Who cares?
    06-11-15 09:18 AM
    Good for him the bold 9900 is the best phone BlackBerry ever made which is very telling
    Witmen and jmr1015 like this.
    06-11-15 09:20 AM
    Wwowowowow.

Are you telling me the Classic has the ability to switch between apps via alt+back?!?!? I DID NOT KNOW THIS AND AM SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW

Posted via CB10
    I actually have no idea as to whether it can do that or not. Never used it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-11-15 09:22 AM
    It does not matter at all...
    06-11-15 09:41 AM
    Sometimes I wonder if some CrackBerry users use the device that meets their needs best or just love whatever BlackBerry happened to put out most recently.

For example, this forum is filled with people who bought the Z10, called it the best smartphone ever, then went out and bought a Q10 as soon as it launched, which was also the best phone ever, until they went out and bought a Z30. A Passport. A Classic. So on. We have some people here who have bought 4 or 5 different BlackBerry 10 smartphones.

If BlackBerry 10 devices are so great, why does it seem like so many people here have to keep upgrading each and every time a new one comes out?

I think the same fanboy logic causes the hate for BBOS we see now. BBOS was great, the best ever and meet their needs perfectly - until BlackBerry put out something else.

It seems like while a lot of the fanboys are busy upgrading to and loving, whatever "new thing with a BlackBerry logo" that comes along, the people who actually use a BlackBerry because it is the best device for their needs might be content with what they. Which for most of them, is BBOS.
    06-11-15 09:49 AM
    This is why he is no longer in charge. he doesn't move forward. but if its working for him why should he change. if it isn't broke don't fix it.
    passport1 likes this.
    06-11-15 09:52 AM
    Guys think about Jim's personality...he is a private, direct and efficient communications business man. Not an Instagram posting, game playing dude.
    So am I and I have a Z30.

But I'll join the "this does not matter" party.

If BlackBerry 10 devices are so great, why does it seem like so many people here have to keep upgrading each and every time a new one comes out?
    Quite simple: Same software, better hardware, new features.

Z10 > Q10 = You gain Miracast and battery power
    Q10 > Z30 = You gain USB OTG and better processor
    Z30 > Passport = You gain better battery, camera, processor and screen realstate

The software is indeed amazing and better hardware only makes it more amazing.

The Classic... Ok, I'll give you that one. Fanboy service.
    Last edited by diegonei; 06-11-15 at 10:28 AM.
    06-11-15 10:17 AM
    This is why BlackBerry is in the position it is right now, because the old regime were baffoons and couldn't grasp life beyond OS7

Posted via CB Z30
    What he said. Lazaridus or however you spell his name never decided to listen to what the strong fanbase was suggesting. New OS, apps, apps, apps, no battery pulls. They didn't seem to get it. They believe OS7 is the best thing since sliced bread. I loved OS7 and I still do but it's just much too slow to get things done like my passport can. The technology is too old to keep up. I'm surprised that he's still able to use it as his daily driver if it's true.

Posted via my Classic Passport
    06-11-15 11:01 AM
    He is consistant. A consistant twit.
    Cant say we miss him.

Via my HTC One M9...
    06-11-15 11:41 AM
    That's been discussed at length, there does appear to be many paid posters here who try and slam bbos for no reason and refuse to accept for many like Jim it's still the best option out there.

That's one of the reason I hardly post anymore, crackberry seems to have become a bunch of paid posters hell bent on slamming all bbos users... What they don't get is slamming a bb user makes no sense as they'll most likely leave for android or iOS, what we need is a better bb10 rethink then these hidden small improvement releases with no change to a os that isn't being well adopted by the masses and extremely niche. Everytime a new update comes out I have to dig through threads and stupid number of threads to try figure what's changed, is it worth the update vs risk of instability slow down Yadda Yadda.
    Rather then laugh at JB, how about be pissed at Chen the bb10 is still essentially the same thing that TH launched and still not being accepted and not focusing on a rethink of it to make more universally appealing. They have 3 good in phones, still lack a killer all and a soon nice slider but still being adopting because of the bb10 failure and yet no evidence they are going to fix their biggest weakness, the bb10 user interface!!!!
    If you're updating an official release, how high is the risk of instability? If you're installing a leak, sure you have to dig through forums and whatnot, but that's the risk associated with a leak, no?

Re: BB10 being the same under Chen as it was under Heins, I'm not too sure how Chen could change it. The OS is on it's third minor release. If things looked the same on, say, OS 11, sure then I could agree with what you're saying. I'm sure that there's a development path that the OS is following, so I wouldn't be pissed with Chen at all. If anything, it was while he was in charge that BB10 got the Amazon App store which was a huge step in the right direction.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 12:42 PM
    Maybe like how so many people line up for new iPhones..

I think to some degree we take for granted what a smartphone is capable of with a notion of antiquity if you don't keep up with or go big with fast moving tech. I personally could probably get by with a 5 year old Curve but prefer to use BB10 and after trying a few devices myself at the opportunity of affordable pricing on a couple am landing on the device that best suits me!

Many might see an iPhone 4S or Q5 as being old rather than a smaller, capable offering, if maybe not being made anymore) but still supported with the most current updates..
    06-11-15 01:07 PM
    Maybe like how so many people line up for new iPhones..
    That's once a year. A little different than the people who own both a Passport and a Classic or the folks who got a Z10, Q5, Z30 and a Q10 at launch. Isn't it?
    jmr1015 likes this.
    06-11-15 01:23 PM
    That's once a year. A little different than the people who own both a Passport and a Classic or the folks who got a Z10, Q5, Z30 and a Q10 at launch. Isn't it?
    I agree that may seem like an abundance to me. Maybe some want to hold onto one device for a long time and others like to collect Me, I like to go play with the Classic and Leap at the mall even at the place of a carrier I don't use and think of how I want one of each of those too for some reason,
    06-11-15 01:40 PM
    Nothing wrong with being a collector.... as long as you can afford it.
    21stNow likes this.
    06-11-15 01:42 PM
    This site attracts supporters, fans and enthusiasts. These are the people who want to have a personal experience with their favorite products. Some aren't satisfied with just reading or watching a review or playing with a display model in a store. This isn't that different from a sport fan who goes to all the home games instead of "settling" for watching the game on TV.
    06-11-15 02:05 PM
    I agree that may seem like an abundance to me. Maybe some want to hold onto one device for a long time and others like to collect Me, I like to go play with the Classic and Leap at the mall even at the place of a carrier I don't use and think of how I want one of each of those too for some reason,
    I used to be that way myself. I've had at least 50 BlackBerry phones over the years. Not sure why I did it (ok it is probably because I was a huge fanboy), but I was buying every new one that came out. Then I got to where I was getting them for free starting with the launch of the PlayBook. I did buy a Q10 with my own money, but the double typing and missing features from legacy soured me a bit so I returned it and never looked back.

I can understand why the collecting happens. In my case, it was certainly more about collecting/supporting the company than meeting my needs.

Can anyone imagine what BB10's market share would be if it weren't for the folks who collect them?
    06-11-15 02:17 PM
    Hearing that the one of the founders of BlackBerry is using an older, obsolete model instead of the latest and greatest makes me curious as to what he doesn't like about the newest models, and what the older phone is doing right that the current gen isn't.

It's like hearing Steve Jobs is using an iPhone 3gs instead of a 6+. Pourquoi?

Posted via CB10

LOL. Some people just don't like to change. Old jeans, 25 year/old boots(my wife still tries to throw away), etc... I have no problem with qwerty keyboard devices. However, if a full touch, slider, or a cool folder comes along, I'll review those as well. It's always good for consumers to have options.
    06-11-15 02:29 PM
    As for the post about Chen vs, JB... As far as I'm concerned, I think Chen is doing a bad job at the helm.. Bb isn't growing.. It's stagnant.. All that's happened the losses are less, but still losses.. Zero indication of a turnaround to attract new user and barely doing the job of retaining it's current base. He'll, can't even get a white classic in canada!! So they have colors only locked to certain areas, what utter nonsense.

That fact stands, bb10 in it's current iteration isn't cutting it and needs to be revamped and he's not doing that.. Eventually the bbos base will leave cause if they haven't upgraded now what will make them.. If it bb10 stays as is.. and all current bb10 will be left high and dry when the bb business device side fails.. He needs to fix bb10 to attract all legacy users to upgrade and also attract the masses back. It's not the devices but the os that's stopping a true recovery from happening..

So JB like the majority of bb users are still waiting for a reason to upgrade and Neither TH or Chen has done that.. Why.. Cause maybe.. Just maybe JB was more on the ball then MikeL understanding I what the bb users wanted in devices and os. Too bad we never saw what JB wanted the os to become...
    06-11-15 04:12 PM
    This site attracts supporters, fans and enthusiasts. These are the people who want to have a personal experience with their favorite products. Some aren't satisfied with just reading or watching a review or playing with a display model in a store. This isn't that different from a sport fan who goes to all the home games instead of "settling" for watching the game on TV.
    So if you buy pretty much every phone BlackBerry has released since introducing BB10, sometimes buying multiples of the same device (black Passport & red, black Z30 & white, etc etc etc) you're just an enthusiastic fan and supporter... But of course anyone with a even a slightly similar level of interest in iPhones, like buying one a year or one every 2 year contract cycle, well they're just an iSheep and a follower and got suckered by marketing and just play games because it's a toy and downloads millions of fart apps...
    06-11-15 07:28 PM
    Founder of Crackberry disappears from a site he founded after several BB10 fumbles and uninspiring launches, and now one of the original founders of Blackberry refuses to use a BB10 device-instead opting for a legacy device, lol. I wonder if Thorsten still uses a Blackberry.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-11-15 07:43 PM
    I'm sure Jim Can afford a passport if he wanted one .
    Hey Captain, I was referring to Jobs being dead a few years, hence not being on a 6+.
    06-11-15 08:20 PM
    So if you buy pretty much every phone BlackBerry has released since introducing BB10, sometimes buying multiples of the same device (black Passport & red, black Z30 & white, etc etc etc) you're just an enthusiastic fan and supporter... But of course anyone with a even a slightly similar level of interest in iPhones, like buying one a year or one every 2 year contract cycle, well they're just an iSheep and a follower and got suckered by marketing and just play games because it's a toy and downloads millions of fart apps...
    You make a good point (people with money spend it on things they love, because they can), but for some reason, when Ralph from the Howard Stern show said he was getting several iWatches before it was released, I lost my ****. I think even Howard (who gets every new model as its released) thought it was pretty over the top.
    06-11-15 08:25 PM
    Well soon enough I'll maybe be one still using a BB10 device after the recent report in BlackBerry's considerations :| Not that I know enough about it necessarily being a bad thing..

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 08:36 PM
    In my opinion, BlackBerry 10 was an attempt at BlackBerry trying to be a better iOS than iOS. From the UI one can tell BB10 was taking a lot of cues from a ton of different design patterns from many different examples of software, but the final product most closely resembled iOS (amongst the most popular operating systems in the market). I think BlackBerry thought that many would take to a more elegant (at the time, in my opinion) interface and a more user-centered operating system that was also unique in its navigation. But it never really was able to capture iOS's greatest strength; the ecosystem. The combination of first-party apps, support, and services coupled with the vast amount of third-party app support is what makes the iPhone the most complete package in mobile. BlackBerry was never able to bring BB10 to that level, so it ended up being a worse iOS than iOS.

Since late 2013, BlackBerry's focus on Android development, to me, kinda went against everything the old co-CEOs stood for. It also pushed away a lot of native talent. This was further solidified with 10.3 and subsequent releases. In my own experiences, Android apps on BB10 never ran as well as on Android. Of course, this is expected, to an extent. But I feel the experience is quite bad, especially when native apps perform so incredibly well. It's a huge and noticeable difference. So now, I feel that BlackBerry 10 is kind of a worse Android than Android, in that respect.

And then, to many people, BlackBerry 10 is a worse version of BlackBerry OS, so much so that many (like Mr. Balsillie) refuse to switch to a newer device. BlackBerry tried to do a lot with BB10, but in that transition, lost many features and hooks that brought users to BlackBerry in the first place.

When BlackBerry 10 came out, I loved it. I thought it was the greatest operating system in the world. I thought the Z10 and, later that year, the Z30 were the two best devices ever made. I always believed BlackBerry would be the one to challenge Apple and iOS and that it would, eventually, convince developers that BlackBerry 10 was a platform of promise worth investing in. But BlackBerry seemed to be moving in a path that no longer saw at me as a consumer and what I wanted. There's no device out there that makes everyone happy. That's why we have choice. Thankfully for Jim, he has a choice of whether to upgrade to BB10 or stay with his 9900. If that's what makes him happy, then who are we to tell him what he should be using?
    06-11-15 08:54 PM
    I couldn't tell from your post if you agreed with me or disagreed with me, though it looks like the latter.

Let's get this out of the way first: I never called any one person or group of people iSheep because I hate the term for many reasons and own (but not very fond of) some Apple devices.

I would have made this same post about iPhones, Android phones and Windows Phones, as well. I'm a phone and tablet collector myself! I understand people buying multiple BB10 devices, even though I only own one. I have bought three Nokia Windows phones, partially because I wanted to support Nokia before they were bought out by Microsoft. I have had most Nexus phones (I missed the first one) and own every Samsung Note phone released in the US.

One of my closest friends buys one of every Apple product line's new releases. I know many other people who use mostly Apple products and can explain why Apple products benefit their workflows or personal tastes/habits. I wouldn't call these people followers just because they own Apple products. Are there followers that own Apple products? I'm sure that there are many, just as there are with any product. But every Apple product owner is not a follower.
    donemt likes this.
    06-11-15 08:57 PM
124 12345