Is it bad for the battery to be constantly charged through out the day? I have dock on my desk at work (loving it) but was wondering if it's not great for the battery to be constantly "topped off" by going in and out of dock through out the day. Tour 9630 using BB? dock.
    Thx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-11 12:06 PM
    No. modern batteries have a "memory" which keeps it from overcharging. It may reduce the life over a long period. But I wouldnt worry about it
    03-08-11 12:14 PM
    The new generation of Li-ion batteries prefer being charged rather than discharged. My 9000 lived in a charging cradle all day every day and never had an issue. Lots of information here: How to prolong lithium-based batteries.

From that website: "The smaller the depth of discharge, the longer the battery will last. If at all possible, avoid frequent full discharges and charge more often between uses. If full discharges cannot be avoided, try utilizing a larger battery. Partial discharge on Li-ion is fine; there is no memory and the battery does not need periodic full discharge cycles other than to calibrate the fuel gauge on a smart battery."
    03-08-11 12:28 PM
    guess i got part of my facts wrong? lol.. maybe I was thinking how the older batteries had memory... anyway. charge away!
    03-08-11 12:35 PM
    guess i got part of my facts wrong? lol.. maybe I was thinking how the older batteries had memory... anyway. charge away!
    I believe it is modern chargers that work somehow to prevent overcharging. At least some combination of technology keeps overcharging out of the picture these days.
    03-08-11 01:04 PM
    Most modern device now have circuitry to monitor battery drain and charge. Once the battery reaches 100%, the device stops charging
    03-08-11 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD