I got a used Pearl and the battery did fine at first I noticed it had a sticker that had little XXXXX in pink I didn't think nothing of it until three weeks later I had issues with rapid discharging went to my local store even though it was used it glitched in the computer and gave me warranty through my provider the manager just said oh well if the computer gives it warranty she wasn't gonna complain wasn't her money for replacing warranty exchanges anyway. I got a new battery and this one has a solid red line across a white surface so will it turn to pink XXXXX when it goes bad too has anyone experienced this?
    11-09-08 07:28 PM
    That's weird, my old Curve always had the pink XXXXX whatever on the battery since the day I first bought it new from the store
    11-09-08 07:36 PM
    There are some batteries that have the x's and some with the
    line. In either case if the battery is water damaged the sticker
    will bleed to solid pink / red. And water damage is the only
    thing that will make it change color.

And OP, punctuation and spacing would make reading your
    posts much easier.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-09-08 at 07:46 PM.
    11-09-08 07:42 PM
    well like I said mine had it when I got it and it worked for a few weeks then I roamed and it got hot trying to pull data service to load web and check my mail then it would rapid discharge after that so maybe I'll charge the old XXXXX battery up and see if it works since it cooled off for two weeks lol
    11-09-08 07:44 PM
    It sounds like it might be for battery damage. I never noticed that on my batteries but I don't use the RIM one I use a seidio extended battery.
    11-09-08 07:45 PM
    Good idea. Water damage isn't your issue I suspect but just a
    battery that is probably on it's last leg.
    11-09-08 07:46 PM
    how can a battery get waterdamaged though I have dropped new packages of batteries in water when it rains and they all get wet but they still worked? weird
    11-09-08 07:54 PM
    Dropped in toilets, sinks, swimming pools, etc or in my case a cup of tea.

It isn't always the case that they battery will be damaged, but
    it does give the carriers warranty dept. another indication as to
    whether or not the phone itself was exposed to excessive moisture.
    11-09-08 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD