Was just looking over reviews of the new iPhone. Most were mixed a few (fanboys). said it was the best phone you can get. But I looked at some spec. It has the same size battery as z10. And only has 1gig of ram. Just curios what you guys think?
    One of the reviews said the battery life was incredible. And easily got 2 days out of it?
    Posted via CB10
    Attachment 298988

Attachment 298989
    Attachment 298990
    Last edited by silversmith75; 09-19-14 at 10:50 PM.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-19-14 10:25 PM
    Phone just came out, how can one make a far assessment on battery life.
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    09-19-14 10:30 PM
    I thought to it was released today. Yet it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. And the battery life was impressive yet it has same batter as z10? Which was painted as a terrible battery bka bla.

And The nfc will only work with apple pay?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by silversmith75; 09-19-14 at 10:50 PM.
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    09-19-14 10:35 PM
    So I guess the z10 has a poor battery life due to the OS and hardware?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 10:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm getting a day and a half of battery use on OS 10.3 so no complaints here.
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    09-19-14 10:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    If the iPhone6 battery is so fantastic. And it's the same battery as z10 I think it shows that the BlackBerry 10 os can be tweaked abit more and there is potential

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 10:52 PM
    I generally get a full day on a charge. I get about 12 to 14 hours with moderate use. I have 10.3 on my tester z10. Which I think lasted about 4 days on standby with moderate usage

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 10:54 PM
    You don't just look at its battery size and ram. There are other things involved in determining battery life. For instance, the A8 in IP6 is more efficient than the snapdragon in Z10.

Is your network set to 2g or LTE?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-20-14 05:07 PM
    Ive heard the 6+ had pretty good battery life. Had a girl in class who said she waited in line for hers, and had been on it "all day" and it was sitting at 89%.

I dont know what time she actually got it though so im just going off what she said
    09-20-14 06:33 PM
    When people say that they can last one day with the z10 without charging. I wonder if they even need a smartphone or a phone per say.....

Posted via CB10
    devin266, mnc76, dikkr and 5 others like this.
    09-20-14 08:50 PM
    From what I've been reading online it seems Apple under sold the iPhone 6's battery life to sort of push the 6+. It seems to be getting good feedback. My guess is Apple tweaked the OS to make the battery last.

I know that my Z10 battery got much better with each update. Maybe 10.3 will make it even better.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 08:52 PM
    Only at Crackberry will you find people who are obviously lost. Why else would they post such things in a forum for enthusiasts of a competitive brand. The other fan sites must be pretty boring.

Posted via CB10
    user5240 and lift like this.
    09-20-14 10:55 PM
    You can turn off a fully charged Z10 and leave it off for a week then turn it on again and have, if your lucky 50% of your battery life left. You can leave an iphone4 or later that's been fully charged off FOR A MONTH and when you turn it on you still have full battery. Yes, the Z10 has a poor battery life due to the OS and slip-shod hardware. I've got a z10 and q10 and am a blackberry fan but as of late their products frankly suck.
    BB_Junky, Berry_Pink and dikkr like this.
    09-20-14 10:56 PM
    You can turn off a fully charged Z10 and leave it off for a week then turn it on again and have, if your lucky 50% of your battery life left. You can leave an iphone4 or later that's been fully charged off FOR A MONTH and when you turn it on you still have full battery. Yes, the Z10 has a poor battery life due to the OS and slip-shod hardware. I've got a z10 and q10 and am a blackberry fan but as of late their products frankly suck.
    Nice try, but not quite. I have a few Z10's and they have at times been off for longer than a week at a time and there is way more than 50% battery left. Please don't exaggerate just to try and push your anti-BlackBerry agenda.
    09-20-14 10:59 PM
    If the iPhone6 battery is so fantastic. And it's the same battery as z10 I think it shows that the BlackBerry 10 os can be tweaked abit more and there is potential

Posted via CB10
    Also iPhone 6 has a bigger screen than Z10. Keeping that in mind, I would say they have done a very impressive job with optimization.
    09-20-14 11:30 PM
    Hahaha

Considering the reputation of Iphones with batteries, and now with an even larger screen, I don't expect the battery life of the Iphone 6 to be much better than the 5S.

I have been using smartphones from past Nokia Symbian phones to various BlackBerry phones, and I never actually had to charge my phone during the day for any phones I owned. Yet, I see so many Iphone users that have to bring their entire charger with them to libraries or cafes.

It's not as thin as you like when you have to take your charger out right?
    Lol

There is the customary Iphone battery fix article for a new Iphone.
    http://m.imore.com/how-fix-iphone-6-...ife-problems-0

http://www.businessinsider.com/iphon...-review-2014-9

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    notafanboy likes this.
    09-20-14 11:43 PM
    What does it feel to have a $800 phone that can't handle bluetooth transfers?(my old motorola A45 can)

Also, please tell me how's iOS 8 file manager? and how's NFC bluetooth pairing working for you? I'm sure you already bought a bunch of NFC tags to automatize daily tasks, oh wait.

Stop baiting m8.

Posted via CB10
    You're comparing two different things here. IOS can use air drop to share files, NFC isn't needed. In fact, Apple didn't advertise NFC for file sharing. If you have to go down that route, let's see , how's the $700? BlackBerry Passport stack against competition when it has no ecosystem? Can BlackBerry blend even let you answer a call while working on a computer? Nope. Can BlackBerry blend even let you pick up your unfinished tasks (i.e. Excel sheet) from your computer and complete it on your phone? Nope.

See where I'm going? Two platforms with two different agendas.

Hahaha

Considering the reputation of Iphones with batteries, and now with an even larger screen, I don't expect the battery life of the Iphone 6 to be much better than the 5S.

I have been using smartphones from past Nokia Symbian phones to various BlackBerry phones, and I never actually had to charge my phone during the day for any phones I owned. Yet, I see so many Iphone users that have to bring their entire charger with them to libraries or cafes.

It's not as thin as you like when you have to take your charger out right?
    Lol

There is the customary Iphone battery fix article for a new Iphone.
    http://m.imore.com/how-fix-iphone-6-...ife-problems-0

http://www.businessinsider.com/iphon...-review-2014-9

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Not sure if serious, Symbian and older BlackBerry phones can last for days, so can flipphones, why don't you stick with those? I believe the A8 in iPhone 6 has smaller die which lead to better energy consumption.

Those battery review you linked are bogus at best. Without knowing what method, metric was used, under what condition, settings etc to test the battery, they aren't very credible.

I agree during the time when I had an iPhone 5 in my possession, I tend to charge it twice, sometimes three times a day, but that's because it's from using airplay a lot for screen sharing, and face timing. In addition to that, averages iPhone users aren't deep into the menu setting and turn off location service for each app, which I found out was another reason for horrible battery.

Now on my Z10, I charge it also twice a day, but sans airplay or any type of sharing, and no face timing since no one I know uses BBM.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 12:56 AM
    Can BlackBerry blend even let you answer a call while working on a computer? Nope. Can BlackBerry blend even let you pick up your unfinished tasks (i.e. Excel sheet) from your computer and complete it on your phone? Nope.

Posted via CB10

Sure, even without Blend and since 10.1.
    I use my bluetooth on the PC(DELL Latitude E 6530 with WIN7 Pro) for that. Works even with sms.

Posted via Q10Bold
    09-21-14 02:18 AM
    Can BlackBerry blend even let you pick up your unfinished tasks (i.e. Excel sheet) from your computer and complete it on your phone?
    You don't even need the blend for that.

Assuming you are using the Microsoft Office excel program, you would save it to your One Drive and just open the office document from your BlackBerry 10 device and edit it using the doc to go program.

Also, answering the call on your computer has been possible with Nokia Communication Center program since 2010!

Nokia Symbian was truly ahead of its time. Even ahead of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z30
    09-21-14 02:26 AM
    It has the same size battery as z10.
    Are you sure about that?

I read an iPhone6 teardown review the other day and I'm sure they mentioned a battery of 2915mAh... which is pretty meaty, and far bigger than the 1800mAh (iirc) in the Z10.
    09-21-14 07:43 AM
    You're comparing two different things here. IOS can use air drop to share files, NFC isn't needed. In fact, Apple didn't advertise NFC for file sharing. If you have to go down that route, let's see , how's the $700? BlackBerry Passport stack against competition when it has no ecosystem? Can BlackBerry blend even let you answer a call while working on a computer? Nope. Can BlackBerry blend even let you pick up your unfinished tasks (i.e. Excel sheet) from your computer and complete it on your phone? Nope.

See where I'm going? Two platforms with two different agendas.
    Strong affirmations about something that hasn't even been officially acknowledged by BlackBerry.

>NFC isn't needed

Same thing you Apple fans said a couple years ago about 4.7" screens , I call it the Apple fallacy, "if we don't have it, we don't need it".

Posted via my Limited Edition Z10.
    lift, sylvaing, spikesolie and 1 others like this.
    09-21-14 08:05 AM
    Strong affirmations about something that hasn't even been officially acknowledged by BlackBerry.

>NFC isn't needed

Same thing you Apple fans said a couple years ago about 4.7" screens , I call it the Apple fallacy, "if we don't have it, we don't need it".

Posted via my Limited Edition Z10.
    Unfortunately, though, Mike and Jim said the same thing about BB. At one time they even said that BBs didn't need cameras and music players! More recently, BB fans had said that virtual keyboards suck and could never be productive on one...until the BB10 keyboard came out. Same with how they said they'd never buy a phone with a large screen because they couldn't use it easily with one hand...until the Z30 came out. Heck I'm guilty of it too.
    kbz1960, JeepBB and Berry_Pink like this.
    09-21-14 08:16 AM
    Great so we're comparing the battery life of a device that just came out to one that's been out going on 2 years now. I'm no fan of the iPhone but I would think it's battery life should be better than the z10 at this point. Just as I would expect that the next new full touch BlackBerry should have better battery life than the iPhone 6.

Z10
    09-21-14 08:24 AM
    Well if you wanna look at other spec the iPhone 6. Is wayyyyyy behind. Os 8 is no different than os7. Apart from a few borrowed features.

If you look at review sites tester are mixed and customers are disappointed. Ya everyone is saying the battery is awesome wait till you get a few headless apps on there and see how long it lasts

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 09:08 AM
    Great so we're comparing the battery life of a device that just came out to one that's been out going on 2 years now. I'm no fan of the iPhone but I would think it's battery life should be better than the z10 at this point. Just as I would expect that the next new full touch BlackBerry should have better battery life than the iPhone 6.

Z10
    My point in starting this thread is that they both have the same sized battery.
    When the z10 came out people were carving the z10 battery up. Yet praising the ip6. For having incredible battery life. It's laughable how diluted people are

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 09:11 AM
121 123 ...