Hey guys.

For the past few nights, my Blackberry has been not charging fully. It never charges exactly past 50% on either wall, car, or USB. It's not the battery, as I tried it in my dad's blackberry, and it charged...I also tried his battery in mine, and once i used all the battery, that wouldn't charge past 50% either.

Any ideas on what is causing this problem? It's really ticking me off. My phone only lasts a few hours.
    Last edited by nextgates; 06-27-08 at 09:45 AM.
    06-27-08 09:09 AM
    Ok, tried an alternative. If I pull out my battery and charge it on an external charger, it charges all the way to the top.

Additionally, I lied, the USB does charge the battery to the top. It seems that only Wall and Car doesn't charge it to its full extent.

At first I thought this problem was because of an upgrade to the .44 OS, however, I realized that this problem started 2 days ago, before I even upgraded. I even rolled back, and installed again, but still. Nothing over 50% on the wall/car.
    06-27-08 10:09 AM
    My BB doesn't fully charge when I use the USB. Actually I've found this to be a off and on issue... Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    06-27-08 10:21 AM
    My BB doesn't fully charge when I use the USB. Actually I've found this to be a off and on issue... Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    The USB does charge the BB to 100%. The wall charger and car charger only charge it to 50%.
    06-27-08 10:22 AM
    Yeah, sorry about that. I've been working since midnight and instinctively responded to the last post. After hitting submit I realized you were talking about your specific issue.

Are you outside of your warranty? Sounds to me like you're having an AC vs. DC issue of some sort.
    06-27-08 10:32 AM
    Yeah, sorry about that. I've been working since midnight and instinctively responded to the last post. After hitting submit I realized you were talking about your specific issue.

Are you outside of your warranty? Sounds to me like you're having an AC vs. DC issue of some sort.
    No worries. I dont THINK that i'm outside of my year yet. Although I can't remember exactly when I got the phone, I remember I ditched the Blackjack because the darn WM6 was taking so long. So I'm gonna guess its only been a half year.

Do I call AT&T directly and explain the issue?
    06-27-08 10:35 AM
    I would try taking it to an AT&T store directly if you have one nearby.
    06-27-08 10:37 AM
    I would try taking it to an AT&T store directly if you have one nearby.
    Sounds good. I'll stop in after work. Thanks a lot for your help!
    06-27-08 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD