Maybe I am just being sensitive, in fact, I am sure of it...but it use to be that I enjoyed coming to this site to read threads on problem solving, networking, and pertinent blackberry news/info/support. However, it seems mostly all I find is Andorid, iPhone and disgruntled BB owners bashing Blackberry...! I mean really if you dislike the product go elsewhere...stick with the phone you love and leave those of us that actually love Blackberrys to our devices. Sometimes the support and problems thread can get heated with phone issues but do we really need all these random comments on how much better another phone is than BB especially from nonBB users??...at last I checked this site was for Blackberry lovers and abusers...all you h8rz find another site please. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion but just rememeber no true BB lover cares what you think when you bash our beloved devices faults and all. We know about BB shortcomings because we love the devices we don't need haters shouting or debating with us. BB lovers unite and stop added fuel to the fire and just ingore them...LOL. I love Anroid phones and iPhones and any technology that changes the world...but I don't feel the need to bash them just because I enjoy my BB and I certainly would not give up my BB for them. Just my opinion here...now lets actually see how many agree...or see if this will just turn into another thread proving my point.

BB4evr
    Last edited by chadnichols; 10-13-10 at 10:11 AM.
    10-13-10 09:57 AM
    I agrre w/ you all the way untell you express your love of iphone. I simply hate em. I like a lot of other device iphone just aint one of them. Yea it gets agravating to search for something about my phone and just met with post of how BB is junk and slow paper weights.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 10:06 AM
    Discussing the shortcomings of BB isn't hating on BB. I stay here because I still have plenty of knowledge to be helpful, and I like to stay informed of RIM happenings because I wouldn't mind being a BB user again, once some of the key shortcomings have been addressed.

In some of the threads I do stand up for Android or iPhone devices because people sit there and bash on them so as to appear to be making themselves feel better about the devices they've chosen.

Folks should try to realize that every device out there has advantages and disadvantages, and none need to be bashed. There is a huge difference between rationally discussing pros and cons and bashing.

Oh, and by the way, unless you're the owner of this site, you shouldn't be trying to suggest who should and who should not be here. I can guarantee I've helped more folks here than you can imagine, and continue to do so. This is the case with many of the former BB users here.

I hate to break it to you, but the Android and iPhone users you find here aren't just here by chance. Nearly invariably we are here because we are former BB users/enthusiasts and like the people, discussion, and format here, and can even continue to help BB users with our knowledge of the platform.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 10-13-10 at 10:56 AM.
    10-13-10 10:20 AM
    Whats bad is if you go to a Android website and look up a problem with a Android device you never see BB owners in there bashing Android devices. I think most Android owners are just really bored, or something. The way some of them act is just outright pathetic.

I thought Apple fanboys were annoying, but they were never as bad as the google tools that think they are in some kind of make believe army.
    10-13-10 10:21 AM
    I too posted similar comments before. It get very tiring when someone posts a question about a problem they are having and some BB hater posts "switch to android" type post that does not help in any way to the OP.

But I too have to disagree with one of your statements. I hate iPhones or anything Apple.
    10-13-10 10:23 AM
    Whats bad is if you go to a Android website and look up a problem with a Android device you never see BB owners in there bashing Android devices. I think most Android owners are just really bored, or something. The way some of them act is just outright pathetic.

I thought Apple fanboys were annoying, but they were never as bad as the google tools that think they are in some kind of make believe army.
    Yes, and everyone that owns a Blackberry is COMPLETELY rational.
    10-13-10 10:31 AM
    Discussing the shortcomings of BB isn't hating on BB. I stay here because I still have plenty of knowledge to be helpful, and I like to stay informed of RIM happenings because I wouldn't mind being a BB user again, once some of the key shortcomings have been addressed.

In some of the threads I do stand up for Android or iPhone devices because people sit there and bash on them so as to appear to be making themselves feel better about the devices they've chosen.

Folks should try to realize that every device out there has advantages and disadvantages, and none need to be bashed. There is a huge difference between rationally discussing pros and cons and bashing.

Oh, and by the way, unless you're the owner of this site, you shouldn't be trying to suggest who should and who should not be here. I can guarantee I've helped more folks here than you can imagine, and continue to do so.

I hate to break it to you, but the Android and iPhone users you find here aren't just here by chance. Nearly invariably we are here because we are former BB users/enthusiasts and like the people, discussion, and format here, and can even continue to help BB users with our knowledge of the platform.
    I wasn't talking about those that rationally discuss shortcomings I was referring to those that bash. NO need to take offense if you are not intentionally trying to offend current BB fans. Also, please don't insult my intelligence by suggesting that you need to "break it too me" and how helpful you have been LOL!!...obviously my suggestions were not directed towards someone like you. or were they? Good day. Thanks.
    Last edited by chadnichols; 10-13-10 at 11:11 AM.
    10-13-10 11:02 AM
    I wasn't talking about those that rationally discuss shortcomings I was referring to those that bash. NO need to take offense if you are not intentionally trying to offend. Also, please don't insult my intelligence by suggesting that you need to "break it to me" LOL! and how helpful you have been...obviously my suggestions were not directed towards someone like you. or were they? Good day.
    Hard to tell where you were coming from. Some irrational BB users here have gone so far as to be personally insulted when folks are rationally discussing the shortcomings of BB devices as if we were making derogatory comments about their mom or something.

Some folks here can't seem to stand any discussion about the cons (and refer to it as "bashing") and tolerate/acknowledge only BB's pros. Too many think all android and iphone users (including knowledgable former BB users) should hit the road.

Good to find out you aren't one of the irrational users around.
    10-13-10 11:10 AM
    It is the price of progress.

When I found CrackBerry, BlackBerry was top shelf gear.

Back in the early consumer days, our 64 Mb Pearls, Curves and WE were challenged by memory constraints. That was a common new member complaint and we raced each other to diagnose and post the MOP link.

The tradition continues in the vast majority of device Sub-forums, that makes it all worth while.

As a community, we have grown beyond a BlackBerry mono-culture. Members like Sandman can contribute valuable comparison information. I have learned a lot myself about the other guys gear.

We are here to facilitate the sharing of ideas and information. We have to tolerate some of the less mature members who don't share all of our ideals. Time is on our side, eventually they all leave or mature and contribute to the community.

10-13-10 11:25 AM
    Hard to tell where you were coming from. Some irrational BB users here have gone so far as to be personally insulted when folks are rationally discussing the shortcomings of BB devices as if we were making derogatory comments about their mom or something.

Some folks here can't seem to stand any discussion about the cons (and refer to it as "bashing") and tolerate/acknowledge only BB's pros. Too many think all android and iphone users (including knowledgable former BB users) should hit the road.

Good to find out you aren't one of the irrational users around.
    Thanks. I agree!! of course I am sure the flipside is also true with staunch nonBB users fervently defending their phone of choice. It gets way to heavy and too personal...it is FUN to compare devices for the sake of advancing technological growth...but its not like as you stated "...making derogatory comments about their mom..." LOL. So true!!
    10-13-10 11:26 AM
    There is a huge difference between discussing differences like rational people and the cyberbullying that I've noticed around lately, especially the last three or four days. There are folks following other folks from thread to thread, attacking.

We all can get hot under the collar when we're trying to make a point and someone else makes immature statements. I've been guilty of that. I've received one warning, around a year ago. But I've never resorted to the kind of insult, name calling, and mocking that I've witnessed recently.

We can disagree. That's not a problem. But we can do so in a civil manner. Again, I've flown off the handle on occasion and I admit that, but I've never called anyone the names I've been called here. My Da would have taken me round to the back shed and would have had my hide...

And no, being on the forum does not give anyone the right to bash anyone else. Someone on here has a great signature - something to the effect that someone who has to resort to insults displays a lack of intellect, or something similar. If the only way someone has to communicate is to denigrade someone, the only argument one makes is to insult someone personally, that evidences a complete lack of intelligence on that poster's part. There *is* a code of conduct and there *are* posting rules. Yes, I have failed to follow them and I've gotten in trouble. And I left the forum when I was afraid that my anger would cause me to respond in an unacceptable manner. I came back for the Torch and I won't leave, regardless of the cyberbullies. What I find funny is how certain cyberbullies can dish it out, but they sure can't take it. If you turn the tables on them they suddenly become indignant.

None of that is necessary to disagree with someone. I've disagreed with Stu, with Brandon, with Joel....I've tried to keep at least with a civil tongue in my mouth. But lately.....I don't know. Some of these posts make me wonder why certain people are so reactive and so hateful. It goes beyond disagreeing over a piece of plastic with some wiring....they make it personal.
    10-13-10 11:37 AM
    The biggest problem is there is so much dis-information out there. People on all sides who are not willing to see all the pros and cons. Too many people take toy Poodle and make it into a Great Dane.
    10-13-10 11:42 AM
    Well, both have wolves as relatives....
    10-13-10 11:45 AM
    Wait, are y'all saying I missed a chance to stir the pot? JK I like a good discussion, but can do without personal attacks...
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 10-13-10 at 12:00 PM.
    10-13-10 11:55 AM
    I am a blackberry user, and I need the BBM, and BBM only for work, plus I need a world phone because of international travel. When I gripe about blackberry being behind the competition, it is in hopes that they will step up to the plate. Why can't I have a BB with a great high res touchscreen, great browser, and BBM? The technology is available. Only reason is RIM doesn't make this device. Most of the time I read people saying BB does what they need it to do, so it should be fine for everyone. I'm really hoping that QNX based phones change this, but BB needs to get that cow to market soon!
    10-13-10 02:32 PM
    I don't mind reading about others venting about their BBs or wanting to leave BB for another smartphone. I also don't mind people adamantly defending their devices. I think all of these behaviors are normal and can be justified. What I don't understand is why forum members make personal insults to another member because they disagree. To call someone you don't know an ***** or worse because of a discussion concerning phones is outrageous. However, I don't anticipate that type of behavior going away any time soon, so I would suggest that we all grow thick skin and practice better judgment even when others clearly are not.

10-13-10 02:48 PM
    10-13-10 03:28 PM
    Wait, are y'all saying I missed a chance to stir the pot? JK I like a good discussion, but can do without personal attacks...
    Don't worry, love....there's another thread coming on in...10, 9, 8, 7....
    10-13-10 03:40 PM
    I don't mind reading about others venting about their BBs or wanting to leave BB for another smartphone. I also don't mind people adamantly defending their devices. I think all of these behaviors are normal and can be justified. What I don't understand is why forum members make personal insults to another member because they disagree. To call someone you don't know an ***** or worse because of a discussion concerning phones is outrageous. However, I don't anticipate that type of behavior going away any time soon, so I would suggest that we all grow thick skin and practice better judgment even when others clearly are not.

Very good. Thank you for your insights. I do agree mostly, however, I have to disagree with developing a "thickened skin". No one should be expected to become callus and hardened because of an imaturity and hatefulness expressed by people with questionable motives. Turning a blind eye to that kind of offensiveness is the wrong thing to do. Instead, we should stand firm (admonish and report) those kinds of hateful insults. Wouldn't you agree that standing idly by with a thickened skin or hardened heart is somehow perpetuating that kind of insolence? IT'S JUST A PHONE...stand up to bullies in an example setting way! I feel.
    Last edited by chadnichols; 10-13-10 at 03:59 PM.
    10-13-10 03:50 PM
    Agreed. I think back on the playground bully who made life miserable for the kids who were not as strong. I see in this kind of harassment and bullying a reflection back to that kind of behaviour. Just because we don't see each other face to face doesn't mean that we can display the kind of behaviour and aggression that I have recently seen on some posts.
    Sad, that some see polite behaviour as something to ridicule.
    10-13-10 04:05 PM
    I don't like how people bash people on this site for their opinions as well. It is a site for information and I know everyone can benefit from it. All platforms have their pros and cons. There is NO perfect device. But having a choice is what makes this great. If we all liked the same thing, then this would be a very boring world. I respect everyone for what they have and what they want. I don't bash. And we may not like a carrier or a certain device, but there are those who do and we need to respect it.
    10-13-10 05:00 PM
    I don't like how people bash people on this site for their opinions as well. It is a site for information and I know everyone can benefit from it. All platforms have their pros and cons. There is NO perfect device. But having a choice is what makes this great. If we all liked the same thing, then this would be a very boring world. I respect everyone for what they have and what they want. I don't bash. And we may not like a carrier or a certain device, but there are those who do and we need to respect it.

I am beginning to smile again...as we all should!!! I couldn't have said it more succintly. Thank you!

Adults having adult conversations it is what fuels good healthy debate...for heavens sakes if we talk to each other so insensitively how can we possibly expect the youth to behave.
    10-13-10 06:58 PM
    The biggest thing the folks don't seem to realize is that even if they dislike a certain platform, that platform is helping push the other manufacturers to rethink, innovate, and improve their product. Without competition to push the market forward, we'd still be back in the stone age.

Don't get too caught up in your chosen platform that talk of its' shortcomings makes you feel insulted. At the end of the day it is just an electronic device, and if it does what you want, great.
    10-13-10 07:09 PM
    There is way too many registered members here for any of what you all describe to happen. What happens here is inevitable, you either take it or leave it...
    10-13-10 07:17 PM
    There's always room/need for facts
    Facts give us information we need to make
    "Informed" choices
    What I hate is needless excuses (often downright lies) people
    "Dream" up to defend what is nothing more
    Than 'a phone' (not a loved one)

10-14-10 02:55 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD