It seems the folks at BlackBerry take some input from CB, that being said, I think it would be a good idea to be able to use balance without bes. I'd like to make it a kid zone. This way I can put kids games there and not have to worry about them getting into any my personal stuff ie emails, settings..... then simply ask for a password to get back. I guess that defeats the true purpose of balance, but a native app that does the same would be nice. Either way, balance should be open for every one, with bes users having more functionality .....

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 11:25 AM
    It would be a good alternative to windows phones "kid zone". I've always liked the idea of being able to use balance without bes. Could have a lot of uses
    03-01-13 11:29 AM
    I believe a lot of people would like it and use it and would really set BlackBerry apart from others. Being able to partition your phone would be a real game changer......without bes off course

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 11:39 AM
    I was really disappointed to learn that we couldn't use Balance without BES - I use my personal phone for work, and they don't use BES10, they use Exchange Active Sync; so I have a device password, and everything in one Hub. I'd LOVE to have my work emails in my Work partition and personal emails in my personal partition. User-controlled Balance would be amazing!
    03-01-13 03:30 PM
    Good Idea. I believe that Windows Phone has a kid zone type of thing. Just have your kids install games or whatever they want and there isn't a chance that they could mess up your stuff.
    03-02-13 07:26 AM
    It seems the folks at BlackBerry take some input from CB, that being said, I think it would be a good idea to be able to use balance without bes. I'd like to make it a kid zone. This way I can put kids games there and not have to worry about them getting into any my personal stuff ie emails, settings..... then simply ask for a password to get back. I guess that defeats the true purpose of balance, but a native app that does the same would be nice. Either way, balance should be open for every one, with bes users having more functionality .....

Posted via CB10
    I've already suggested this when we visited BB HQ in January, they're looking into it. It makes perfect sense.
    03-02-13 07:55 AM
    Totally agree. Our company doesn't use BES but rather gives us the new phone for us to setup (other than wi-fi setting etc) so I don't get the benefits of the bberry balance which is one of the reasons I decided to stay with bberry. Hummm, hope somebody at bberry listens to your post and that a new OS version with this feature comes out soon.
    03-05-13 02:31 PM
    Parental controls. You're welcome.

Posted via CB10 from my Z
    03-05-13 03:00 PM
    Parental controls. You're welcome.

has nothing at all in common with a kid zone
    03-05-13 03:03 PM
    Are you kidding me?

03-05-13 03:06 PM
    I was really disappointed to learn that we couldn't use Balance without BES - I use my personal phone for work, and they don't use BES10, they use Exchange Active Sync; so I have a device password, and everything in one Hub. I'd LOVE to have my work emails in my Work partition and personal emails in my personal partition. User-controlled Balance would be amazing!
    Just to be clear, you use your own phone on the company's Exchange network? Have they said why they don't want BES, or is it just an issue of not wanting to be bothered?

BES10 offers a lot of security for your employer that they wouldn't get with just Exchange.
    03-05-13 03:07 PM
    You can turn on Parental Controls and get most of what the OP was looking for here. Then when you take the phone back just turn them off.
    03-05-13 03:09 PM
    You can turn on Parental Controls and get most of what the OP was looking for here. Then when you take the phone back just turn them off.
    i cant see anything in the Parental controls that limits the phone to only use a few designated apps?
    am i missing something?
    03-05-13 03:14 PM
    Your normal side "Personal". Kids -"Work" lol
    03-05-13 03:21 PM
    I would use my other section as a guest section would be nice if they couldn't see my emails, texts, pictures, videos, browsing history etc.
    03-05-13 03:24 PM
    Parental controls seem to give you some options, so I'd say at the very least, it would be nice to have "Parent Controls" on the drop down settings menu. But a filly portioned section would be the ultimate solution. Then perhaps you can set in your contacts which ones are to be on the balance side, same with email and such

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 04:04 PM
    How about your Z10 just being your Z10. I don't know why (well I do, but if I say why, it'll be on) parents of today have to share their phone with their kids. It's my phone, not yours. You feel the electronic gizmos help their development, get them an iPod touch or something.
    03-05-13 04:16 PM
    How about your Z10 just being your Z10. I don't know why (well I do, but if I say why, it'll be on) parents of today have to share their phone with their kids. It's my phone, not yours. You feel the electronic gizmos help their development, get them an iPod touch or something.
    a five minute distraction can be useful...
    03-05-13 04:22 PM
    I guess you don't Willie need that then do you

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 04:37 PM
    I guess you don't Willie need that then do you

Posted via CB10
    .....where's the facepalm smilie!
    03-05-13 04:38 PM
    I've already suggested this when we visited BB HQ in January, they're looking into it. It makes perfect sense.
    I hope they turn this on in a future update.

Bare bones Balance with EAS
    Balance on Steroids with BES
    03-08-13 02:02 PM
    BTW, Balance isn't really that much of a sandbox. It does nothing to limit the use of the phone, for instance, and unless the IT department specifically implements the policy to prevent it, the user can send e-mails from any account from both sides. Also, while entering "Work" requires the user to enter a password, there is none required to return to "Personal"

So even as a "kid corner" it wouldn't work that well.
    03-08-13 02:30 PM
    A password would be good for going in both directions. The way I would implement the feature is leaving the "Work Side" empty, then the user would be able to "Add To" "Work or whatever you want to name it, any apps or games they want

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 04:31 PM
    Or even just a folder that you need a password for?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 04:34 PM