Z10
    Is there a way I can backup, wipe my phone, then restore just my contact. Not all the messages, settings, or application data. I want to start all over with factory settings.
    I'm having a lot of problems with BB Link restoring data which I think is messing up my phone. I have random restarts. Also have applications showing up installed in Blackberry world but aren�t on my phone anymore.
    Thank You!
    03-13-13 12:29 PM
    what type of contacts you have....is that email based or on phone? if its email based then simply wipe accout then add email account and do synchronization so contacts will be back and u are starting with factory reset u may add pin:24DA1DE8
    03-13-13 12:39 PM
    They're all phone contacts. Mostly phone numbers and addresses that I've manually entered since I've been using Blackberry.
    03-13-13 12:44 PM
    Can someone tell me what data is backed up using link
    03-15-13 07:36 AM
    *Currently* there is no way to backup and restore just contacts. Link grabs app data, settings, and media. App data is going to be the largest because it includes everything including your contacts.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 07:40 AM
    in the contact app, go to settings, scroll down, select "Copy Contacts from device to SIM Card".

Never tried it myself but may be what you are looking for
    03-15-13 08:27 AM
    Have you made backups using BlackBerry Protect? That should give you the opportunity to restore contacts once you wipe your phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 08:28 AM
    Philtr, I forget about that. Good helpful info.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 08:29 AM
    Look out for intouchapp .. I downloaded it on my bb OS6 and in the review, it says it even have a version for BB10.
    Some of the reviewers even mentioned succesfully transfered contacts from old BB os to BB10.
    From what I did and understand,
    You upload your contacts in old phone using the app, download the same app into new phone, log in and transfer the contacts to new phone.
    And it does synchronize between phones. Add/delete/updates.
    03-15-13 08:48 AM
    I tried selecting all my contacts and sharing them with my BOX accont... somehow the upload didn'T work but it would have been a nice alternative. Copy to SIM is buggy. not all contacts are taken from the device and some are copied from emails and services I've turned off.
    09-09-13 02:01 PM
    Best Peace of Mind I found, as I have 3 Z10's to keep up with, and recently with OS 10.1.0.4xxx and doing backup's and restores, I'm finding that some of my contacts are gone, or only partially complete. Like no phone numbers, etc. Not a happy camper.. So today I found an App that is really cool and is Awesome.. by InTouchapp, you will find it on BBWorld. Any time you make a change,update a contact or add a contact, it will automatically be updated and saved and backed up. Plus it will weed out Duplicates after you have made the first Backup, etc.
    Free download, after you see how it works you'll want it and sign up for the once a year for under five dollars or once every two years for under eight dollars. With 6 devices allowed as well, all is available at any time. Can be put back on your current phone or any other phone within minutes.... Check it out.. if you want total peace of mind never again wondering if all your contacts will be there .. They will with this app and service.. I have over 540 contacts and lots of notes and important info with those contacts, you will have them in moments, No usb's , wifi or computers to put it back and do it from any where or any place as long as you have service. By the way my Z's are unlocked, and using at moment AT&T service..
    Hope this will help someone else sleep better tonight.. While I'm at it.. Thanks CB and all you BB addicts for all the good info shared.
    09-11-13 06:21 PM
    Is there an app that can backup and restore all my contacts, completly, just the way I left them on the phone, linked together. I use Phone, Gmail and FB contacts, and I made very nice Contacts. But when I do backup/restore with BB Link it unlinks them all, and I have to do all linking again. I mean, what is the purpose of linking contacts if BBLink doesn't back them up they way I left them.
    I tried InTouch, it just messed all my contacts.
    So, is there a way to backup and restore contacts as they are now in my phone, linked together with Gmail, FB and Phone?
    10-01-13 05:05 PM
    Yes. Try Fire Chest Backup. You'll find it in BlackBerry World. It's free.
    10-02-13 09:04 AM
    There's an app called Contact X that will let you export your contacts to your SD card. It's a couple of bucks but well worth it.
    10-02-13 09:28 AM
    What carrier do you have? Your carrier may have a media backup plan of its own. For example: Verizon has Backup Assistant. So if I wanted to do what it sounds like you're trying to do, I would just wipe my phone and start fresh. Go to VZW Backup Assistant and run it. It would bring in all my contacts from my most recent backup. Address books are associated with phone numbers so if I switched to a new phone I could run the same app.
    10-02-13 09:50 AM
    What carrier do you have? Your carrier may have a media backup plan of its own. For example: Verizon has Backup Assistant. So if I wanted to do what it sounds like you're trying to do, I would just wipe my phone and start fresh. Go to VZW Backup Assistant and run it. It would bring in all my contacts from my most recent backup. Address books are associated with phone numbers so if I switched to a new phone I could run the same app.
    I don't live in USA, and carrier services are preety basic here. Calls, SMS, MMS and Internet... nothing more.
    I'm using VIP in Serbia.
    10-02-13 03:06 PM
    There's plenty of third party solutions for this.
    I just recently ran into this app and it's free and seems to do exactly what you want.
    ContactsImEx, I haven't actually tried it though.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/37102894
    10-02-13 04:30 PM