I did a dumb thing and split coffee on my phone.I do have a recent backup if I have to get a new blackberry can I apply that backup to the new phone ? Will it take ?
    01-21-11 03:30 PM
    Yes, shouldn't be a problem. If its a different model device, you can just do a selective restore of the data you need without all the other settings that may not match. The same device can just get a full restore.
    mlomheim likes this.
    01-21-11 03:41 PM
    Thanks. One other thing. I've done this for aremote and it worked. You think its worth a shot to soak just the keypad part in isopropyl alcohol then let it dry for 24 hrs ? The phone turns of and the scroller moves left to right, but dosent do anything when i press the keys. I took the battery out last night and took a hair dryver to it for ten minutes and th phone worked but then a few hours later the keypad wouldnt work again. If I get a used phone call I just call my provider to register the new pin ?
    01-21-11 04:19 PM
    Pure alcohol is better, the higher the % the better, check at the hardware store, or home store, 95% or better. Yes it's worth a shot, and for the drying part use silica gel packs like the pharmacy uses, or like used in shipping, or uncooked rice.
    01-21-11 11:35 PM
    Uncooked rice works nicely. However I'm afraid w/ you turning it on and off already might not be a smart idea before you have gotten all the moisture out. Best to do if you get one wet is turn it off break it down and put it in a ziplock bag with rice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-11 03:50 AM
    If you're competent with breaking down a BB, remove the LCD and battery, and dunk the rest in purest alcohol you can find. Remove and let excess drip off, then place into a vessel you can completely cover it with uncooked rice.
    I believe best is bowl or small casserole, but I've always heard it should be open, not in a bag as the last poster said. Maybe there's a good reason for that of which I'm not aware, so until I hear one submerge your BB in rice in an open-air container.

I'm saying this not knowing exactly which model you have. I wouldn't do this with a Torch!
    I feel like a broken record, but this is why it's important to include your device om your profile, and ideally carrier & location too.
    01-22-11 05:52 AM
    I believe best is bowl or small casserole, but I've always heard it should be open, not in a bag as the last poster said. Maybe there's a good reason for that of which I'm not aware, so until I hear one submerge your BB in rice in an open-air container.

I'm saying this not knowing exactly which model you have. I wouldn't do this with a Torch!
    I feel like a broken record, but this is why it's important to include your device om your profile, and ideally carrier & location too.
    I'm telling you what I have done. On several devices. Phones, Psps, dses. I have saved my wifes iphones several times. I take them apart. The reason in the ziplock bag is to remove all air and keep air out. Air has moisture in it. If you are in an uncovered bowl the rice acting like a sponge is going to draw moisture in out of the air. What you want is to sponge the moisture out of tje divice. I don't use the alchol cause alchol is good source if you can't get anything else in the area to replace the moisture. I.e a fuel tank or lines. In an open envirment the alchol is just not need unless your wanting to kill germs while your at it. Now if they keep trying to make the device work with out drying it out I don't care what you do they are going to short it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-11 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD