Hi all,

Had my curve for 2 weeks now and really enjoying it with the great help and info on this forum. Migrated from Motorola phones where I modded the heck out of so I was very comfortable upgrading my O.S. as soon as I got it but now I have a small issue.
    Been backing up the Curve since I got it but today DM fails with the posted pic error. Anyone familiar with this and what I can do to fix it?

08-19-08 08:26 PM
    Go into options, and uncheck databases until you stop getting errors. Now you know where the problem is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 08:36 PM
    Still an issue. The backup stops when it reaches 'Profiles' then the error occurs.
    08-20-08 06:37 AM
    Had the same problem: downgraded from DM 4.5 to 4.3 & it worked fine. Later loaded 4.5.0.55 on bb and then upgraded DM & no problems since.

08-20-08 07:23 AM
    Assuming your last backup before this went well try this:

In DM with the BB connected, click advanced. You will have 2 panes. The 1 on the right is what is on your device. Go to Profiles in that pane and select "Clear".

Now on the left side click "File" then open and select your last known good backup. Scroll to profiles in that pane (left) and click the arrow pointing to the right.

You should now be able to get past that error. Good luck!

08-20-08 07:33 AM
    Thanks guys! Will give it another go after work.

08-20-08 07:50 AM
    Assuming your last backup before this went well try this:

In DM with the BB connected, click advanced. You will have 2 panes. The 1 on the right is what is on your device. Go to Profiles in that pane and select "Clear".

Now on the left side click "File" then open and select your last known good backup. Scroll to profiles in that pane (left) and click the arrow pointing to the right.

You should now be able to get past that error. Good luck!

OK I was just on the phone with VZW becuase I had the same issue and they had no idea on how to help me, then I came to this site and your instructions worked like a charm. This only solidifies that crackberry has the most intelligent people that are able to help in any situation. Once again thank you very much. You should be a moderator!!!
    08-27-08 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD