1. bebsbabe's Avatar
    I have a BlackBerry Tour (Verizon) and the web browser is really bad. 80% of the time, I never reach my destination. The other 20% of the time, I have nothing better to do than wait 5+ minutes for it to load. I have connection problems on Facebook and AppWorld. Am I doing something wrong? I have switched from FoxFire to Internet Explorer to BlackBerry and they all stink. I have seen people search maps, phone numbersm movie times ect in no time at all. I want that. If this is as good as the browser gets, I may switch back to my Motorola V60.
    02-08-10 08:14 PM
  2. AZBBFAN's Avatar
    If you don't need it try disabling javascript support
    02-08-10 08:15 PM
  3. Laura Knotek's Avatar
    In your BlackBerry browser go to Browser Options>Browser Configuration and make sure "Support JavaScript" is not checked. Pages will load faster. If you need JavaScript for a particular page, you will get a popup asking you to enable it just for that page anyway.
    02-08-10 08:17 PM
  4. gordongr's Avatar
    BB browser does stink. I have also tried Bolt, Opera Mini 5 & mini 5 Beta 2 & Opera Mini 4. They all blow BB Browser away, I find the Opera Mini 4 to be more stable & sooooooo fAST, Try it & you wont want to open the BB browser again
    02-08-10 08:42 PM
  5. JRSCCivic98's Avatar
    What OS are you on? That will have the biggest effect on this.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 10:16 PM
  6. fabuloso's Avatar
    I have a BlackBerry Tour (Verizon) and the web browser is really bad. 80% of the time, I never reach my destination. The other 20% of the time, I have nothing better to do than wait 5+ minutes for it to load. I have connection problems on Facebook and AppWorld. Am I doing something wrong? I have switched from FoxFire to Internet Explorer to BlackBerry and they all stink. I have seen people search maps, phone numbersm movie times ect in no time at all. I want that. If this is as good as the browser gets, I may switch back to my Motorola V60.
    Ever heard of researching a phone before purchasing?
    02-08-10 10:17 PM
  7. VDK's Avatar
    Ever heard of researching a phone before purchasing?
    Nope, how about you? (for kicks, 200th post)
    02-08-10 10:22 PM
  8. hondateg91's Avatar
    Just use Opera browser or bolt and use the BB browser when you need to download stuff. It works better and renders pages a lot faster.
    02-08-10 10:26 PM
  9. LuvMyBB's Avatar
    FoxFire to Internet Explorer to BlackBerry and they all stink.
    On which mobile device(s) did you try "FoxFire" (sic)? It just got released for a few Nokia models. I assume you meant Firefox unless there is something out there I missed.
    02-09-10 12:10 AM
  10. hondateg91's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure he's just talking about the different browser settings.
    02-09-10 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD