So I've had my BB Curve since Thanksgiving and so far the battery life has seemed ok to me (coming from my old nextel, it's amazing!) but lately I've noticed that the charge isn't holding as well as it used to.

Today for instance, I charged the battery to full last night and have it in standby mode in a bag by my desk. Haven't used it at all and by noon it is at 75% Is that normal or should I look into doing something about it?
    04-28-09 11:14 AM
    are you in a low signal area?
    is your bluetooth on?
    what OS do you have?(options>about 3rd line)
    04-28-09 11:26 AM
    I would make sure that any open apps are closed, too.
    04-28-09 11:29 AM
    Low service area

BT off

Not sure which OS v.4 maybe???
    04-28-09 11:32 AM
    its most likely the low service area.. that will drain that puppy like gangbusters. try calling sprints customer service(*2 or *4 if orget which one) and then try to get to the tech support area. ask the agent if he/she can flag your account for a prl update. this might help you get a better signal.. prl= preffered roaming list. it helps bounce off of the closest towers for a better signal
    04-28-09 11:43 AM
    Has your service area always been of low quality? You said that your battery life has just recently taken a turn for the worse. Are you in the poor area at work, home, etc...?

As savage said, a poor service area can wreak havok on your battery life.
    04-28-09 11:47 AM
    That's got to be what it is. I've just started subbing at a local school and get no reception in the building. I think it must be roaming (or am assuming that's what the blue triangle means Thanks for the help, I'll just shut her down during the day or charge it up later on I guess.
    04-28-09 01:07 PM
    Yeah no service will kill battery life. I know that when I travel through the mountains my battery life tanks. I just got back from a two hour drive trip, and throughout the weekend, with minimal use, I had only 50% battery or so left. It was searching for a signal too often as I traveled.

Just turn it off during the day or keep it plugged in. Up to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 01:15 PM
    One last quick question... I know with older phones I've heard people say to drain it and charge it. Is it better to do that or to just charge it whenever I can and keep the battery "topped off" so to speak?
    04-28-09 01:16 PM
    Has anyone noticed more battery drain with new facebook upgrade?? It seems it sucks it up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 03:00 PM
    One last quick question... I know with older phones I've heard people say to drain it and charge it. Is it better to do that or to just charge it whenever I can and keep the battery "topped off" so to speak?
    you can keep it charged to the max. I charge mine every night as many of us do. The drain philosophy used to hold true, but it is not an issue anymore.
    04-28-09 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD