i have a blackberry curve 8310. my blackberry was perfect until i updated the os to 4.5 then i started having weird problems with the phone in general and my battery would only last 1 phone call. and if my battery was fully charged it would die if i restarted my phone. i stopped using the phone for a few weeks and i just opened the backside and it was stuck, something inside wasnt letting the backside battery cover slide off and when i finally got it off using force the battery was inflated like it was about to explode... what the **** happened ? heres a picture
    09-22-09 11:32 PM
    Can't see picture but I am on wap and someone came in to our store actually last week with an expanded battery what happened apparently is the phone got to hot and over heated .. Phone was still on so the battery couldn't take the pressure and expanded

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 11:39 PM
    i think the new OS i installed screwed it up
    09-22-09 11:41 PM
    Had an lg b4 and battery inflated same as ^ but the verizon rep told me (while there for a new phone UPGRADE time) that it had to do with using car charger too much. I'd lost wall charger and being cheap I just charged while on the move. Maybe its something similar ? Or a ded battery nothing lasts forever.

09-22-09 11:45 PM
    New os wouldn't do anything to the battery like that.. The only thing the os could do is if it made your BB work harder and get hotter faster

09-22-09 11:46 PM
    I've seen some customers with this...I know sometimes there phone was in the direct sunlight too long (like left in the car....or so they say).

Either way, swelled batteries generally terrify me and I have no idea why. I have a fear they will explode in my face.
    09-22-09 11:49 PM
    I've seen some customers with this...I know sometimes there phone was in the direct sunlight too long (like left in the car....or so they say).

Either way, swelled batteries generally terrify me and I have no idea why. I have a fear they will explode in my face.
    Exactly thank you and shouldn't be fear of these maybe aa or aaa cause they don't have the frame like inside like BB or phone batteries which stop them from totally exploding(from what I've heard)

09-22-09 11:51 PM
    well i never used a car charger on that phone and it never sat in the sun. the battery started acting different right after the OS update
    09-22-09 11:54 PM
    Exactly thank you and shouldn't be fear of these maybe aa or aaa cause they don't have the frame like inside like BB or phone batteries which stop them from totally exploding(from what I've heard)

I think my fear comes because someone's swelled up battery oozed liquid all over my hands before. It was icky.
    09-23-09 12:00 AM
    Man, that's pretty crazy. Have you considered that perhaps your phone is out to get you? ;]
    09-23-09 02:08 AM
    well i never used a car charger on that phone and it never sat in the sun. the battery started acting different right after the OS update
    OS upgrade can never do this. Three things could be the cause:

Leaving the phone in the sun too long and it gets really heated. Batteries hate this.

A bad battery. It happens, these things are mass produced and a certain amount of failures are expected.

Bad charge circuit causing over charging. Not so common as long as the inspectors do their job after assembly.

You just had a bad battery so I would just get a new one and move on.

09-23-09 09:18 AM
    OS upgrade can never do this. Three things could be the cause:

Leaving the phone in the sun too long and it gets really heated. Batteries hate this.

A bad battery. It happens, these things are mass produced and a certain amount of failures are expected.

Bad charge circuit causing over charging. Not so common as long as the inspectors do their job after assembly.

You just had a bad battery so I would just get a new one and move on.

Mmhmm that would be it I have no idea why the op keeps saying the os caused in like I posted before unless the os caused the phone to run hotter then normal it wouldn't do anything

09-23-09 09:42 AM
    Man, that's pretty crazy. Have you considered that perhaps your phone is out to get you? ;]
    LOL!

And just because he doesnt think its out to get him doesnt mean it isnt.
    09-23-09 11:10 AM
    hmmmm interesting
    09-23-09 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD