinypic.com/2zgt0u0.png

I'm very happy for you. I want my phone to last all day as well with moderate use.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 03:27 PM
    You can turn off a fully charged Z10 and leave it off for a week then turn it on again and have, if your lucky 50% of your battery life left. You can leave an iphone4 or later that's been fully charged off FOR A MONTH and when you turn it on you still have full battery. Yes, the Z10 has a poor battery life due to the OS and slip-shod hardware. I've got a z10 and q10 and am a blackberry fan but as of late their products frankly suck.
    Nope. I have fully charged my z10 turned it off and left it 4 days and it was fully drained.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-25-14 03:01 AM
    I can tell you watching half of yesterday's passport event consumed 40% of my z10's charge.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 06:24 AM
    Just wait until the next IOS 9 update and you will create a thread about a battery drain and a lag.

Apple supposedly pushes out updates for the benefit of their old IPhone users, but it is all their method of "planned obsolescence".

My sister was first happy to receive the IOS 7 on her IPhone 4 but it now became unusable with the lag and the reduce battery life the "update" brought.

Let's face it, Iphones get slower each update and the BlackBerry 10 gets faster and longer lasting on battery with each update.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    You do realize that the iPhone 4 is a 4 year old device, right? Of course it's going to lag. We can't compare the two until we put the 2017 version of BB10 on our Z10s/Q10s. Do we even have the option to put BB10 on our 2010 berries? Nope.
    09-25-14 06:47 AM
    Nice try, but not quite. I have a few Z10's and they have at times been off for longer than a week at a time and there is way more than 50% battery left. Please don't exaggerate just to try and push your anti-BlackBerry agenda.
    I've cycled through multiple Z10's and have both a Q10 and a Z10. The Z10's battery life absolutely sucks and on a full charge with being off a few days you will be lucky to have 50% of a charge left when you turn it back on. Look, I love the brand and still use a blackberry every day so don't misinterpret what I'm saying here as anything other than the truth.

Blackberry didn't loose it's market share because it's smart phones were as good as everyone else - the fact is that the Z10 was rushed to market so that BB would have something to market - the battery issue on the Z10 is a big issue and that's why so many have complained about it.
    10-22-14 11:33 PM
    U should compare Z30 with I phone 6
    Or Z10 with I phone 4

posted via Q10
    10-22-14 11:45 PM
    U should compare Z30 with I phone 6
    Or Z10 with I phone 4

posted via Q10
    How about a Z5 and an iphone6
    10-23-14 01:01 AM
    So by 10.3 the battery on the Z10 will finally be "settled in?"

Seriously, you guys are actually comparing battery life on a phone (Z10) that has the worst battery life of most modern day smartphones to the iPhone's? I'm not saying it will be great, but I have a hard time believing that it will be as awful as the Z10's. The 5S battery while not great was still better than the joke of a battery in the Z10.

The Z10 is an admitted failure by BlackBerry. It's time to move on from comparing it to anything and hope that BB comes out with a better full touch phone next year.

And if battery life is the last shred that anyone is clinging to when comparing these two phones thwn that's a pretty sad state of affairs.
    Results vary on the Z10. I think the more recently manufactured ones are better. We have both a Z10 and a iPhone 5 and our iPhone does better but not by much. The Z10 battery issue is not a myth, we just do not know why some devices work ok and others are terrible. BlackBerry seldom owns up to their mistakes.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 10-23-14 at 07:49 AM.
    10-23-14 07:34 AM
    Was just looking over reviews of the new iPhone. Most were mixed a few (fanboys). said it was the best phone you can get. But I looked at some spec. It has the same size battery as z10. And only has 1gig of ram. Just curios what you guys think?
    One of the reviews said the battery life was incredible. And easily got 2 days out of it?
    Posted via CB10
    Attachment 298988

Attachment 298989
    Attachment 298990
    iOS together with the Apple A8 chip that's used in the iPhone 6 is lightyears ahead when it comes to power management and efficiency.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 07:52 AM
    The reviews so far have been reporting pretty decent battery life for the iPhone 6, like over a days use. They can't all be lying. The battery also might not be 1810 mAh. Apple hasn't released official battery capacity data, but the teardowns have reported a battery of over 2000 mAh.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not getting anywhere near a days worth on a single charge on my iphone6 . I'm lucky just to get home or charge it at dinner but it's still better then the iphone5. Let's face it apples battery sucks and it's always been an issue. Let's not kid ourselves with fanboyism. Without carrying a charger you living on the edge with the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 09:10 AM
121 12345