on a BB, I think I read somewhere that letting the charge run down too low could cause loss of certain things and just not overall good.

with my old phone I let it run out of charge, either accidentally or on purpose.

Is there a rule of thumb as to what % to not let a BB battery get below? And why?

thanks!
    03-13-09 01:38 PM
    15%. Constantly deep discharging a Li-Ion battery will eventually
    have a seriously deleterious effect on the life and performance
    of the battery.
    03-13-09 01:43 PM
    Thanks for the tip, AG. I'm guilty of letting my battery go uncharged until about 5%. I'll start plugging in sooner.
    03-13-09 01:48 PM
    In addition to possible functionality problems, such as spontaneous shutdowns or loss of radio connection and others.

I have followed AGs rule of thumb since owning my Curve, and to date have had no battery-related issues.

A happy Berry is a charged Berry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 01:48 PM
    Thanks for the tip, AG. I'm guilty of letting my battery go uncharged until about 5%. I'll start plugging in sooner.
    No problem. Li-Ion batteries prefer to be topped off rather than run down. And
    with the new Li-Ion technology almost all of them have overcharge protection.
    All the ones used in BlackBerrys do. I charge my battery overnight and whenever
    I have a chance throughout the day.
    03-13-09 01:50 PM
    No problem. Li-Ion batteries prefer to be topped off rather than run down. And
    with the new Li-Ion technology almost all of them have overcharge protection.
    All the ones used in BlackBerrys do. I charge my battery overnight and whenever
    I have a chance throughout the day.
    That's a good tip too. I've often wondered if leaving it charged overnight (as I always do) had any effect on the battery life. Apparently not. I do the same as AG and keep it charging at work while I can.
    03-13-09 01:54 PM
    Well you don't ever want to drain to 0% a Li-Ion battery. It has a memory thing that if you drain it down to 0% too much, it will never fully charge back to 100% next time. Your battery life is shortened everytime the battery goes down to 0%. Better to have it charged as full as possible whenever you have the chance...
    03-13-09 08:50 PM
    15%. Constantly deep discharging a Li-Ion battery will eventually
    have a seriously deleterious effect on the life and performance
    of the battery.
    A dele what? At any rate, AG, as per usual, has hit the proverbial nail on the head.
    03-13-09 08:52 PM
    That's a good tip too. I've often wondered if leaving it charged overnight (as I always do) had any effect on the battery life. Apparently not. I do the same as AG and keep it charging at work while I can.
    I have always charged my BBs whenever I get the chance; I have yet to notice any adverse effects of doing such.
    03-13-09 08:53 PM
    Just for my 2cents-i usually chrg my batt @35-50% and don't let it go below 35. And I do chrg everynite regardless if its at 60 35 or 50.

03-13-09 09:00 PM
    Another question. With Li-ion batts, is it harmful to it if it is chargeing but before it had a chance to reachh 100% I unplug it.
    As in let's say it reached 80 but I had to go so I unplug it

03-19-09 05:14 PM
    Nope. Not a problem at all. Just give it juice when you can, AVOID low %.
    03-19-09 05:25 PM
    Nope. Not a problem at all. Just give it juice when you can, AVOID low %.
    Thanks

03-19-09 05:49 PM
    How long are your battery runs my goes down the second day.
    iam also guilty of letting it go too low

03-20-09 04:16 AM
    I charge mine every day you cant overcharge a blackberry cause it stops charging when fully charged.
    03-24-09 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD