OK so I've read all of the similar forums on batteries draining fast, but none of them seem to pertain to the issue I'm having. I've had my BB for about a year now, and the battery has always lasted at least 2 days. I've been good about letting the battery drain completely before I recharge the phone, too, just in case this type of battery is the type with "memory."

Recently, my battery has not even been lasting a day. I notice that I'll have almost full battery life and I can use applications without any problem, but as soon as I talk on the phone, within 5 minutes or so I get one warning beep and my phone hangs up and says something like "unable to connect to radio due to low battery." It really only seems to happen when I'm talking to someone...not when I'm using programs. I've tried battery pulls and such but without luck.

Any thoughts?? arggggggh
    04-20-10 05:11 PM
    Your problem is because you let your battery drain completely. This is a surefire
    way to kill a Li-Ion battery. They simply are not designed to be run that way.
    They should be charged often with ONE deep discharge every 40 - 50 charging
    cycles. Li-Ion batteries do not have the memory issue of the old NiCad or NiMH
    batteries.

Sadly, I think your only real option is to buy a new battery and stop letting it
    run down or trying to get two days of use from a single charge.
    04-20-10 05:15 PM
    ive been having the same issue ever since i installed the bb twitter app. dont know if my battery just died or the app is related to the problem. it only drains when i talk on the phone not when im using apps.
    04-20-10 05:26 PM
    What model you carry? I mean, if you compare the 8330 to the 9630 there is a huge difference. This might help us find a solution for you. But, if you truly always let your battery die, youve killed that battery. That is not ideal for a lith ion. Best solution i have for you, buy a new battery.
    04-20-10 06:12 PM
    Thanks everybody for your responses! I had no idea that running out a battery could actually hurt it. I will try a new battery and see if that works. My model is the 8330 curve by the way.

I wouldn't say that I ran the battery down every time before I charged it, but I have an overnight shift at work once a week and I was just letting it run down when I had one of those shifts. The only weird thing about my problem is that it seemed to appear suddenly. I had no problem for almost a year and then for the past week or two the issue appeared. This is why I thought maybe I had a setting on my phone that I had accidentally changed or something...for example I could have put my phone on roam constantly and the problem could have been fixed easily with the press of a button.

Thanks again for the advice.
    04-20-10 07:57 PM
    Yeah time for a new battery. I would suggest charging if you get near a charger too.
    04-21-10 01:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD