Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Just wondering, is anyone suffering from battery drain since they started using IHeart? I read a thread where a Storm user had this problem prior to Iheart being compatible with the Storm. Is anyone else having this problem?

I am a Curve owner and whereas I could usually go from morning until I got home in the evening and still have my battery power at 80% most days...70% on a high use day, I was at 60% by 2:30pm today. Mind you, I have yet to use Iheart at all today except to show someone how it worked for 2 minutes. The only change in my use is that I downloaded IHeart yesterday.
    03-31-09 04:20 PM
    Are you sure you're actually closing it? I have mine installed and have dropped less than 10% all day..
    03-31-09 05:00 PM
    Are you sure you're actually closing it? I have mine installed and have dropped less than 10% all day..
    Yeah....I check to see which apps are open constantly and it is closed. Just now, I used it for I swear 15-20 minutes and the battery went from 60% to 50%!!! URGH!!! I LOVE this app...I don't want to give it up.
    03-31-09 05:08 PM
    Hmm. Try a fresh install. i mean I'm on an 8900, so not your device, but maybe it installed incorrectly?
    03-31-09 05:24 PM
    Hmm. Try a fresh install. i mean I'm on an 8900, so not your device, but maybe it installed incorrectly?
    I will try that...I just dropped another 10%.... down to 40% battery power over the last 20 minutes. I can only think of one occassion when I have fallen below 50% use for an entire DAY!!! Thank you for your help. If others are having a similar issue...will they please post. I'm kinda hoping that it's just me I love this app so I will try to find a fix. However, if it's the app...I have to let it go.
    03-31-09 05:33 PM
    Dont mean to hijack your thread, but how do you check to see which apps are currently running?
    03-31-09 05:38 PM
    Dont mean to hijack your thread, but how do you check to see which apps are currently running?
    Hit the ALT button at the same time as the Back button to the right of your trackball. There should be 5 programs that will always run...BB Messenger, Browser, Telephone, Homescreen and Messages. The others you should close if you can. I say if you can because some like TellMe always run in the background....so,...I have 6 programs always running since I have TellMe.
    03-31-09 06:25 PM
    Hit the ALT button at the same time as the Back button to the right of your trackball. There should be 5 programs that will always run...BB Messenger, Browser, Telephone, Homescreen and Messages. The others you should close if you can. I say if you can because some like TellMe always run in the background....so,...I have 6 programs always running since I have TellMe.
    I have a Storm. I dont have that option. Is there another way?
    03-31-09 06:37 PM
    Sorry...I have no idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 06:51 PM
    Do a battery pull to close all apps.

03-31-09 07:24 PM
    iheart sucks the life right out of my phone...but ive learned to bring my charger with me hehehe
    03-31-09 08:28 PM
    Hit the Menu button and click "Switch Application". That'll bring up a list of all of your open apps. I've never used a Storm, but I'm assuming this works on it too.
    Last edited by eternal76; 03-31-09 at 08:39 PM.
    03-31-09 08:33 PM
    iheart sucks the life right out of my phone...but ive learned to bring my charger with me hehehe
    Now that's one solution!! LOL. Up until now, I couldn't figure out why folks with Berry's needed such things as a car charger. THAT is how good my battery life normally is. I guess I will buy one.

03-31-09 08:38 PM
    Now that's one solution!! LOL. Up until now, I couldn't figure out why folks with Berry's needed such things as a car charger. THAT is how good my battery life normally is. I guess I will buy one.

the wall charger has saved me at work many many times lol
    03-31-09 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD