Samsung Issues Weaker Than Expected Profit Forecast: BBC News - Samsung issues weaker than expected profit forecast

'Master Key' To Android Phones Uncovered: BBC News - 'Master key' to Android phones uncovered

Of course they've sold shedloads of S4's more than BB10 but is the whole market on the wane? And how bad could this Master Key discovery in Android be?
    07-05-13 07:58 AM
    Samsung Issues Weaker Than Expected Profit Forecast: BBC News - Samsung issues weaker than expected profit forecast

'Master Key' To Android Phones Uncovered: BBC News - 'Master key' to Android phones uncovered

Of course they've sold shedloads of S4's more than BB10 but is the whole market on the wane? And how bad could this Master Key discovery in Android be?
    Master Key recovery will be more terrifying to BB users that were already scared of everything Android... except (weirdly enough) free sideloaded android apps than it is to Android users. Still, IMHO, Google should have handled it better. The time involved is ridiculous.

I think the market is kind of soft across the board, but other manufacturers are a bit more diversified, and can weather the storm a bit better

As a long time Samsung observer in the mobile realm, I admit that I was surprised by its recent dominance though.
    Stephen C. likes this.
    07-05-13 08:08 AM
    Yes that's bad for Samsung and in general for smartphone industry.
    First it was Apple with 40 % drop in share value, then BlackBerry with 30 % drop and now it's Samsung.
    People are not ready for upgrade cycle yet...hopefully things will improve next year.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 09:42 AM
    07-05-13 10:15 AM