Will you please remind us? I am pretty new to backup, never done it before ... but just got the Bold 9650 and love it, would hate to lose all my data.

12-27-10 11:24 AM
    I was able to back up my 8330 curve using DM. I was able to back up ALL info, including 3rd party applications and was able to restore all of the information onto my 9650. It went so well, that even my preferences copied over (speed dials, ringtone choices for contacts). I was amazed. All I had to do was go to the companies I bought applications from and get new codes for my new pin #. BACK UP, Back up!! No additional programs needed. Just use the disk that came with your phone.
    12-28-10 05:02 AM
    I was able to back up my 8330 curve using DM. I was able to back up ALL info, including 3rd party applications and was able to restore all of the information onto my 9650. It went so well, that even my preferences copied over (speed dials, ringtone choices for contacts). I was amazed. All I had to do was go to the companies I bought applications from and get new codes for my new pin #. BACK UP, Back up!! No additional programs needed. Just use the disk that came with your phone.
    You are absolutely right that you can do an excellent backup on DM without any 3rd party apps, provided you have the discipline to do your backups regularly.
    3rd party backup apps allows you to schedule backup over the air via email even when you are asleep. Besides, if the 3rd Party App only cost you $2.99, why not? Even an insurance cost more than that and do not cover data loss.
    12-28-10 07:02 AM
    I think this post deserves a BUMP BUMP BUMPPPP

Cheers,
    Jack
    05-23-11 01:19 AM
    to keep the contacts from doubling and tripling, via G-Sync, you need to turn off the native Google Addy sync.

manage email > google account > sync options and un-check contacts... it'll prevent that from happening.
    Im just curious where do you find these options because i have had the problem of duplicates...
    05-23-11 01:38 AM
    Im just curious where do you find these options because i have had the problem of duplicates...
    I believe you have to go to the e-mail setup app. Though, if a BIS sync works with Google (which mine actually did), then good for you. That would be better than the app IMO.
    05-23-11 01:51 AM
    BUMP
    Cuz its important
    08-15-11 02:29 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD