I have the bank of america app. however .. the location finder seems to not work. it says "please check your device's GPS or WiFi settings to be sure they are enabled" any help?
    03-28-09 06:47 PM
    Verizon locks its users from normally using the GPS with anything other than BBmaps or VZ Navigator. You can check my guide in this section and try it to see if it helps you.

A Real Fix for Broken GPS - Guide v1.0
    03-29-09 01:00 AM
    I figured it out thanks!
    03-30-09 12:02 AM
    So how exactly did you get the app to load your GPS? Always looking for other users experiences to add information to my guide =P
    03-30-09 12:05 AM
    well actually the reason it wasn't working in the first place was because I had deleted bb maps a while ago. Turns out that in order for your device to use it's GPS (in any app such as google maps, or Bank of America app) you need to have bb maps installed.... So to prove my theory, i re-installed my bb maps and everything worked fine again including my google maps...

I have another question though, is there a way for bank of america app to use the google maps for its atm locator instead of the bb maps, because it is awfully slow
    03-30-09 12:38 AM
    Wow, never heard that you need bbmaps for it to use gps. may just be a verizon thing =P. Not sure as I haven't tried the app myself. There may be a way to change which map program it uses by default. Check the options under the BoA app as well as under the GPS settings under Options > Advanced > Maps. Maybe you can change it from BBmaps to gmaps
    03-30-09 03:56 PM
    it sucks... google maps isnt even listed under the Options>Advanced>Maps ... it just lists bb maps.... and theres no option in the boa app to change the default mapping program... arghhh
    04-05-09 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD