For anyone having battery drain issues:

Ensure you disable Memory Cleaning. If it's disabled with a red padlock... what you need to do is delete the S/Mime add-on from your applications list in OPTIONS (Check the Add-on category)... restart and it will disable the padlock. You can then disable memory cleaning.

Ensure you don't have any constant polling apps left indefinitely. Facebook for BB and Twitter for BB etc are fine.. even apps like SocialScope as long as you don't have them polling at intervals because they already do that once you open them. Plus FB and T4BB support push messaging for mentions, DM's, FB mesages, FB replies etc so no point having them check for feeds you don't really care about all day until u actually feel like checking what people have been up to.

Do the usual screen brightness settings etc... I keep mine on 1 cos it's not that much different from 10. Plus it auto dims or brightens depending on the light level.

My top tip though... always use the STANDBY MODE when phone not in use cos thats a major major major battery saver. Can't emphasize that enough.

Phone's been off charger since 8:20am and now at 2:15pm i'm down to only 83% which equates to about <4% an hour and thats after normal use with emails, 1 phone call, and checking my socialscope feeds. My battery meter is currently showing i've got 25hrs of battery life left meaning should not go flat till this time tomorrow if usage level stays the same.

I've got about 30 apps including the usual suspect battery killers like socialscope, whatsapp, weather app, FB4BB, T4BB, CrunchSMS etc.. so having them is not an excuse.

Btw... another thing I did was disable status updates on BBM cos I know all that data usage from friends updates and music being listened to does drain battery quite a bit.

Trust me...
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 06-10-11 at 04:14 AM.
    06-09-11 09:12 AM
    Must be an issue with your current Os. I've had MC enabled since day one and have always had great battery life. It is always good to hear others experiences.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 10:52 AM
    Must be an issue with your current Os. I've had MC enabled since day one and have always had great battery life. It is always good to hear others experiences.

Using the latest OS5 for 8520 though so not an OS issue... it's my usage that determines how my battery lasts so with all my tweaks mentioned above... it gives me the battery life I expect to have. Normally it gives me about 12-15 hrs before in the red so usualyy on the charger sometime between 8pm - 10pm. Now I'm getting about 30hrs. Right now it's at 71% with 21 hours left. So that should mean would not go flat until about 2pm tomorrow since 8:20am this morning.

In addition... another benefit I've gained is my reboot time is now down to 5/6min from 8/9mins.

That's just great..
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 06-10-11 at 04:16 AM.
    06-09-11 11:52 AM
    These are great tips.................. You should also remember to close ALL games. If you don't your battery will die in less than 6 hours. Thanx for the tips and I got some on my site if you want to check it out:

Blackberry Themes And News

06-09-11 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD