Is it just me....the battery life on BB is really bad? This isn't my first BB but I have noticed that I have to charge my phone at least 2 a day in order to make sure the battery does not fully die. Also, because I tend to use my phone for work is there a product out to help with the preserving battery life?

Thnxs!!!
    03-05-10 05:20 PM
    What BB and what apps are you running?
    03-05-10 06:01 PM
    We need more info to help you. I have found using Slacker Radio can drain my Tour's battery or using a lot of e-mails (over 200 received a day for Google Voice SMS) can drain it fast but just using it for straight messaging and minor web browsing doesn't drain the battery. I have found Google apps can drain the battery so while they are nice I make sure to exit them completely when done.
    03-05-10 06:09 PM
    You should look into an extended battery if you use your phone very heavily. Also make sure you close all apps properly and BBM can drain the battery as well.
    03-05-10 06:31 PM
    Simple answer here is to not worry about what apps you are using or how you use
    the phone and just charge the battery as often as you can.

The number of people who try to squeeze out a day, two days or three on a single
    charge and then wonder why the battery is under-performing is astounding.

Lithium ion batteries are not designed or meant to be used that way.
    03-05-10 06:39 PM
    Simple answer here is to not worry about what apps you are using or how you use
    the phone and just charge the battery as often as you can.

The number of people who try to squeeze out a day, two days or three on a single
    charge and then wonder why the battery is under-performing is astounding.

Lithium ion batteries are not designed or meant to be used that way.
    True but Blackberrys by design can take a charge and last it through at least a day or two depending on your handset and use. Half a day is way low.
    03-05-10 07:01 PM
    I don't find the newer blackberry's to have as good of a battery life as say, the original curve or world edition (or even older berrys). Thats just my general observation.

I think people also have to look at the apps only in the respect that the more your phone can do, the more power it needs. I was using a Droid Eris, which I really love. But the battery life is so bad that it no longer was very functional for me.
    03-05-10 07:21 PM
    I think it's because they have faster CPUs and more memory and power to them they don't last quite as long. But to be honest my Tour gets me thorugh the day fine if I don't use Internet radio.
    03-06-10 02:54 AM
    My 9000 needs a recharge most days if 3G is turned on. The signal in my office is poor and apparently the phone keeps trying to lock on and drains the battery.

On 2G and a heavy day without internet radio I can go all day without an issue. Two charging cradles make recharge a snap when needed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-10 07:02 AM
    My dad's 83xx sees the charger once every like 5 days. My 8900, 9000, and 9550 ALL see the charger after 1, maybe 1.5 days of use. True, I'm probably a heavier user, but still I would be fairly willing to support the claim that newer blackberries have lesser battery life..
    03-06-10 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD