The only complaint I have is ATT Passport sucked right out of the box which might hurt sales in the US. Mine for example...super nice device, nice spec's but I HAD to install a leaked OS, and a lot of communication went on with other members in order to learn how to do that. Now with 10.3.2.798 things are up to Par. But for the average consumer....adding a leak to a 640 dollar device right off the bat would **** them off enough to look at other devices. I hope ATT pushes updates for BB...I know I got tired of waiting and took matters into my own hands. As always, background Apps and tasks running behind the scenes can decrease battery life...but savvy users usually know how to handle that. I know the Passport is perfect for the way I roll but might not be for others. Maybe the old BBOS is for some and BB10 for others.Either way though, the more choices one has no matter what the OS is a good thing.

ρō�┬Єđ bұ mұ Ů�� ρÚ�ρōЯ┬.
    06-12-15 11:07 PM
    Hey... You like it, I love it

Although the S6Edge is arguably the best consumer device on the market right now. I understand that people like what they like. 👍
    I bought it as a toy. Something to investigate. The Edge alerts intrigued me enough to want to check it out first hand. (I DID enjoy it, but it wasn't enough to make me lust after the phone, nor find it of significant value.) Found the device interesting and entertaining, but overall worthless as far as fitting my needs... It may in fact 'arguably' be the 'best consumer device on the market' (for TODAY anyways), but considering what the overall general average populous heralds as far as their 'wants' and 'needs' are concerned, this 'fact', its' selling point, is ultimately moot... Herd mentality always makes for fascinating case studies... especially as it pertains to consumerism. The general population spends more time composing meme's and updating their relationship statuses on Facebook while working hard on their score in whatever game is #1 on their respective app markets this week than they do perpetuating anything of actual worth. This mentality has prioritized what the mainstream wants and needs in a phone which does not align with what I personally see as priorities. While majority rule IS front and center in marketing (with good cause, as it IS all about turning a profit in the end, is it not?), it doesn't encompass us all. Some of us require something more... Being the minority isn't something that concerns me, in fact, I view it as virtue, especially when it comes to a tech piece as intimate and potentially vulnerable as one's mobile device...

Posted via CB10
    fishlove73 and idssteve like this.
    06-13-15 06:56 AM
    Doesn't matter. Probably more of a statement than anything else. Keep in mind he tried a few times to bring an NHL team to the thriving metropolis of Hamilton, ON. I question his judgment either way.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.2.2204 / Telus
    06-13-15 07:50 AM
    Guys think about Jim's personality...he is a private, direct and efficient communications business man. Not an Instagram posting, game playing dude.

Posted via CB10
    He's far from that. The guy is a major a*s. Just ask the NHL.
    He's as much responsible for the decline of BlackBerry as anyone in top level of management at that time.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 09:45 AM
    I bought it as a toy. Something to investigate. The Edge alerts intrigued me enough to want to check it out first hand. (I DID enjoy it, but it wasn't enough to make me lust after the phone, nor find it of significant value.) Found the device interesting and entertaining, but overall worthless as far as fitting my needs... It may in fact 'arguably' be the 'best consumer device on the market' (for TODAY anyways), but considering what the overall general average populous heralds as far as their 'wants' and 'needs' are concerned, this 'fact', its' selling point, is ultimately moot... Herd mentality always makes for fascinating case studies... especially as it pertains to consumerism. The general population spends more time composing meme's and updating their relationship statuses on Facebook while working hard on their score in whatever game is #1 on their respective app markets this week than they do perpetuating anything of actual worth. This mentality has prioritized what the mainstream wants and needs in a phone which does not align with what I personally see as priorities. While majority rule IS front and center in marketing (with good cause, as it IS all about turning a profit in the end, is it not?), it doesn't encompass us all. Some of us require something more... Being the minority isn't something that concerns me, in fact, I view it as virtue, especially when it comes to a tech piece as intimate and potentially vulnerable as one's mobile device...

Posted via CB10
    ^^^^^ This x1000!!! Excellent post.

06-13-15 10:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    I used to share in this mentality. However, I disagree, to a certain extent, with the general feeling I surmised from your post.

Take my use case, for example. I have an iPhone 6 Plus. I'm a full-time college student studying software development, operating systems, and computer science and right now I'm an IT Intern at my company. I rely on emails communications on a daily basis with various professors, colleagues, and managers. I rely heavily on my calendar to schedule meetings and, during the semester, organize my classes and assignments. In my spare time, though, I iMessage or FaceTime my friends and family, I post and like pictures on Instagram, I send and look at pictures sent to me through Snapchat, I tweet, I update my Facebook status, and occasionally, I'll play a top game in the App Store.

The reason I stated this is because my use case seems to be a superset of yours (as far as from what I can tell from your post). You seemed to place yourself on a kind of moral high ground because you use your device strictly for emails, texts, and phone calls, and subsequently stated that you needed "more" from your device, when, to me, it seems you ask significantly much less of your device than I do. Again, I'm only assuming from what you've posted. I, too, used to think that I was a superior user because I used a BlackBerry and prioritized my emails and phone calls over apps. But since getting an iPhone, my priorities haven't changed and I don't feel I've lost a step when it comes to tackling those priorities.

Just a short while ago, the only thing our phones were "meant" to do was to place and accept calls. Anything else was extra. After that, emails suddenly became something a phone "had to do." Anything else was extra. Then came web browsing. Soon, we got apps. Now, the standard for saying what a phone should and shouldn't be capable of doing has risen considerably. At least for me, I "need" (because, really, do any of us really REALLY need these things?) a phone that can receive emails, texts, phone calls, Snapchats, has a camera, can tweet, and do all the other things I mentioned before.

Anyway, it seems to me that when you said you needed something a little "more" from your phone, I think you really meant "more focused," with that focus being on emails, texts, and phone calls.
    06-13-15 02:09 PM
    I rely on emails communications on a daily basis with various professors, colleagues, and managers. I rely heavily on my calendar to schedule meetings and, during the semester, organize my classes and assignments. In my spare time, though, I iMessage or FaceTime my friends and family, I post and like pictures on Instagram, I send and look at pictures sent to me through Snapchat, I tweet, I update my Facebook status, and occasionally, I'll play a top game in the App Store.
    All of this I am able to accomplish with my BlackBerry sans iMessage and FaceTime (which are interchangeable with BBM) Snapchat and Facebook I do not use. Nor am I one for playing games on my device, I don't see the point. There are far better gaming options than a mobile device anyways, in my opinion that type of entertainment is better suited for a tablet. If I feel the need game I have both a 7 and 10inch tablet that are lovely for just that. Although that scenario doesn't happen very often.

Anyway, it seems to me that when you said you needed something a little "more" from your phone, I think you really meant "more focused," with that focus being on emails, texts, and phone calls.
    While your attempts at psychoanalysis are commendable, you've seemed to taken my remarks out of context as my use of terminology RE: "wanting more" was meant in relation to needing more than simply public validation via top selling device sales figures to justify my device choice as per my response to the reply made prior that referenced the Edge S6 as being 'arguably' the 'best selling consumer device' at the moment. Simply stated that while majority rule matters in marketing and has prioritized what the mainstream feels they want and need in a device ultimately means ZERO to some of us out here who simply prioritize far differently...

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 02:37 PM
    Passport specs:*
    4.5-inch, 1440x1440 LCD display
    2.26GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 chip
    13MP camera with HDR, OIS
    3,450mAh battery
    Stereo speakers

iPhone 6 Plus key specs:
    5.5-inch, 1080p LCD display
    1.4GHz dual-core A8 processor
    8MP camera
    2,915mAh battery

Again, that would be a no.

Sorry bud the passport couldn't hold the 6 plus's jock.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    06-13-15 04:05 PM
    A productivity device without the option to swap the battery isn't very productive.

There is no need for comon man, bb10 lacks customization, macros and a programmable led plus themes. Gestures are complicated and often don't work pressing a physical button always works.

Blackberry should have focused on increasing the functions of their proven and well designed os
    I put my passport on the charger every night with between 60 and 70% battery remaining. I've watched videos all day and still made it until bed time. So I can't imagine the non-removable battery ever being an issue. For anyone.

LED has been programmable since 10.3, earlier with a couple apps from BBW, and those have been able to run headless since 10.2.1, I believe.

Gestures are complicated? Really? They are far more productive than buttons and they make the entire OS to flow. They work at least 99% on my passport. Z10 was perfect. The only issue I have on my passport is swipe to wake sometimes doesn't work. But there's a button for that. Other than that, they are 100%.

I'm willing to bet you've never owned a BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 07:16 PM
    I put my passport on the charger every night with between 60 and 70% battery remaining. I've watched videos all day and still made it until bed time. So I can't imagine the non-removable battery ever being an issue. For anyone.

LED has been programmable since 10.3, earlier with a couple apps from BBW, and those have been able to run headless since 10.2.1, I believe.

Gestures are complicated? Really? They are far more productive than buttons and they make the entire OS to flow. They work at least 99% on my passport. Z10 was perfect. The only issue I have on my passport is swipe to wake sometimes doesn't work. But there's a button for that. Other than that, they are 100%.

I'm willing to bet you've never owned a BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    The thing about removable batteries is more than just battery life. What about macros, themes and all that other stuff ?

Yes gestures are complicated and they aren't as easy to pull as a simple button press especially not in one handed usage situations and other stuff.

Yes, I've never owned one and never will because the BB 9900 has everything I need from a phone used only for work. I'm pressing D 2 times and it automatically shows my the most important clients group, b 2 times calls my boss and b 1 time opens the browser. I know BB 10 can do the later but it for sure can't do macro stuff which is just awesome.

When I need a fast phone I'll gladly use my rooted and fully customized Note 4 even 11 months after it's release its still a beast of a phone. All people wanted from BB was an improved BB 9900 and not losing features that really defined BB as a productivity device..if they delivered on that they wouldn't be in the mess they are right now.
    06-15-15 03:38 AM
    Sorry bud the passport couldn't hold the 6 plus's jock.

Posted via CB10
    Pfft!

℘ℴƽ�ℯđ √�� �ƽ� ℘�ƽƽ℘ℴř�
    06-15-15 10:37 AM
    Plus there's always this factor :

https://freedomhacker.net/fappening-...oto-leak-4278/

Glad I'm on Blackberry.

℘ℴƽ�ℯđ √�� �ƽ� ℘�ƽƽ℘ℴř�
    06-15-15 10:40 AM
    Plus there's always this factor :

https://freedomhacker.net/fappening-...oto-leak-4278/

Glad I'm on Blackberry.

℘ℴƽ�ℯđ √�� �ƽ� ℘�ƽƽ℘ℴř�
    Nothing to do with iPhone or iOS. Already been shown to be wrong on this front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    06-15-15 10:42 AM
    Nothing to do with iPhone or iOS. Already been shown to be wrong on this front.

"Apple�s iCloud investigation concluded actresses accounts had been accessed due to weak passwords and phishing attempts. Actresses were told to follow instructions and reset their password, leading the FBI to conclude that hackers gained access to their accounts through phishing emails, tricking the victims into sending the hacker their information."

Sure....nothing to do with Apple at all. " nothing to see here" lol

℘ℴƽ�ℯđ √�� �ƽ� ℘�ƽƽ℘ℴř�
    06-15-15 01:02 PM
    Had dinner with a very nice young lady Friday night. Her personal phone was an iPhone 4 and her work phone was a Bold 9900. She works for Morgan Stanley. Showed her my Classic. She was like, wow its so big and nice...who doesn't like hearing that on the first date?

Posted via CB10 with my AT&T Classic
    06-15-15 01:06 PM
    "Apple�s iCloud investigation concluded actresses accounts had been accessed due to weak passwords and phishing attempts. Actresses were told to follow instructions and reset their password, leading the FBI to conclude that hackers gained access to their accounts through phishing emails, tricking the victims into sending the hacker their information."

Sure....nothing to do with Apple at all. " nothing to see here" lol

℘ℴƽ�ℯđ √�� �ƽ� ℘�ƽƽ℘ℴř�
    You're trying to compare BlackBerry device security with Apple service security. Do you see how those are two different things? BlackBerry has no equivalent service at that. You've yet to explain how BlackBerry devices are more secure than Apple's.

06-15-15 01:06 PM
    You're trying to compare BlackBerry device security with Apple service security. Do you see how those are two different things? BlackBerry has no equivalent service at that. You've yet to explain how BlackBerry devices are more secure than Apple's.

You wouldn't be saying that if you knew how poor Apple's security was. There was no brute force mitigation. That alone is indefensible. Keeping files that should be deleted is another.

There's no argument to be made here except take it on the chin and do better next time.

Posted via CB10
    RyanGermann likes this.
    06-15-15 02:35 PM
    You wouldn't be saying that if you knew how poor Apple's security was. There was no brute force mitigation. That alone is indefensible. Keeping files that should be deleted is another.

There's no argument to be made here except take it on the chin and do better next time.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. My point here is not that Apple has more secure devices or services than BlackBerry, but that comparing the security of Apple's services to BlackBerry's devices is an uneven comparison. Saying that something like that hack "can't happen on a BlackBerry" is inaccurate as: 1) BlackBerry doesn't have a cloud service akin to iCloud and 2) while it's unlikely that an exploit in BlackBerry's services could lead to a hack, it's still always possible.

06-15-15 03:18 PM
    It does not matter at all!
    06-16-15 04:14 AM
    My cousin works for a glass company. The owner's dad started the company in the 50's, and he took over around 1980. They are still using a custom DOS-based accounting and inventory system from 1986, which, while "paid for", actually costs them a lot more money because everything has to be entered by hand and printed out - there is no support to get data in or out any other way. But the owner knows the system and likes it, and so spends whatever it takes to keep it going rather than upgrading to something new that he'd have to learn. Needless to say all the employees hate it, and it's horribly inefficient, but he's the owner and he gets what he wants.
    What's wrong with that? Windows was still based on DOS. The employees probably wants access to FB while at work and YouTube. I totally support him.

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    06-16-15 09:47 AM
    What's wrong with that? Windows was still based on DOS. The employees probably wants access to FB while at work and YouTube. I totally support him.
    No, the employees would like to be able to export the inventory and orders into their accounting software, instead of manually re-entering everything. They'd like to be able to create modern reports, and to create new ones as needed, but in order to do this, they have to look up figures in the old system and manually enter them into Excel or whatever, and that's so time-intensive that it usually just doesn't happen, because the company doesn't want to pay for the time to do it, and so it is very difficult to even know how efficient the company is doing.

Such reports weren't created for no reason - they have a very real value when running a business. But it's not the "old way", so the owner isn't willing to change. Needless to say, business is down, as they are having trouble competing with their more modern competitors. The employees are worried about their jobs and about the legacy of this 60 year old company.
    06-16-15 04:46 PM
    I guess that shows how far they were behind the 8 ball.. stuck in the 'good ole days'

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 04:48 PM
    Had dinner with a very nice young lady Friday night. Her personal phone was an iPhone 4 and her work phone was a Bold 9900. She works for Morgan Stanley. Showed her my Classic. She was like, wow its so big and nice...who doesn't like hearing that on the first date?

Posted via CB10 with my AT&T Classic
    Unfortunately it was just the phone in your pocket lol
    06-17-15 04:30 AM
    At the end of a rough day, I have a choice. TOO, many nights during the week I leave my fixed batt Classic, Passport, & Z30 locked in the desk charging, swap batts in my 99 & head for the bus. Why? Simply because I LIKE the thing. Especially when already fatigued.
    CivilDissident likes this.
    06-24-15 06:28 AM
124 ... 345