Hey CB'ers,

looking @ a curve on craigslist for Sprint, CMDA right?

i know the precautions when dealing w/ craigslist...

the device is said to be brand new, never used etc., the seller wont give ESN info online.

Im going to do some backround investigation of course, but if it came down to it, is there any way to reset a bad ESN?
    11-24-08 06:59 AM
    Yes its cdma. I don't know about resetting a bad esn but if the seller wont provide the esn I wouldn't buy it.
    11-24-08 07:07 AM
    The only way I know for an ESN to be bad is if the device has a past due bill connected to it or is attached to a phone number. The only way to correct the ESN is to resolve those 2 issues..i.e. pay the old bill off or put a different ESN on the line.
    11-24-08 08:30 AM
    Seems to me that if you can prove that the old bill is not yours or the phone number is not/never has been yours then you should be able to do what you want with the phone.
    I am not responsible for someone else's mistakes (except for my kids (well until they turn 18)) and should not have to correct their mistakes.
    11-24-08 09:07 AM
    It doesn't matter if you can prove that the bill is not yours. The device is tied to the account. And the ESN will not be clear until all issues are resolved. If the ESN is not clear, all you've got is a really expensive paper weight. I agree with rlp, if the seller won't provide the ESN, don't give him your money.
    11-24-08 09:23 AM
    Seems to me that if you can prove that the old bill is not yours or the phone number is not/never has been yours then you should be able to do what you want with the phone.
    I am not responsible for someone else's mistakes (except for my kids (well until they turn 18)) and should not have to correct their mistakes.
    Unfortunately this could be a problem. The carrier does not have to release the ESN until the account is paid in full. Worse, if it is still attached to another account it could be a stolen device. I would just by a device here in the Crackberry Marketplace Forum.
    11-24-08 09:25 AM
    Thanks guys,

seller says ESN is clean but will not provide due to "phone flashing",

this 'new' 8330 is only $90 frikin bucks tho...

guess once were face to face ill have to check the ESN on my pearl b4 any $$ changes hands..
    11-24-08 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD