Strange Problem i have never had before, happened about 3 times in the past week now.

I set my alarm before bed,
    switch the phone off,

Nothing goes off in the morning....
    Why?
    Because the phone has died over night while switched off!!

When i switch the phone off of a night time, its sometimes had over half battery remaining, but then in the morning, i cant even switch it on because its completely flat!!

It is possible an app is doing this even though the phone is off? Or is it a dodgy battery or a dodgy phone? Once again looks like ill be ringing my provider, sick of this!!!!

Cheers
    10-27-11 02:54 AM
    Anyone had the same issue ever?
    Its got to be the battery surely?
    10-27-11 03:57 AM
    Yes probably. Try using a different method of shutting your phone off. Go into the menu and find the power icon. When it shows the dialog do the "full power off" option. Hopefully it will not go flat when you wake up
    10-27-11 04:01 AM
    so it could be this new drivesafe app thats draining it over night? I press and hold the power button to shut down?
    this drivesafey.ly app that they have given us for free doesnt work on my car bluetooth anyway! rubbish app! maybe i should delete it??
    10-27-11 04:23 AM
    Could be an app, could be a battery or a device problem. You can try deleting the drivesafe application to see if it is causing the problem. Until you find the problem, and if you have to be up for something important, say work , you can plug it in at night to have a fresh charge in the morning when your alarm goes off.
    Last edited by exelant; 10-27-11 at 12:01 PM.
    10-27-11 11:40 AM
    I think its the drive safe.ly app. I just started having that problem a few days after I downloaded it on my torch! And each time I check apps running in the background, it is there even though I try closing it many a times.

I haven't had that problem before, of the battery being drained whilst the phone is fully powered off, so I am gonna delete the app and monitor my battery from there!

Funny enough, I have the same app on my curve (yes I have 2 bbs don't judge me lol), and it doesn't seem to affect its battery life. Then again the Torch's battery life is so very fickle compared to that of other bbs!
    10-30-11 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD