Hey guys,

With the ALCS and NLCS heating up to determine the teams for this years World Series, I'm wondering what everyone uses to get up to the minute scores, etc on their BB?

Sprint pushes the MLB app to the Tour, however gameday audio is a subscription only service. wap.mlb.com or m.mlb.com both offer live scoreboards and other information, however I am looking for something more in depth for when on the go-and for free, if possible.

I don't remember what service or site I used back when I had my nextel 9700i, but I was able to see who was on base, at bat, strikes/balls, etc all live and free on my berry...don't remember if this was the mlb site or a sprint/nextel service at the time but it was free, and it was great for when on the go. I checked Sprint TV and unfortunately none of their free channels are covering the alcs. I presume they will broadcast the world series, as they are a sponsor...but I don't know, and of course sprint cs hasn't a clue.

So fellow ball fans, what are you all using to stay up to date on the game, or for live coverage? I'm looking for a free alternative....

Appreciate any input!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 02:32 PM
    Hey guys,

With the ALCS and NLCS heating up to determine the teams for this years World Series, I'm wondering what everyone uses to get up to the minute scores, etc on their BB?
    The absolute finest, best and most fantastic sports app available is ScoreMobile for BlackBerry.

It's free and it's FANTASTIC.

If you are looking for all the info you need to know on your Berry about what is going on in MLB, you can't possibly do any better than ScoreMobile. I use it all day every day and can't live without it.

(did I mention ... Goooooo Dodgers? ... LOL)
    10-18-09 03:10 PM
    ESPN mobile app, gamecast...or the mlb mobile app. Refresh is a little slow depending on service but it works. Or if I don't need to constantly follow I will text the name of the team to "google"..now that the Cubs are done I am just a watcher not a fan. Anyone but the Yankees

10-18-09 03:23 PM
    ESPN mobile app, gamecast...or the mlb mobile app. Refresh is a little slow depending on service but it works. Or if I don't need to constantly follow I will text the name of the team to "google"..now that the Cubs are done I am just a watcher not a fan. Anyone but the Yankees

I'm guessing when you say ESPN mobile app or MLB mobile app you are just talking about the mobile website launchers that you download from the mobile site. If there is an ESPN mobile app, I would love to know, because that would be tha shiznit!

Anyway, I use ScoreMobile to follow my scores, even though I perfer NFL to MLB... It has a ton of different sport leagues, plus access to news articles, stats etc. It's nice because you can set the app to run in the background and update itself every 5 or whatever minutes. It's a must have...

10-18-09 03:32 PM
    ScoreMobile is awesome.

ESPN on the mobile site is very good as well.
    10-18-09 03:39 PM
    Excellent - thx for the feedback. Am checking out ScoreMobile now...surprisingly enough, I've never heard of it. Did a quick search and it seems wildly popular. Thx again!

10-18-09 03:43 PM
    ScoreMobile FTW
    10-18-09 04:01 PM
    Espn or mlb

10-19-09 09:24 AM
    +1 on score mobile

10-19-09 09:56 AM
    Another vote here for scoremobile. Can't believe its free! Works great! Just try it-its free!

10-19-09 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD