hi everyone i am hoping someone here can help me out in the last few weeks my battery has been dying really quickly example i charged my phone last night to 100% and in 2 hours it was down to 65% i didn't make any phone calls i only sent maybe 20 bbms,twitter and that was it i never leave any apps open i close them all just not the ones that stay open...messages,home,phone,blackberry messenger, browser i'm don't go on the web a lot i never do when i'm home or at work so it's not that, a few weeks ago i did upgrade my OS to OS6 but i found my phone to be very slow so i downgraded back to OS5 by using desktop manager and did the simple downgrade after i did the downgrade that's when i think it started so after the downgrade i went to Telus and got a few battery and it's still doing the same thing help.... i have the curve 9300 3G
    04-16-11 04:58 AM
    hi everyone i am hoping someone here can help me out in the last few weeks my battery has been dying really quickly example i charged my phone last night to 100% and in 2 hours it was down to 65% i didn't make any phone calls i only sent maybe 20 bbms,twitter and that was it i never leave any apps open i close them all just not the ones that stay open...messages,home,phone,blackberry messenger, browser i'm don't go on the web a lot i never do when i'm home or at work so it's not that, a few weeks ago i did upgrade my OS to OS6 but i found my phone to be very slow so i downgraded back to OS5 by using desktop manager and did the simple downgrade after i did the downgrade that's when i think it started so after the downgrade i went to Telus and got a few battery and it's still doing the same thing help.... i have the curve 9300 3G
    chances are, you are not closing apps properly. make sure you use the back button to exit the app completely, or pressing the 'bb' button and choosing close/exit. Pressing the red 'end' button minimizes the app, leaving it running in the background. if you have 16 apps all runnung in the background will drain your battery.

you can also reduce the frequency of apps "checking for updates" i.e. facebook/twitter etc... the less radio ose the better. M

Make sure wifi, and bluetooth are off, when not in use, also major battery hogs...
    04-18-11 02:57 PM
    If you've done everything that TBrenn has suggested, and you've got a new battery, and you are still having the problem, it may be your carrier has a tower problem. If the tower your phone normally hits is down, and your phone is having to operate at a higher power level to reach a more distant tower, that will cause your battery to be depleted much more quickly than normal.
    04-18-11 03:20 PM
    If you've done everything that TBrenn has suggested, and you've got a new battery, and you are still having the problem, it may be your carrier has a tower problem. If the tower your phone normally hits is down, and your phone is having to operate at a higher power level to reach a more distant tower, that will cause your battery to be depleted much more quickly than normal.
    Very true jeff! Can't believe I overlooked that part ... Also, being out of a coverahge area will do it as well. If the phone is continously searching for signal, will drain the device fast!!

My curve 8330 would normally last about 2 days, at the cottage, with limited signal / always searching, I'd be lucky to get 6 hours out of it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD